Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

PMDG Dev update 01/27/2024 More 777 Previews

37 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

For anyone who has hopes the 777 will release with a new LNAV... let's say probably not.

Truly astounding customer interaction here.

spacer.png

He has a funny way of saying „no, it‘s not coming“…

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Unfortunately, this "I want it all and I want it now" attitude is becoming almost normal online. That is what is embarrassing.

The requests for PMDG to improve their LNAV capability have been happening for well over a decade.

Other airliner devs seem capable to provide full ARINC 424 nav database standard functionality, so why is the longest standing and one of the most celebrated devs unwilling/unable to do so?

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, thepilot said:

He has a funny way of saying „no, it‘s not coming“…

I don't think the new LNAV is coming for some time. I bet PMDG has their hands full trying to finish the 777. And then after the 777 released, they will probably rush to finish the 737 Max before iFly finishes their 737 Max for MSFS.

This will probably sound harsh, but the amount of revenue and therefore, profit, that PMDG gains by prioritizing the new LNAV is probably a lot less than if they release the 777 and 737 Max first. Specifically, the 737 Max is not something they can put on the table and defer to later, because if iFly releases their 737 Max first, PMDG will lose a lot of money from it. Randazzo is a smart businessman and he is thinking how he can make the most money, and he knows that if he delays the LNAV release, those same customers who want a better LNAV, will likely end up buying the 777 and 737 Max anyways.

So IMO, I don't think the new LNAV is coming soon. It will probably come, but probably not until the 777 and 737 Max have been released.  And even then, I wonder if he will put resources on the ne LNAV, or if he will just put all those resources into the 747.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

This will probably sound harsh, but the amount of revenue and therefore, profit, that PMDG gains by prioritizing the new LNAV is probably a lot less than if they release the 777 and 737 Max first.

I don't think it sounds harsh at all and I share your view. From a business standpoint, it surely is the right decision.

As a simmer seeking the highest possible fidelity, it really disappoints me. I was hoping the 777 would bring the improved LNAV and Navdata and I'm negatively surprised this doesn't seem to be the case. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

I'm ok waiting on the LNAV.  Everybody has a different need.  For me I'm ok waiting on something like that. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

o, my view is that's just the normal human interactions you see when you have a difference of opinion. 

So threatening a customer with ban / account deletion because he said he would not buy a product on day one because of a missing feature, that is "normal human interactions"?

3 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

For anyone who has hopes the 777 will release with a new LNAV... let's say probably not.

spacer.png

Typcial RSR. One of the most antipathic persons in the entire business. Can't stand at all that "you are either with us, or against us" attitude he constantly shows over at their forums.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

So threatening a customer with ban / account deletion because he said he would not buy a product on day one because of a missing feature, that is "normal human interactions"?

Typcial RSR. One of the most antipathic persons in the entire business. The fact that this comment gets no criticism and instead 6 likes only confirms the impression that the forums over there have turned into a cult with the leading maxime "you are either with us, or against us".

You should read the full context of the thread. The next post is him getting pushback and that posts actually has way more likes that RSR's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew2448 said:

spacer.png

Funny enough RSR deleted his comments and people starting commenting how RSR was out of order.

40 minutes ago, chapstick said:

You should read the full context of the thread. The next post is him getting pushback and that posts actually has way more likes that RSR's. 

Ah really, that's great to hear!

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I'm ok waiting on the LNAV.  Everybody has a different need.  For me I'm ok waiting on something like that. 

So what are we waiting for?

37 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

These days, unfortunately, yes. 

It might not be nice, or right, but it is their forum, and their their ball you are playing with on their property. 
For whatever reason they want, they can take the ball away and kick you out at any time.  Same as here, or any other forum. 

Despite any perceived shortcomings, they are bound to try to portray their product in a positive light, as you would expect. 
The phrasing and tone of his post does come across as insulting, capitalising 'ANOTHER' and using the phrase 'embarrassing'.
So anyone they see as detracting from a positive image of the product that they will shortly be trying to sell will be shown the door.

Like I said above, it might not seem right or fair, but there you go.  I have had experience of the Aerosoft forums.  Worse than that.
Ultimately, the poster has said he won't be buying it in that condition.  Based on how we perceive the company, it is your choice and mine to do the same. 

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Typcial RSR. One of the most antipathic persons in the entire business. Can't stand at all that "you are either with us, or against us" attitude he constantly shows over at their forums.

I love pmdg products and have more time in pmdg addons than anything else, but I cant stand this guys attitude.  You can tell over the past few years he has tried to tone it down as he is getting flak for it now that the community has grown, but every now and then his true self shines through. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

I love pmdg products and have more time in pmdg addons than anything else, but I cant stand this guys attitude.  You can tell over the past few years he has tried to tone it down as he is getting flak for it now that the community has grown, but every now and then his true self shines through. 

Mathjis joining the PMDG group showing Rob how its done? you continue to be nagging customer on the forums and you're out.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't think the new LNAV is coming for some time. I bet PMDG has their hands full trying to finish the 777. And then after the 777 released, they will probably rush to finish the 737 Max before iFly finishes their 737 Max for MSFS.

This will probably sound harsh, but the amount of revenue and therefore, profit, that PMDG gains by prioritizing the new LNAV is probably a lot less than if they release the 777 and 737 Max first. Specifically, the 737 Max is not something they can put on the table and defer to later, because if iFly releases their 737 Max first, PMDG will lose a lot of money from it. Randazzo is a smart businessman and he is thinking how he can make the most money, and he knows that if he delays the LNAV release, those same customers who want a better LNAV, will likely end up buying the 777 and 737 Max anyways.

So IMO, I don't think the new LNAV is coming soon. It will probably come, but probably not until the 777 and 737 Max have been released.  And even then, I wonder if he will put resources on the ne LNAV, or if he will just put all those resources into the 747.

Dear Abrams, I'll tell you what will happen, based on the track of broken promises such as "DC-6 for P3Dv5", "Navdata update", "LNAV 2.0", "upgraded 777 VC"... etc...

They will not update the LNAV / Navdata because they are finishing the 777. But wait... then comes the 747, which won't include that either. Oh... and then maybe (and that's a big maybe because in my opinion - and I hope it happens - the iFly team will eat their lunch) comes the MAX and it might just use the current NG capabilities - they can't leave  iFly dominate the MAX market after all. Besides, no one in the Xbox side of the street cares about a good LNAV implementation, right? Heck, even people in this thread won't care.

So... in reality - by judging the current 737 line in MSFS - what we're really seeing (and paying for) are graphical/quality of life improvements in products that haven't received real technical updates in a very long time. I don't think I'll be proven wrong regarding the 777. They are just "porting" stuff over that was built more than a decade ago.

I've been a PMDG customer since the FLY! days... that's what? 25 years ago? I own the 737 in MSFS and will buy the 777 because I love that bird. But in all honesty, I'm buying it because no one else is creating these aircraft, not because I am a loyal follower of the RSR sect. The guy has become so full of himself lately that it's no longer funny. Oh, and if it wasn't enough, they recruited Señor Kok... perfect fit if you ask me. 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde