Sign in to follow this  
byork

How many of you are regularily using the Video Marshaller?

G'day Bryan,I don't use the Video Marshaller. The reason I don't use it is that I use FSX in full screen mode only. Flicking over to windowed mode to use the Video Marshaller and then back again to full screen mode disrupts my flow too much so I manage the GPU and chocks manually via PMDG's ramp manager.It's a nice concept however it's not for me unfortunately.Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Yea same reason here i dont use windowed view if were able to use in full mode i be using it all the time hope that there be a work around to solve this issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yea same reason here i dont use windowed view if were able to use in full mode i be using it all the time hope that there be a work around to solve this issue
There is no work-around I'm afraid.It's just a quirk of FSX.It affects not only me, but numerous other FSX add-on programs that operate the same way.In FS9, however, it's no issue.But there's no JS41 for FS9...

Similar to those above, I'm not using the video marshaller because it's just not worth having to leave fullscreen mode to me.

Eric Szczesniak

I was a long time hold out running fsx in full screen only until you asked why. After thinking about it, I couldn't think of a good reason.I am using the marshaller and I like it.Dave

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I use it every flight. I'm used to run in window-mode since I run Radar Contact :)-Jonas Jensen

Bryan, I use it on most every flight I make with the J41. I start with windowed mode all the way thru to the push. I switch to full screen after I have waved off the ground handler, it is pretty quick on my system with no disruption. On arrival I switch to windowed mode at gate arrival, set brakes, switch to windowed mode and have the ground handler put in chocks and connect the ground power unit. Then if I do a turn, I leave it in windowed mode again till I wave off the marshaller. Works very smoothly on my system. It is too bad it can't work in full screen but switching modes twice during a complete flight is quite acceptable to me.ThanksJoe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Guest JamesDickerson

I don't use it very much yet. I have TripleHeadToGo over 3 screens so I need to run windowed mode anyway, it's just that I find the add on awkward to use. I would probably like it better if the animation was incorporated in to the actual aircraft window. I do find the voice commander the absolute best add on I could have ever bought in a long line of addons that I have.FSX3X24" Monitors, 1X19"PMDG 747,MD-11,J41FS2CREW-747,MD-11,VC(J41)REX, VROUTE,NAVIGRAPH,TRACKIR5,FTX,XPAX,DISPATCH PLANNER X,SB3FLYTAMPA SCENERIESSAITEK- YOKE,THROTTLES(2),PEDALSVRINSIGHT EFIS/MCP/COM PANELSAVCOMM HEADSET etc....

Fullscreen here too..Plus while it's a cool concept, a video of a marshaller kinda kills the immersion IMHO. Would be cool if we could get a decent looking little animated fella' in the sim... but we're not quite there yet. Either way it's still an innovation, and a nice stab at something missing from our simulated world!

Window mode all the time so he gets to wave to me.How did I manage to fly the JS41 before FS2 Crew arrived? :( Cheers

Trevor Golding

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I use it every time. I'm a bit put off by the fact that rampers in the US don't wear all of that over-the-top reflective stuff that Europe seems to adore, so he seems a bit out of place on this side of the pond. But I think its a neat addition, and it simulates an integral aspect of real operations that no other product accurately addresses.

I use it every time. I'm a bit put off by the fact that rampers in the US don't wear all of that over-the-top reflective stuff that Europe seems to adore, so he seems a bit out of place on this side of the pond. But I think its a neat addition, and it simulates an integral aspect of real operations that no other product accurately addresses.
The ramper in the Video Marshaller is German...If anyone here can get similar video showing a US ramper, that'd be great, but obtaining such video is tough.

Bryan,Ping my ACP Joe. He is a ramper and on the maintenance crew for Delta here in the US. Send me a private email and I will give you his email address. Joe did the cover shots for the Maddog box if you recall.Joe P.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg