Sign in to follow this  
Johnny767

Pmdg Goes..... Airbus

Guest poschrob
Errr.... guys... not wanting to be a spoiler, but from a business point of view; do you think it's logical for PMDG to make the A320 family?Most of you will be (or should be B) ) aware of the Airsimmer project, which by the looks of the screenshots and all the postings on their forum will be right up there with the PMDG / Level-D aircraft. I admit we'll still have to wait and see, but the signs are very promissing... Should be released somewhere this year....Then there's also the AirlinerXP people also building on an A320, although nobody has heard from them in close to a year now, but according to some sources the project still very much alive. For now I put my A320 money on Airsimmer but I will not yet bury the AXP-hope I still have....So with at least 1 and hopefully 2 very-high-end A320 simulations; would it be wise for PMDG to start creating a third one?Personnally I would rather see they invest their time in a good Airbus widebody or better yet; a 777. :( B) :( :( Just my 2c.Regards,Frank
Agree. Although the final decision is totally up to PMDG which aircraft they are going to develop, but a poll would clearly show what the (potential) customer base would like to see coming.Rob

Like I said before its a T7 for me but anything wide body would be amazing.I don't think i can keep flying with the posky or wilco models any longer.Richy

Errr.... guys... not wanting to be a spoiler, but from a business point of view; do you think it's logical for PMDG to make the A320 family?I stand firm on my comment. I really think PMDG could get an A320 to FSX before the other guys.Willy

Sweet, PMDG Should produce A380. There the only team that creates splendorous aircraft ever known.-Vincent

Guest iflyc77

I think a T7 would be the best next too.Yesterday, I got a chance to fly a United A320 for 3 hours, and a B772 for about an hour and a half, and still liked the 777 way better, and of course, was much better flying it then the scarebus because of my PMDG 744 time. The sim instructor was very impressed!+1 For the T7

I must admit that I think the Airbus offers some advantages. Which ever one PMDG does first, it will take far less time for them to do the second and subsequent ones. Paul Smith.

Like most people, I'm also anxiously awaiting the FSX versions of the 737 and 320. I look at it this way....if I survived waiting for season 7 of "24", I can wait a bit longer for these new aircraft.Ron

Although I voted 777.. It is more about accurate replication of real world operations to me than what the aircraft is. I am more interested in fidelity, and accurate modelling of the real dynamics, avionics and so forth. As a consquence visual asthetics are very low on my priority list, and I was happy flying sims without even an outside model and a tiny window showing dots and dashes for the outside world, but with an accurately replicated avionics system.The MD-11 meets my requirements easily, the 747X does too (although I would love to see that range expanded to include the LCF etc), having seen PS1.3a I was already ahead with the 747 and it was fantastic to have a visual model as well as the avionics behind it, the MD-11 is the same but takes this one step further. The PMDG 737 is not an aircraft I own, and I am waiting for the NGX as I have plenty to chew on with the MD-11. I will buy whatever PMDG come out with next, because I know it is ACCURATE. whether it be Airbus A320, T7, or whatever. My one other requirement, is that I prefer to fly more modern aircraft with FMCs and glass cockpits, and I'm less interested in the details of older aircraft requiring flight engineers, but that is just me and my personal slant. So I'm just looking forward to seeing what they come out with next and whatever that may be I will be looking to purchase it.In short, it's not what it is, how good it looks, it's how accurate, realistic and well it's done that's important to me.Cheers guysCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Craig,I absolutely agree with everything you've said.Cheers,Balint Nagy

Me too, Craig.I don't have anything against modelling an older airliner, although I do prefer aircraft that are in service today. Plus, the workload for us is already enough as one pilot flying a two-crew glass cockpit airliner, let alone a three-crew airliner with an FE station!The PMDG visual models are great. Plus it's inside and also the VC that count for me. I don't do much flying from the VC, but you can get some awesome screenshots from it. The 744's VC is absolutely great.

Just curious... why do so many of you guys want a 777 when the cockpit is basically functionally identical to the 744 aside from a few things like the center DU/checklist screen thing?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Callmecapt

LOL Ryan.I would have thought it was obvious.The 777 flies further than the 747. (Not that most people fly extreme long haul)It's FBW and it was completely designed using computers.It's another PMDG production.It's BIG.It's WIDE.And we all HATE the PSS version.Why do rich people have a garage full of cars? I still have fond memories of my non stop flight in the PSS version from YSSY-EGLL and I was up the whole way sitting at my PC only taking bathroom breaks. I even ATE at the PC and I had Vatsim on as well. I made a few new friends who kept me going on different legs. And then I did the return trip a week later.Ryan, we just want a PMDG version. Heck, you guys could make a Car simulator for FSX and we'd still buy it.Goran

Just curious... why do so many of you guys want a 777 when the cockpit is basically functionally identical to the 744 aside from a few things like the center DU/checklist screen thing?
BC its the twipple seven

Ryan, I believe the 777 is the best choice, because of duplication of effort if you do a Airbus with the Airsimmer and AirlinerXP versions already in the works.It's a beautiful aircraft, very modern and in wide use today, and even has fly by wire (which I'm sure will be a challenge and separates it from the older 747x)I will buy whatever you produce, even if it is an airbus, but with the state of simulation business these days, we sure could use a 777, and I'll bet it will be a huge seller. Dare I say more people would prefer the T7 vs an md11, just for the fact that its so popular today in commercial routes.A.J.

Guest fencer88
(...) The PMDG 737 is not an aircraft I own, and I am waiting for the NGX as I have plenty to chew on with the MD-11. (....)My one other requirement, is that I prefer to fly more modern aircraft with FMCs and glass cockpits, and I'm less interested in the details of older aircraft requiring flight engineers, but that is just me and my personal slant. (...)Cheers guysCraig
Hi Craig,Same preferences here. I don't know how long it'll take PMDG to release the NG 2.0 (my guess : more than one year but it's only me...) and how long the MD-11 will keep you busy (probably long enough) but if you ever get bored with long haul, do consider the 737 NG (especially with FS2Crew). Although it has been around for a few years, it is still an AMAZING sim.Cheers,Bruno