Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

TFDi MD-11 now feature complete - testing begins

Well folks,

It looks like the TFDI team are nearing the end of their development phase and now begin testing in earnest.

No specific release date announced yet though.

I am wondering what your purchase plans are since there are 3 versions available?

You can either install the passenger or cargo variant and then purchase the other main variant for $10 and there's an extended simulation package with failures for another $5.

The system functionality seems to be pretty good based on current details available and something I would expect from TFDi, but i noticed from a cosmetic standpoint, the latest April screenshots of the Lufthansa cargo version seem to shown a fuselage with very pronounced stringers making the fuselage not really ovoidal and true to life in my opinion.I have not really noticed this on the MD-11 in real life given I have seen a few in my time as a frequent visitor to Frankfurt to see the Lufty three-holers.

Also the weathering on the Lufthansa seems to be a little bit overdone.

What do you think?

The screenshots I am referring to can be found on their Discord Dev-update channel or you can take a look at https://fselite.net/content/tfdi-design-md-11-feature-complete-nearing-release/

For more system simulations review, there is a YT video made with the early alpha version from Feb shown by one of their QA testers that includes a more comprehensive system review:

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Looking fwd into THIS !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

By a long long shot, my most expected airliner for MSFS. I hope it's good, i mean it.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

By a long long shot, my most expected airliner for MSFS. I hope it's good, i mean it.

MSFS? Is that a flight simulator? 🤪

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

It's what we got nowadays.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Posted (edited)

Deleted.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Yeah really looking forward to fly this one in P3DV5! I do hope they did the P3D version justice though and did not put all their effort on the MSFS version.

Haha a part of me is a bit worried when I looked through the github for their bugs (and 95% seem to be MSFS reported bugs). I guess this could in a worst case scenario mean that they might have missed some bugs for the P3D version but lets hope that isn't the case. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

I too am concerned about the quality of the plane in P3d, but we’ll see how it is upon release.

I definitely am going to pick it up the freighter version if they’ve done it justice.  Don’t think I will get the pax version. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Orman

19 hours ago, okupton said:

I too am concerned about the quality of the plane in P3d, but we’ll see how it is upon release.

I definitely am going to pick it up the freighter version if they’ve done it justice.  Don’t think I will get the pax version. 

I was thinking I would do the same and purchase the cargo variant first  as there's a few freighter flights I would like to replicate e.g. EDDF- VHHH, EDDF-KORD with the Lufty and hopefully someone has done a Martinair repaint so a few flights from EHAM can be flown too.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Yea Martinair, Lufthansa, FedEx, and ups are on my list for sure.  

Does anybody have the P3d version early access that can weigh in on how it is?  Only videos I’ve seen are the msfs version. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Orman

Posted (edited)

I've already got some FedEx ops planned for the freighter version that I'm looking forward to trying (naturally it includes a trip to Kai Tak 😁).

I also hope the P3D version will prove on-par with the MSFS version - I have cause to be optimistic from the other stuff I've read from the devs, as apparently there isn't too much between the two sims insofar as the dev process is concerned, but we'll have to wait till release to see how that bears out.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

FYI... TFDI posted a small YT update on Feature Complete status and what's already included. This is as of yesterday which is a few months more progress than the original YT video I posted above..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

I bought the early version and have had this aircraft since they released it for P3D.  The aircraft is really nice visually.  Model and cockpit are great.  It is extremely buggy, I mean extremely.  They have been working a lot on it, so it continues to improve.  They really ticked me off when it first came out.  They released it for MSFS about two months before the P3D version.  Then they continued to improve the MSFS version before releasing the P3D version, almost as if they weren't going to finish a P3D version.  To their credit, after a lot of ticked off users, they finally started to work on the P3D version.  I think everyone will be impressed with the aircraft.  It is as nice or better than the PMDG version from years ago.  It will have some bugs and non working features when it's released, but they said those would continue to be improved.  It has been a long wait for this bird..I think it will be one that is worth the wait. 

• Like 7

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

The TFDI 717 is a very nice model but such a VRAM hog. It was originally released as a beta and took a couple of years to get to a polished state. 
Does anyone know if they will sell it through ORBX Central?
I will wait to see how P3D users are treated before buying. 

• Like 1

Vic green

Looks good, but not good enough (yet) to convert me to buy another MD11 then...