Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Ini Is Dropping The a300-600R Today (Update)

Things still aren't looking so hot from some of the posts on the discord.  I really wish I had not bought this airplane.  I haven't flown once since I bough because I don't have time to start a flight only for it to land up CTD or some sorta uncontrolled flight. 

No ini products for me ever again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

A deal breaker for me is the fact that they use the default nav data (with all of the limitations that come from it). Yeah, I know that you can update the sim navdata with navigraph but I still see a lot of sid/stars missing on the default nav data. I still cant wrap my head around that decision. I dont get it.

Juan Ramos

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Things still aren't looking so hot from some of the posts on the discord.  I really wish I had not bought this airplane.  I haven't flown once since I bough because I don't have time to start a flight only for it to land up CTD or some sorta uncontrolled flight. 

I am shure they don't miss you..😄

I do not see any CTD with this Airplane a long time now, the only thing for me is the performance/ fluid  ( on my System) compared with most other planes i use within the sim ( PMDG 737, Fenix A320, WT787 all models, Asobo/WT747-8 and much more ) they all fine.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Things have really improved (finally after 9 updates). Have done 15 flights over the last two weeks exclusively with the A300 and even VNAV has done well mostly so far. It still has some LNAV problems on tight curves after takeoff, but nothing gamebreaking any more. Give it another try, it's much better now (this comes from someone that also completely stopped using it after the 1.05 or so update that ruined everything).

• Like 3

Same here.  It's been stable through the last few updates at my end.  Just tested this new update last night (EDDK > EGPK) and it was flawless, and the new remix of the sounds (thought subtle) is a welcome addition.

It's my favourite airliner by quite a margin at the mo.

• Like 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

10 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Fly the plane for yourself

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

It seems a strange approach to purchase an aircraft and then read forums and decide never to fly it based on the comments in those forums. Try the plane! It has improved a good deal over the past few months; it is not PMDG/FENIX but it is quite good and I hope iniBuilds will continue to strengthen it. What I have taken away from this is it is best to wait a few months after iniBuilds releases a product before jumping in.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Try the aircraft yourself. I've done over a dozen flights in it since launch with no issues.

These bugs don't effect everyone. You won't know until you actually try it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 2:56 PM, Area said:

Hello,
Request for opinion (I am not opening a discussion for what must have already been asked, thank you.)
If you "fly" the 737 pmdg and/or A320 Fenix, do you think that the A300-600 V1.1.0 is a plus to have it in your hangar as a "study level" aircraft
Thanks in advance.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:21 PM, Area said:

Thank you @regis9 , @Cpt_Piett , @JYW , your opinions have made my mind up.😉

NB: Inibuilds can also thank you 😂

Some time ago, I asked the "pros" for the A300-600R's opinion and I followed their advice and bought it (V1.1.0) see quote above.
I fly less than 1 hour in Europe and have had no crashes.
Outdoors and especially indoors it is very immersive.

The criticism that I "could make" (this is only my opinion) is that it is capricious regarding the altitude constraints on climbs (UK) and on respecting the descent plan. There I always have to watch him like “milk on the fire”; it's often too high, too fast and I'm often standing on the Speed Brakes. Once we have accepted this, it is really pleasant to fly, especially for approaches (ILS-RNAV) in manual mode.

NB: I had no problem with the ILS and RNAV approaches (in particular: LFML RNAV31L via DOLIV where the final turn is tight)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xender said:

A deal breaker for me is the fact that they use the default nav data (with all of the limitations that come from it). Yeah, I know that you can update the sim navdata with navigraph but I still see a lot of sid/stars missing on the default nav data. I still cant wrap my head around that decision. I dont get it.

The explanation for why they did that is quite simple. The A310 was funded by Microsoft to be a default plane so it has to use the default navdata, or else it's worthless to the majority of MSFS players. The A300, being essentially the same systems, are of course going to use the same navigation codebase as the A310.

16 minutes ago, Area said:

The criticism that I "could make" (this is only my opinion) is that it is capricious regarding the altitude constraints on climbs (UK) and on respecting the descent plan

IIRC The A300 does not have VNAV climb in real life either. It will keep speed restrictions on climb, but not altitude. So you'll have to dial up the altitude yourself to keep the restrictions.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Area said:

The criticism that I "could make" (this is only my opinion) is that it is capricious regarding the altitude constraints on climbs (UK) and on respecting the descent plan. There I always have to watch him like “milk on the fire”; it's often too high, too fast and I'm often standing on the Speed Brakes. Once we have accepted this, it is really pleasant to fly, especially for approaches (ILS-RNAV) in manual mode.

It might be how it is in the real aircraft. VNAV is not as accurate as in 737 or A320. I also use quite a bit of speed brakes on descent. Sometimes V/S to fine-tune to meet a restriction. 

It’s a heavy aircraft with a lot of inertia, so speed and energy management is crucial, otherwise it’s so easy ending up too high and fast before the final approach fix.

Non-precision approaches: I plan to be fully configured before the FAP.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It might be how it is in the real aircraft. VNAV is not as accurate as in 737 or A320. I also use quite a bit of speed brakes on descent. Sometimes V/S to fine-tune to meet a restriction. 

It’s a heavy aircraft with a lot of inertia, so speed and energy management is crucial, otherwise is so easy ending up too high and fast before the final approach fix.

Non-precision approaches: I plan to be fully configured before the FAP.

That have to be done this way with this aircraft ( for what is a pilot in a aircraft ) because it is a "older one" and this is normal with such an aircraft..

I am thinking sometimes a lot of the pilots here in the Avsim forum think an airplane like this should always fly exactly according to plan, perfect so to speak, but that's not the case in real life and especially not with an old airplane like this where navigation technology wasn't that advanced. The pilot had to work a little harder and some hobby pilots probably can't understand that or do not realise that the plane work like this..

cheers 😉

• Upvote 4

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

That have to be done this way with this aircraft ( for what is a pilot in a aircraft ) because it is a "older one" and this is normal with such an aircraft..

Indeed. Been flying the Fenix a lot today. VNAV worked flawlessly in managed descent from FL135 to FAP at 2000ft, which included slowing from .65 Mach (340kts) to 250 below 10,000ft. I used a bit of spoilers to help the aircraft slow down before flaps 1 and V/S to aim for a nice transition from descent to G/S.

This is simply not possible in the A300. Which of course makes me want to use it on the next trip 😁

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

15 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Wait, you bought it, didn't fly it, have determined it's junk because some people in a chat room said it was, so you're going to boycott them? Without even personally experiencing the product you own?

That seems...  Odd.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1