Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DF9AA

MD11 - Top secret

Hi,once again I ran through the 200+ pages performance...I found 50+ pages on landing distance - in all variations of runway condition... I know that the MD11 is critical on landings and much faster than the 747.Take-off performance seems to be TOP SECRET, what I don't understand.Not even some information about necessary runway length is available - today I planned a flight from Berlin to SFO, but I could not find ANY information about take-off distance and how much weight I can carry out of 9900ft runway - I finally did a take-off with 282 tons, but this was everything but safe!I really don't know what NDA (or so ) means - MD11 is no longer on sale! Even for the still alive 747-400 all the information is available!I must say, that the PMDG MD11 is not flyable ( safe and within limitations ) without this data!Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Karl-Heinz Wichmann - EDDI/THF "Tempelhof"

"The mother of all airports" - Sir Norman Foster

Now CLOSED - its a shame !

747400.jpg

Karl-Heinz: Not PMDG's fault... the data was not approved for release and they are faithful to the agreement. There is scuttlebutt that TOPCAT might come up with something soon. You might check that source on occasion.I still don't believe that Tempelhof is closing. Sad.

Dan Downs KCRP

This guy has some stuff that is useful for the problem, but not actually a solution to the problem: http://www.md-11.orgI've learned to use the MCDU/FMS to do the job, but it is very trial-and-error. Look for the dispatch example on that link I posted... very cool stuff.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi Dan,politics...Not only the history, but after opening of the new airport the capacity of available runways will be reduced from 5 to only two with a limit of 360.000 movements per year, which is much too few. Berlin is at the moment worldwide the ONLY city where the passengers figures are rising - slower than before but still rising...Back to the data: it is completely not to understand why these data are TOP SECRET - without these data it is only possible to take-off safely on runways 12000ft+ ...EDIT: What is "scuttlebutt"?Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

747400.jpg

scuttlebutt: the lowdown, the inside dope, the real deal, the word on the street, the rumour, etc.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Scuttlebutt:Slang Gossip: rumor. Nautical: A drinking fountain on a ship. A cask on a ship used to hold the day's supply of drinking water. Jim Harnes

This data should be available to real MD-11 pilots... What if we ask that to real MD-11 pilots?I don't understand why the top secret... maybe they have some kind of fear that i build my own MD-11... Stupid.Should we ask to real pilots??

Juan Ramos
Sorry for my bad english

I know a real world MD11 pilot - but even he gives the data to me, I will be not allowed to publish it here...Thanks for all the explanation... I never heard this word...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

747400.jpg

I did find some runway length charts in the following document on Boeing's web site:http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/md11.pdfKyleFS box: Q6600 (@ 3.24 GHz), ASUS P5E3 Premium, 4 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 (Cas 6-6-6-18-2T @ 1440 MHz), BFG 8800GTX 768, Soundblaster XFi Fatality, WD 300 GB 10000 rpm VelociRaptor (FSX), WD 150 GB 1000 rpm Raptor (FS9), Samsung Spinpoint F1 750 GB (OS/Apps), Silverstone TJ09 case, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 PSU, Vista Ultimate 64WideClient1: An old P4 with 1 GB ramWideClient2: Compaq Presario Laptophttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Kyle Broadbent

Main Sim PC: P3D v4.4, i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz (5.1 AVX), ASUS Maximus XI Hero, EVGA 1080 ti SC2, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (P3D & Orbx), Samsung 1TB 850 EVO (Games & FS Apps) and Samsung 2 TB HD (backups/temp storage), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, 2x Saitek Throttle Quads.

Client PC: Old beat up HP laptop driving old 24" Samsung monitor running Wide FS, Active Sky, Radar Contact, Air Hauler 2 and MyAAS

^^^^What he said. It's the best we've got at the moment, unless someone wants to run some accurate accelerate-stop tests?Best regards,Robin.

Thanks for this link...I was about 12 tons overweight on my T/O this morning.Still I don't understand why at least these charts will not be published by PMDG - these pages are free in the internet - they are not the best, but you can at least estimate some weights.Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

747400.jpg

>I must say, that the PMDG MD11 is not flyable ( safe and>within limitations ) without this data!I think it is a bit humorous exaggeration. In a flight simulator everything is "safe". As a matter of fact you can easily see for yourself whether the takeoff is "safe" or not. You can cut one engine at V1 and see if applying max brake you can stop on this runway. If you can then your takeoff is safe. This way you can even find out the true performance of this particular simulation rather then rely on manufacturer's data - who said that there will be a complete agreement between this product and true aircraft - this way you will know exactly what is SAFE for THIS simulation.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Michael J.

When I get the MD-11 (FS9) I'll cook up a performance file for UTOPIA, if someone hasn't already done it.Last file I did for the TinMouse using FAA runway limits (weight/conditions/length) worked perfectly.If you want to waste some time it's not hard to create derates with UTOPIA hint hint...Edited: My name is Tim!

Yes,and fuel does not cost anything...Karl-Heinz - EDDI/THF " Tempelhof "" The mother of all airports " - Sir Norman FosterWill be closed Oct30,2008 - its a shame !http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

747400.jpg

Berlin is at the moment worldwide the ONLY city where>the passengers figures are rising - slower than before but>still rising...I'm afraid that's just not correct. Passenger numbers at Warsaw Okecie (EPWA) are rising year by year faster than the airport can cope with.You may be aware of Warsaw. It's in Poland - the European Union country on your eastern border. ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now