Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Pmdg Goes..... Airbus

I kinda enjoy the prospect of PMDG being a one stop shop for Boeing aircraft.... along with LevelD. And Airsimmer being the one stop shop for Airbuses....
Airsimmer is not even able to get out of the mud with their "basic" A320 for FS9.It'll take them until 2020 or so until they'll have a usable "advanced" A320 for FSX if they even actually manage to stay in business until then.It may sound harsh, but I'm not counting on Airsimmer to become a "one-stop-shop" for Airbus.Someone with the proven track record and experience of PMDG should actually look into making an A320.With Wilco's Airbus not really working well in FSX and Aerosoft's A320 being nice, but too basic and only offering the default FSX screwed-up FBW implementation, FSX Airbus pilots are currently left behind.

Dave P. Woycek

Airsimmer is not even able to get out of the mud with their "basic" A320 for FS9.It'll take them until 2020 or so until they'll have a usable "advanced" A320 for FSX if they even actually manage to stay in business until then.It may sound harsh, but I'm not counting on Airsimmer to become a "one-stop-shop" for Airbus.Someone with the proven track record and experience of PMDG should actually look into making an A320.With Wilco's Airbus not really working well in FSX and Aerosoft's A320 being nice, but too basic and only offering the default FSX screwed-up FBW implementation, FSX Airbus pilots are currently left behind.
Flight Sim Labs has that same track record and experience, and they are creating an Airbus.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

am i the only one who thinks that the A320 /A321 is ugly as hell? The 318 and 319 looks ok and i would buy that if there is one that you can actually use :) A340 would be great but yet another long hauler besides the 744, 748, md-11 and the upcoming 777 ...

While PMDG have never said they won't do an Airbus, I am quitely hoping now that Aerosoft have shown their hand, PMDG will put it back on the front burner. Of course I wish FlightSimLabs all success, but it is not correct to say they have a reputation as they only have one (admitedly very good) product to their name. Even Airsimmer had a better reputation before their fiasco.

I am sure I have posted this elsewhere, but I will post it here,I will be very disappointed if PMDG decideds to develop any Airbus planes before they attempt a Dreamliner. I would pay for any PMDG airplane as long as it is not an Airbus. I will buy 737 NGX, will buy the 777, would buy a Dreamliner if they go that route, would also buy a PMDG 767, but will in no way buy an Airbus addon.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I am sure I have posted this elsewhere, but I will post it here,I will be very disappointed if PMDG decideds to develop any Airbus planes before they attempt a Dreamliner. I would pay for any PMDG airplane as long as it is not an Airbus. I will buy 737 NGX, will buy the 777, would buy a Dreamliner if they go that route, would also buy a PMDG 767, but will in no way buy an Airbus addon.
Why? The Dreamliner doesn't exist and PMDG don't do fantasy.

We had something akin to FBW as far back as the original NG's CWS mode... The MD-11's LSAS system is pretty similar as well. We definitely know how to do it, that's not an issue.
Ok...so while your at it can you trough in an A330 as well? :PDavid DD

Why? The Dreamliner doesn't exist and PMDG don't do fantasy.
It does, it's just not in service yet :D

I'm a Boeing guy, but if PMDG is gonna make an Airbus they should pick a big one like the A340. The A320 is just an awkward looking plane, and its history is nothing compared to the legendary 737. I wanna see how a big FBW Airbus plane operates.

Umm, we did announce quite a while back that we intend to make an A320... There's been no official change in those plans after we make the new NG.
That's really good news !As I said when you originaly posted about the A320, it would perfectly fit into PMDG's approach to flightsim as I understand it :To deliver aircraft simulaions that will not only satisfy their clients' desires but also surprise them by introducing different conceptions of flying with the examples of the MD11 or the js41 (autoflying for the former ).As for the competition, in my opinion, no one is on the level of PMDG for the moment so this shouldn't be a concern.Let's only hope that airbus will be as cooperative as boeing seems to be with them.Three cheers to the team ! You made my day :(

Ryan, the reason I think people love the 777 (at least is my main reason) is just because it has the biggest engines in the market. Those GE90-115B are just HUGE!!! For reasons like this one, choosing your favorite airplane by the behavior of the fly-by-wire system is just like choosing your favorite song by analyzing the chords with critical hearing (I know you a musician Ryan, so share your opinion about this statement biggrin.gif).

I'm a Boeing guy, but if PMDG is gonna make an Airbus they should pick a big one like the A340. The A320 is just an awkward looking plane, and its history is nothing compared to the legendary 737. I wanna see how a big FBW Airbus plane operates.
To be more specific, I suggest the A340-600 HGW.

Umm, we did announce quite a while back that we intend to make an A320... There's been no official change in those plans after we make the new NG.
Since Ryan posted that almost 2 years ago, and PMDG has said they are going to do Dash-8 and 777 after the release of the NGX, I wonder if they still have plans to make an A320. With the Dash-8 and 777 in the pipeline it could be a year or two before they could get an Airbus to market.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Since Ryan posted that almost 2 years ago, and PMDG has said they are going to do Dash-8 and 777 after the release of the NGX, I wonder if they still have plans to make an A320. With the Dash-8 and 777 in the pipeline it could be a year or two before they could get an Airbus to market.
Between Flight Sim Labs, AirSimmers, Aerosoft, and CLS; do we really need another A320 series aircraft? I do not like airbus aircraft, but I would not mind seeing an A330 or A340 done by PMDG. If PMDG does make the A320, I hope they can simulate the Verticle Stabilizer falling off in mid flight. :( :(

737, 767, 747, ... I'm tired with Boeing ! The hardcore market needs a excellent, descent Airbus now.
I am still waiting for a hardcore 767...If PMDG comes out with a 767, I will buy it faster than I will the NGX. I would buy it three times for the 200, 300 ER, and the 400 ER.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I am still waiting for a hardcore 767...If PMDG comes out with a 767, I will buy it faster than I will the NGX. I would buy it three times for the 200, 300 ER, and the 400 ER.
I am pretty happy overall with the LDS 767, but if PMDG did a version I most certainly would buy it.I really wish they would do an MD-80. I know there is the CoolSky and Maddog version, but I would really like a PMDG version of this a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator