Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Official PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Livery List

Alex farmer or known best as gold star published a notam where he would focus on his cpl and therefore would semi retire from painting aircraft

Yes, there will be more.

We decided against doing it - it would take a ton of time and we thought Pete and Jason's effort was better spent making more numerous other liveries people would want than just a single one. Someone like Alex Farmer or Steve Dra who specialize in these complex repaints will do it I'm sure.

I doubt we're going to do an AF1. Like you said, it's based on a 200 and I think what we may do is make a -8 livery of it since they've actually ordered -8 replacements for the VC-25As.

Coming within a few days.

I'm officially nominating John T, the community's awesome painter from that region, to tackle Dreaming. :Whistle:

She was never one I got excited about, and in fact I'm really a fan of basic liveries...I've been of the opinion that the 747's iconic shape alone was the art we should focus on, not the sometimes-outlandish billboards we slap on her.  (not saying Dreaming is outlandish, but she is....uhh...bright )

I won’t be painting right away as I will be on vacation away from my computer until next week, and I plan to enjoy the Queen as a pilot for a bit as well. 

When I start rolling primer’d 747s into my paint hangar, these are liveries I’m considering (not necessarily the order they’ll be done and not a comprehensive list)

TNT

KLM Cargo

Evergreen

Centurion

Air France Cargo

National

BA World Cargo

(Anyone seeing a freighter theme here?)

Flying Tigers

Singapore Cargo Mega Ark

A lot of these I’ve already painted on various models, so I won’t be starting from scratch, however that doesn’t always equate to an easy paint….just less initial up-front work. 

If that seems like a long list for a semi-retired painter (which I’ve been calling myself for years now, LoL), its only long if you think I’ll have them done in a week or two.  :wink:

Before I even start painting, I have to tweak the paintkit to convert some layers for the app I paint in, which is Paint Shop vs Photoshop. 

Just stay tuned to the screenshots forum for updates on anything in my paint hangar, and if a “repaint” thread gets started here I’ll announce in there as well.

This is a very exciting time for both simmers and painters…PMDG has given us a great plane to fly and paint…let’s not neglect to commend them at every opportunity.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks for the awesome paints guys, looking forward to the continuing flood of great schemes.  I am in the middle of a fictional Connie paint right now, but eventually I might tackle some purely fictional schemes for this queen.   Two queens demanding paint jobs, only so many painters and so little time lol.  

Cheers
TJ

I don't know if anyone has requested Jade Air Cargo yet, if not, I will, it was a very beautiful scheme.  Jade flew GE 400ERFs.

Jade_Cargo_Boeing_747-400_KvW.jpg

Atlas Air passenger model as in real life.  This should be easy to accomplish since there's already a 400-F Atlas livery.  Please.  :smile:

Maybe I missed it but I'm not seeing an unpainted or primer only(chromate green) version like we had with the T7. Hopefully someone will do this one.

Mark Adams, KPWM

Surprised the Emirates B747F livery isn't done. Could someone make it? Sky cargo :)

I have a dream: the most beatiful & colorful liveries for the Queen

1. Qantas Wunala Dreaming

2. Qantas Nalanji Dreaming
3. Qantas Formula 1
4. Qantas Rio Olympic Athletes
5. Catay Pacific Spirit of Hong Kong
6. Northwest World Plane
7. Malaysa Hibiscus
8. Singapore Tropical
9. Cargolux LX-VCM
10. ANA Pokemon

All amazing Repaints but i think not easy to do.

Regards from Germany
Julio

• Upvote 2

Glad to know that Corsair will be done! A plane registered F-HSEX can not be left aside ;p

I second the demand for a BAW Landor livery, as well as some World Tail or transition liveries?

Again, amazing job guys... Currently enjoying BAW269 to LAX!! :))

Cheers, Alex

Don't know if PMDG will do a KLM Cargo (probably will), but I have started mine PH-CKC (744ERF).

dX1IoW7.jpg

• Upvote 5

Mauricio Brentano

Don't know if PMDG will do a KLM Cargo (probably will), but I have started mine PH-CKC (744ERF).

I'll be doing one too, I'll do a different reg so our fellow simmers can have a few in their fleet. (As I said in a previous post, you can never have too many KLM paints!  :smile: )

I even have a special KLM Cargo paint planned.  :wink:

Yours is looking great so far Mauricio!

Atlas Air passenger model as in real life.  This should be easy to accomplish since there's already a 400-F Atlas livery.  Please. 

Hey Chuck....

Check here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503302-atlas-air-747-passenger-version-paint-request/?p=3565151

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Steve after you get through your long list of great paints, are you up one of those great colorful old Braniff liveries? :wink:  LOL if PMDG ever does a classic like a DC-8, the beautiful Braniff Calder scheme would have to be done for sure.

Braniff was always very colorful, if they were still around today, I bet their schemes would still be colorful, albeit using more modern colors instead of 70's Orange.  That might be kind of fun to use your artistic license, and interpret what a Braniff scheme would look like today.

Cheers

TJ

Hey Steve after you get through your long list of great paints, are you up one of those great colorful old Braniff liveries? :wink:  LOL if PMDG ever does a classic like a DC-8, the beautiful Braniff Calder scheme would have to be done for sure.

Cheers

TJ

Not sure TJ, one annoying aspect of this bird that hinders paint production is that I love flying her! (Crazy right?)

I did paint Big Orange on the POSKY -200 model years ago, and I recall even back then the biggest issue was finding quality reference material.

Even when we were painting on 1024x1024 maps, the photos we referenced were one's uploaded off physical photos (no digital cameras back then) and the quality was quite horrid.  :shok:

Fast forward to today when 1/3 of the fuse is on a 4096x4096 map and you can see where this is leading.  Anyway, we'd have to build the logos and fonts from scratch (unless someone knows of a source that has them already in vector format and excellent quality), so it would be a lot of work to get it right.

We'll see how it goes with the paint shop in the coming months as to where I am in production...you can blame PMDG for making such an outstanding bird to fly for the downturn in paint production.  :lol:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg