Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

Q8 Pilot is also doing a live steam; I find his reviews to be informed and fair.  

Matt King

5 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

But that was not correct. Current METAR is showing clear skies.

1569067270_Screenshot2024-04-18124211.thumb.png.185aa5a1991ea591c543a688cdcf5437.png

Metars only shows conditions up to 5000ft. Above that there was an overcast layer. With ASFS clear skies.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Just now, kingm56 said:

Q8 Pilot is also doing a live steam; I find his reviews to be informed and fair.  

yes he just loosed full controll....

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, pilotter said:

will it be possible for PMDG or Fenix to use this for weather radar, or will AS bring there one radar as was in the past ( pop up). I am not yet convinced. 

Even if it were possible, neither PMDG nor Fenix are going to spend development time to interface with Active Sky if it doesn't sell well.  No developer wants to provide support and maintenance for software that isn't used widely. 

If Active Sky sells as well as GSX, then I can see PMDG and Fenix spending development time to interface with Active Sky (if it's possible).  GSX has sold so well that it compelled Fenix to get their Fenix A320 to work with it.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Guys - AS will show whatever the METAR says. That's not necessarily the same as you see outside the window. MSFS live weather will be more accurate (visually) because the clouds are not based on METARS, but other Meteoblue data. That is to be expected.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

my biggest wish would be that they (asobo) didn't have to work with meteoblue.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

All right I am skipping this one, loved it in the past maybe in the future?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Posted (edited)

I think the Chewwy stream is showing the inherent issue with trying to rely on Metars to build weather.  It's currently cloudy and raining in EGLL which MSFS Live Wx is showing correctly.  AS is showing perfectly clear skies....

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

This is sort of sad. The early reviews are abysmal. Some of the the FSX/P3D developers seem to be trying to adapt ESP style techniques into a completely different platform and it's like oil and water 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, micstatic said:

my biggest wish would be that they (asobo) didn't have to work with meteoblue.  

I'm not a weather expert, but how do you get accurate weather data outside of METAR areas without MeteoBlue?

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I am VERY familiar with Twitch. That's a pretty misleading statement don't you think? You're obviously an affiliate bare minimum likely a partner (if not aspiring to be). You absolutely DO get extra money from a higher viewer count just not directly. 

Direct subs /gifted subs (hype trains!) 

Chat engagement /current viewers /average viewer count. All these count towards valuable Twitch 'status' which gives better percentages for the streamer over time. 

I do know it's hard work earning a living on there especially without playing 'the game' but.. To be already streaming and then decide to randomly buy and review a product online the results of which could affect someone ELSE'S way of earning a living? It's your choice what you do but it's also my choice to react negatively if I don't like this way of doing business. 

I don't think my initial statement is misleading at all. More viewers does not equate to 'extra money', in no way at all.

'Chat engagement /current viewers /average viewer count' - none of these parameters mean we get a better percentage.

I review many products at the drop of a hat on stream as soon as they drop. I have given many positive and negative reviews on an array of products. I've watched a few more streamers tonight and I'm glad my opinion has been backed up by the issues they have been having. There is no way a program should require users to go through such an effort to get it working. Still even hours later, I don't get what this product has been designed for.

As for affecting someone else's way of earning a living - I owe it to my community to be honest and open about my feeling towards a product both positive and/or negative. I want my showcase to be a reason as to whether people choose to or not choose to purchase a product. Probably my showcase would turn people away from buying the product, because I personally don't think it offers enough value for £25. But, again it is subjective and I will always make my true feelings known to my community.

That being said I have given negative reviews before on things and gone on to love a product in the future once issues have been fixed. So hopefully that can happen at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm not a weather expert, but how do you get accurate weather data outside of METAR areas without MeteoBlue?

a lot of the snow coverage issues point straight back to them.  And their are other weather companies out there that they could have contracted with.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

@Damian Clark I'm having trouble with uploading the snapshot to simbrief. Is that not yet working? Or what am I doing wrong? Getting an error message after the simbrief downloader tries to set the historical time in AS, after one or two minutes.

I posted in simbrief navigraph forum, there's a workaround.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/active-sky-and-simbrief-downloader-error/15085

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg