Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

EZDok - simply the greatest add-on!

Are you 100% sure about re-enabling the HAT switch David? If I do that I get a shed load of 'glitches' when trying to use it.
Be sure to disable any and all keyboard controls for views under 'controls" in FSX. Otherwise, you will have conflicts (if that is what you meant by "glitches.").

Are you 100% sure about re-enabling the HAT switch David? If I do that I get a shed load of 'glitches' when trying to use it.
1000% sure Phil! :--)I'm using my hat switch with EZCA since day 1.You have to follow the instructions:1. In the FSX controllers setup menu disable the HAT-switch of the game controlleryou plan to use for view control, otherwise the assignments in FSX will interfere withEZCA and you will get erratic movement of the direction of sight. On the FSXOptions menu click Settings, then Controls. Click Button / Keys and select thegame controller of your choice from the list. Click Views on the Event categorymenu and delete Game controllers assignments from all the items that contain

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1000% sure Phil! :--)I'm using my hat switch with EZCA since day 1.You have to follow the instructions:1. In the FSX controllers setup menu disable the HAT-switch of the game controlleryou plan to use for view control, otherwise the assignments in FSX will interfere withEZCA and you will get erratic movement of the direction of sight. On the FSXOptions menu click Settings, then Controls. Click Button / Keys and select thegame controller of your choice from the list. Click Views on the Event categorymenu and delete Game controllers assignments from all the items that contain

Hi DavidI did EXACTLY as you posted, but now I get VERY strange HAT panning behaviour... When I pan, it's apparant that there are two separate actions taking place - the panning motion is very 'jerky'.If I again dissable the HAT switch in FSX settings, the panning motion is smooth again. The down side though, the HAT switch then only opperates in the horizontal plane when switching to 'outside fixed spot view'.I'm confused :(

Phil, did you disable the arrow keys and the 0,1,2,3 on you Num keypad?I also found that in my FSX keyboard control menu, the arrow keys showed as some Num key numbers. I went thru my keyboard controls menu and deleted any keyboard assignments that were also the same as the arrow key numbers. That could be why your getting the erratic panning movement.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My short opinion: don't like it (effects are neat but well...so-so, buggy change from VC to 2D panel, sometimes you can't return to 2D, this program implies you always use VC, sometimes external views not movable up-down, and some other weird things - yes I did read the manual and played with it couple of hours). Refunding over F1. I gave it a go though...Maybe, in the future, when it matures and finished profiles are available, will be better, but right now, price is too steep for me, having to set up everything by myself.

Hi DavidI did EXACTLY as you posted, but now I get VERY strange HAT panning behaviour... When I pan, it's apparant that there are two separate actions taking place - the panning motion is very 'jerky'.If I again dissable the HAT switch in FSX settings, the panning motion is smooth again. The down side though, the HAT switch then only opperates in the horizontal plane when switching to 'outside fixed spot view'.I'm confused :(
This has yet to be fixed--outside view has only horizontal panning. You should have horizontal and vertical panning in VC.

You have to disable the joystick only during the install process.Then you enable it again and use the hat switch normally.EZCA offers incredible effects and external views that you can't get assigning eyepoint viewpoints to joystick buttons or keys.Plus much more...IMO, it is indeed the best utility for FSX so far.
,Thanks for that. However perhaps you could clarify my other concern. I currently use a second joystick for managing eyepoint viewpoints within the VC (I use a CH yoke and pedals for flight control). There are four buttons on the joystick - three on the back and one on the front. These buttons are set up intuitively ie I use the centre back button to move the viewpoint forward, the left back button to move it left, the right back button to move right and the front button (usually assigned to the brakes) to move the viewpoint back. There is also throttle controller on the unit that has three buttons on the side and one on the front- I use the top side button to move the viewpoint up and the bottom side button to move it down. The remaining two buttons are assigned to other functions. To pan I use the joystick hat switch. I used the same arrangement with active camera in FS9 and it would be a show stopper for me if I had to revert to keyboard shortcuts to manage eyepoint viewpoints as seems to be implied in the EZDok user manual no matter what additional functionality EZDok offered.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I brought this one after all the hype about it but ended up uninstalling it.I like some of the features, but found it far to difficult to setup new cameras. The final straw for me was that you cannot seem to use the spot view in FSX with it installed. You can pan left and right, but not up and down, with the joystick hat. I went over to their support site and there was a discussion about fixing that in an upcoming version, so I'll wait until that comes out and the try to reinstall it.All I really wanted was Active Camera for FSX. That program was so simple to use. This seems like its just trying to do a little to much for me. Just my 2c.Cheers,James Browner

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I brought this one after all the hype about it but ended up uninstalling it.I like some of the features, but found it far to difficult to setup new cameras. The final straw for me was that you cannot seem to use the spot view in FSX with it installed. You can pan left and right, but not up and down, with the joystick hat. I went over to their support site and there was a discussion about fixing that in an upcoming version, so I'll wait until that comes out and the try to reinstall it.All I really wanted was Active Camera for FSX. That program was so simple to use. This seems like its just trying to do a little to much for me. Just my 2c.Cheers,James Browner
For me setting up the cameras is the easy part. Getting the effects exactly the way I want is the hard part and has consumed most of my time setting up. I still have no idea how to use the generators and all the adjustments that are inside. Each generator has like 10 or 15 different adjustments that we still have no documentation on how to adjust. Plus we still need to be able to have the ability to assign the joystick buttons to move the eye point up, down,left , and right. I feel that the product was maybe released just a tad premature without enough instructions in the user manual on how to tune all the effects.All that being said, I am still really happy I got it because once you finally do get the cameras and effects tuned to the way you want its hard to beat and now I cant fly without it. I never had Active Camera for FS9 so I cant compare, but I do wish that the EZCA UI was a little more simple to use. One thing about EZCA though, is that even though it is still a little rough around the edges as far as instructions, the customer service is excellent. Marniftarr answers all the questions in a timely manner and has even gone as far as to set up some effects files for me to download and use in one of my planes that I was struggling to get takeoff and landing roll effects set the way I wanted.I have a feeling that over the next few months more documentation will emerge telling us how to fine tune it and more features will be added to the UI to let us assign more buttons and have more control over the view. In the mean time I will continue to enjoy.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No, because utilities are a completely different ballgame than graphical scenery, where textures and other data make up for the bulk of the filesize and not the programming. If anything, bigger filesizes in the realm of utilities usually mean bloated and poorly optimized coding. So, less is more in that area. Again: judging the price by the filesize is absolutely pointless for tools/utilities. The thing that matters is how powerful they are.
Now if you want to talk about expensive addons, how about all of FTX Australia for $164?? That is some bucks for one continent, much of which doesn't have a lot of custom scenery. Nice work of course, but that is getting extreme to me and I doubt the frenzy can possibly last in this economy. I did buy Aux Blue and PNW, and as much as I like it, it's hit a pricing wall for me.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I didn't disable or enable just left it as it was and it works fine. Never had a problem with it.

Hi All!I will try to explain some nuances and pricing EZCA.EZCA is non-standard addon which uses on 90 % not documentary possibilities FSX and simconnect. In the majority we do not use FSX SDK because the poor instruction set of the browse simconnect will not allow to make even 50 % of possibilities EZCA. If we guided only SDK and operation would be smooth and simple that the price 35$ for EZCA would be big. It is impossible to compare EZCA with graphics addons. As graphics addons become exclusively within the limits of SDK, it is simple and easy, where all operations are in detail described. The developer graphics addon has no non-standard and supernumerary situations as them имем we. Unique work of developers graphics addons is a draw, draw and draw... ONLY!...EZCA is physics, mathematics, an aesthetics, uniqueness idea and very big work on integration EZCA in FSX because SDK and simconnect has no information for fast and convenient integration of our ideas with FSX. Any new feature in EZCA demands from developers of complex research and testing which far is beyond SDK.EZCA never will be ideal and to meet the requirements of any because this addition and without involvement of developers FSX many ideas are not realised!EZCA permanently develops. Now realised only 1/4 part of ideas. The others 3/4 ideas pass test. It is period - 1 year. Probably only next year we realise 4/4 ideas. The make all ideas at once in non-standard addition which not described in SDK - it is impossible.Now we made some cardinal improvements in this version and add unique features which didn't meet anywhere earlier.1. Add support CTRL, SHIFT, CTRL+SHIFT keys combination.2. Add support multiple joystick (up to 3) 3. You can move POV with joystick buttons.4. When you select built in FSX views, you can move POV in "Spot-View" normally. The all "built in FSX" views support now. 5. We add emulate MMbutton with keyboard hot key and joystick button. This feature have "toggle" and "hold"modes. 6. The HAT-Switch in any joystick can translate to additional joystick buttons. You can use HAT as button now. 7. HAT-switch at every joystick have 2 mode. Detailed:Mode1 - HAT switch can use as panoramic deviceMode 2 - HAT switch can use as additional joy-buttons.You can assignment any joy-button (hat-shift) for switch between those modes. When you hold "hat-shift" button , you can panningwith hat-switch , when release "hat-shift" you can use hat-switch as button for call cameras. This mode have "invert" checkbox for invert "hat-shift" Wait 1.14 version.