Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Pmdg Md-11 For Fs2004 Released!

Thanks for fast reply, Ryan. I thought it was the update for the FSX version, :( ...Peter
We'll have that out shortly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just got back from work and the gym... Downloading MD & Purchased Manual Set. :( I'M SO HAPPY!!! THANKS PMDG ONCE AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!Jose Machado

Guest MikeSmith

no words can explain how great this aircraft is.. PMDG you just set the bar for FS products

Thankyou to the entire team at PMDG. You have outdone yourself once again with the MD11. Another award winning product released.Rob

Does the interior of the cockpit look as cartoonish as it does in the pictures?
To be honest, I've been asking myself a similar question. But since folks here are not complaining about that I believe it is a question of taste. So we must leave this as it is. Since this is all about graphics, 2D cockpits in the FS always look like they do in the screens (unless the later were taken in a bad way).For this reason I asked Dan to show me a screen of the 2D cockpit in the daytime. I wanted to see it because I'm not a VC flyer.EDIT: The 2D/VC matter made me think for a while and I'd like to share my thoughts here if you don't mind.My general impression (not only for PMDG) is that FS modelling is drifting into virtual cockpits.We can see it quite clearly on the PMDG aircraft evolution:- 737-600/700 - 2D (with wing views) or VC (not clickable)- 737-800/900 - 2D (with wing views) or VC (clickable)- 747-400(F) - 2D (no wing views anymore) or VC- MD-11 - 2D (no wing views) and VC togetherThis is a general trend. Now payware addons are seldom released without VC.And if they are, manufacturers are usually quickly begged to add VC in a SP, which they do (Maddog, DA Fokker).I do have TrackIR4, which makes VC flying a real experience. But I like it only in VFR flights (small GA planes) with little clicking and much looking around.In IFR heavy metal simulation, combined with operating systems, FMC typing, taking notes and communicating (VATSIM) it is not comfortable for me. So I use 2D. The reason I'm writing it is to add one voice showing that we 2D cockpit pilots are still alive! :( I wonder how you, folks, can operate everything in VC, feel relaxed and enjoy the flight. Is it me only being so clumsy?Best regards,RafalP.S. I hope future addon airliners will not have the VC-only option (there have already been such addons).

A combination of Hardware - Active camera (for preset views) Multi monitors for FMC Eicas etc and pause/reset buttons on my yoke for trackIR4 make the whole setup very smooth for me.I dont fly 2D at all but there is no harm in using a combination of both if your workload is heavy in VatsimRobPS sorry to side track but I will be downloading tonight on a 50meg connection could someone tell me roughly how long it takes to download the MD11? I assume with the rush things are quite slow?Rob

Rob Prest

John and Thomas, you're good to go.
That I am, thanks Ryan and all at PMDG.Looking at a few minor differences now (wont ask, just will read the forum lol) - and at last I am able to use some airports that aren't in holes lol.My heartfelt THANKS to all.John E :(

I assume with the rush things are quite slow?Rob
Not really, I had something like 350 kB/s and the download is 305 MB (I had purchased the combo) so that means approx 3 sec to download 1 MB or 900 seconds to get the whole file. It's not superfast but no slouch either. The FS9 only file is half of that size so half of the time too. Of course it also depends on your type of connection and the speed your ISP has to the "outside world".

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest 747lover

Hello downloaded the threeholer yesterday,but I am dissapointed of the :( framerates in 2d cockpit.They are excelent in virtual cockpit and spotplane view.Strange thing is that I have bad framerates in landing phase and not in take off and cruise.I am a little dissapointed, because I was promised it was to be more frame rate friendly than the other PMDG planes.With my 2,2 ghz AMD the queen of the skies and 737ng series from PMDG runs extremly smoothly,so I was a little suprized :( From times to times I have also troble loading the plane.I get black screens and a very undetailed VC.Strange because I have plenty of space on the harddisk so that is not the answer to the problems.

747 guy, possibly something went awry in the installation? Heck, I don't know...maybe it could be a GPU driver issue?I succumbed to the pressure today(via screenshots I saw on the FSPassengers forum) and bought this beautiful beast of an airplane for FS9...my wallet is now smoking a bit, but I am sure my purchase was well worth it :( I did get a chance to fly her around the pattern at KSEA and I really like the way she handles. The flight dynamics are outstanding, to say the least! I have another developer's MD-11 and it doesn't come close to the precise flight dynamics, advanced programming or VC quality as PMDG's. The outside eyecandy is comparable, however...that's it. At any rate, I'll be busy this evening installing every livery available. My next step is to get the FSX version, but I'm not in any hurry to start populating FSX with addons. You folks at PMDG are tops at what you do...BRAVO for another job well done! :(

Guest 747lover

Uninstalled it, then installed it a second time.Excellent frame rates in all areas except landing in 2d cockpit view were it looks like I am lacking 1GHZ .I am trying to land in VC view put it is difficult because I dont know excactly were the nose points and I have the axis indicator only in 2D cockpit. :(

Dear PMDG team,I bought the MD11 combo version (order 106495) and did not received an email nor have active download link in my account.Thanks for sending me a new linkCongratulations for this wonderful aircraft and best wishes for new year.Romain Boulanger.PS; I tried to send an email thru the "contact us" link after logging to my account on the web site. This causes an error on the web site.

Robert and Team:Thank you for another great product ! We wish you much success and may you continue to develop fantastic products.. and may your next product be.... Airbuses.. Oh! come on..try it... I know you guys can do it !!! :(Thanks,John Gonzalez

Hello, this add-on is the best of alls FS9 excellent job ! I see on differents forums a question wich had no answer: How to disable the virtual cockpit ? i not use this just a 2D panel. Why is not the same option than the 747 PMDG ?