Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Pmdg Goes..... Airbus

Ryan, I believe the 777 is the best choice, because of duplication of effort if you do a Airbus with the Airsimmer and AirlinerXP versions already in the works.A.J.
Whereas the Airsimmer team seems to be working on the product (they publish monthly updates), Airliner XP looks like a dead project since their last information is from 2007.

You guys do realize that the 777 fly-by-wire isn't the same thing as the Airbus's right? It doesn't have "laws" or any of that stuff where you have a computer interpreting the pilot input - in the 777 it's just using electronic impulses down wires instead of cables or hydraulic lines to get the inputs to the control surfaces. It's not like an A320, there's no autotrim or any of that stuff. That's not really something you can see in a simulator, it'll fly just like a regular plane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,we really need a short to mid-range jet!! I really love the 747 and I can

Just curious... why do so many of you guys want a 777 when the cockpit is basically functionally identical to the 744 aside from a few things like the center DU/checklist screen thing?
You guys do realize that the 777 fly-by-wire isn't the same thing as the Airbus's right? It doesn't have "laws" or any of that stuff where you have a computer interpreting the pilot input - in the 777 it's just using electronic impulses down wires instead of cables or hydraulic lines to get the inputs to the control surfaces. It's not like an A320, there's no autotrim or any of that stuff. That's not really something you can see in a simulator, it'll fly just like a regular plane.
Hi Ryan,For many airlines, the T7 is the successor of the 747. Lost of '74' routes are now more and more being flown by the 777.It is a highly advanced aircraft and the fact that the functionallity between the 744 and 777 is quite similar is in fact one of the beautiful things. I know that the 777 FBW is not of the same league of the Airbus' one, but it still flies like a charm.Basically what we (if I may speak for the appearant majority of posters in this topic) are trying to say, is that good A320 renditions are already being produced and given the expected qualities of those, you might want to focus more on something we still miss. The PSS 777 is available, but feels like it was never finished; the Wilco/FT 737PG is good but not great, CLS' A330/340 same (good not great).Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Guest Olivier

Hi,A great plane would be a Boeing 717 - we already have different MD80s from other companies, but a 717 would be nice - I believe it uses partly the same avionics as the MD11, so it would be easier to develop ;-)Happy flying,Olivier

Of course, hehe that's what makes the Airbus so special. I recently had a brief conversation with a retired Turkish Airlines captain. I asked him what he thought of the FBW system on the bus and what had been his favorite aircraft in his 30 or so year career. He said that all those computers made it very easy and comfortable to fly but he would pick the 727 (flight dynamics wise) anyday over the Airbus.

Guest fencer88

:(

Hi Ryan,Speaking of controls and control laws, I know it's a minor thing (and it may even seem stupid to some) but the thing that bothers me with the Airbuses is the side stick. With my yoke and throttle (VPP PRO USB/CH Quadrant) I can pretty well duplicate the position (if not the feel) of the controls and, together with other accessories and programs (track IR, active camera etc.) it really enhances the feeling of being there (immersion?). I am glad the NG 2.0 is first... That will give me time to consider (and save for) buying a side stick :( Bruno

Just curious... why do so many of you guys want a 777 when the cockpit is basically functionally identical to the 744 aside from a few things like the center DU/checklist screen thing?
If the cockpit is basically the same as the 744 then it should reduce the production time vastly for you guys :( Liam

Guest wazzawazza73

^^ Hahaha +1.If you're confident for an Airbus, do one that really hasn't been covered by anyone decently (don't say CLS0. The A340-500/600Greg Wintle

^^ Hahaha +1.If you're confident for an Airbus, do one that really hasn't been covered by anyone decently (don't say CLS0. The A340-500/600Greg Wintle
Hi Guys.Instead of Boeing and Airbus planes, as there is alot of choice out there to purchase,why dont we ask for something different like the Embraer 190 or 195.I know the 195 is Fly-By-Wire and has a range of about 2000NM,this would also give us a new FMC/Autopilot logic to learn.I think this maybe a good alternative for a new short to medium range jet rather than the A320.Tony

Guest pilotex2

Since Airsimmer is doing the Airbus family AND assuming that they get it right, I would love a 777 from PMDG because it's one of the more popular and modern aircrafts used today and oh those GE90's are just must-haves in FS!

Id say go with the Boeing 777-200 and -300.Airsimmer is close to the release of their A320 version, and before PMDG have released their NGX; Airsimmer will probabaly be close to the release of their A330 serie.

Hi Guys.Instead of Boeing and Airbus planes, as there is alot of choice out there to purchase,why dont we ask for something different like the Embraer 190 or 195.I know the 195 is Fly-By-Wire and has a range of about 2000NM,this would also give us a new FMC/Autopilot logic to learn.I think this maybe a good alternative for a new short to medium range jet rather than the A320.Tony
There is already a quite good 190/195 from Wilco/FeelThere. It's a bit better than their 737PG, which most people find very good (although I tend to find the autopilot a bit quirky..).
Why does it have to be a big airbus or a boeing?
I voted for the 777 in the other thread, but come to think of it, I have to agree with this. The FS skies are filled with a lot of good to very good Boeing and Airbus renditions, but there is ample room for a good:- CRJ- BAe146/RJ- E140/145- Dash8 (system-wise the Majestic is still very good, but the internal graphics and VC look like FS2000 era)Regards,Frank

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg