Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

Anybody know if the Airac is updatable in Activesky

You have to install (if not already), Navigraph FMS Data Manager, in addon mapping with the plus sign (+) add Active Sky P3D (New for v4/v5), you'll have a folder on the right side, click on it, and look for AS_FS installation folder (mine as default is: C, Program Files, HiFi, AS_FS) select that last folder, then go back to addon List, there you should now have Active Sky P3D (New for v4/v5), tick the little left box and then update it with the right buttons, think its the down arrow simbol.

• Like 3

Sergio Naiberg

I just bought ASFS. Really happy with it. Similar to the experience we had using FSX/P3D.

It would be great if some of those older features like wing fade and in-cloud motion effects can be brought in at some point!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rstough said:

If you looke on the REX Discord channel you can see clearly that Weather Force has not been abandoned. All of our products have had regular updates and added features. We just added 5 year historical / archive weather data. We are adding new features soon.

Both of these truely fine developers have a place at the table here.  No question.  Free market competition breeds solutions and innovation. Both have responded not only now, but over a great stretch of sim history.  In previous simulators I had a great preference for attributes from each of these.  I highly valued the textures from REX SF.  Unequaled.  And I also highly valued the weather injection from AS16.  As a former weather professional both are of great importance for me.

• Like 8

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

Both of these truely fine developers have a place at the table here.  No question.  Free market competition breeds solutions and innovation. Both have responded not only now, but over a great stretch of sim history.  In previous simulators I had a great preference for attributes from each of these.  I highly valued the textures from REX SF.  Unequaled.  And I also highly valued the weather injection from AS16.  As a former weather professional both are of great importance for me.

The glory days of Active Sky for the weather injection and SkyForce 3D for the cloud textures in P3D were great.

It's such a shame that the clouds in MSFS are still so bad. I really wish there was something similar to SkyForce that could completely change the way the clouds are rendered. I really dislike the look of them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

I thought selflessness (eg putting the financial gain of others ahead of your own) was a self-assigned gen y/z thing, and boomers were supposed to be selfish?  I feel like you're mixing generational metaphors here now.  😁

I think I was hinting that boomers got their money very easily compared to the previous and following generations but look down on the following generations who are unlikely to ever experience the luxury of not needing or wanting (more) money.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just purchased. Active sky has never disappointed me in the past! :biggrin:

• Like 6

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

a lot of the snow coverage issues point straight back to them.  And their are other weather companies out there that they could have contracted with.  

And you don’t know, if any of these other companies would do anything better. It‘s my humble opinion, but I have never seen a better and more immersive weather depiction in any other simulator.  Of course, I  miss a functional weather radar. As I see it, a weather radar only makes sense, when flying into bad weather leads to consequences for your flight.

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

I feel like I've re-aquainted with an old friend, I picked up the tab for a couple of pints, $24.99  plus a 34% tip = $34.50 CDN. Not bad eh! 🍺

• Like 5

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

2 hours ago, SN737 said:

You have to install (if not already), Navigraph FMS Data Manager, in addon mapping with the plus sign (+) add Active Sky P3D (New for v4/v5), you'll have a folder on the right side, click on it, and look for AS_FS installation folder (mine as default is: C, Program Files, HiFi, AS_FS) select that last folder, then go back to addon List, there you should now have Active Sky P3D (New for v4/v5), tick the little left box and then update it with the right buttons, think its the down arrow simbol.

thanks done

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Agreed and both are excellent approachable developers with a passion for aviation

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

PSA: @Damian Clark,

Just purchased your ASFS two hours ago - would not connect,

Steam MSFS with AutoFPS utility,

wasted 2 hours - but got it working by going to AppData/Roaming/HiFi/AS-FS/AddonFolder & then running 'ActiveSkyUtils',

this really should have been sorted out beforehand, IMO,

AS FS now works!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

PSA: @Damian Clark,

Just purchased your ASFS two hours ago - would not connect,

Steam MSFS with AutoFPS utility,

wasted 2 hours - but got it working by going to AppData/Roaming/HiFi/AS-FS/AddonFolder & then running 'ActiveSkyUtils',

this really should have been sorted out beforehand, IMO,

AS FS now works!

We've had 3 reports/confirmations of fix, related to certain AV blocking of that folder and its .exe files.  False positive.  In this case you must allow/exclude that folder.  This did not come up in beta.  Sorry for the issue, but out of our control.  We'll update our documentation and notes accordingly to make this easier to find and be aware of.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Is it possible to have Active Sky MSfS running on a networked pc or does the app have to be installed on the same computer as MSFS?

I know, this is a stupid question to ask of a weather program, but has anyone tried if the visibility works correctly?
The visibility with the default live weather is always half of that of the METAR and it has ruined many non-precision approaches for me.
If this is fixed in Active Sky, then this alone would be a reason for me to get it.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LGKR said:

Is it possible to have Active Sky MSfS running on a networked pc or does the app have to be installed on the same computer as MSFS?

For the client app, not at this time, but we plan to add that soon.  But you can run the web companion app on any device on the network (through browser).

page  3  of  this  thread

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg