Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

Their 767 is still a terrific add on. I still fly it. It was amazing back in the day and still is one of the best add ons for FSX. Sure the graphics are somewhat outdated, and more recently developed add ons have surpassed it, but it will forever remain a legend in the flight simming world.

What always struck me as incredible is that the 757 is 90% the same as the 767. When they announced it, I was sure it would take no more than 2 years MAX. Seriously, its almost a copy and paste job. The systems are all there in the 767. Make a new exterior, modify a couple of systems that are different, and modify performance data. It should not this long EVEN IF THEY WERE BUILDING FROM SCRATCH. This is like PMDG making the 737-8/900NGX and saying they are working on the 6/700 models and then not coming out with them for 10 years.

Still dunno what to think of level D. Went from one of the most respected developers to the butt of a joke.

I think you are wrong on this. Their product and the release of the winglet version of the 767 (FOR FREE!!!!) certainly isn't a butt of a joke. I think you need to make your own 757 or just be quiet. Put up, or shut up, as the saying goes.

Idioms & Phrases

put up or shut up

Act on what you are saying or stop talking about it, as in You've been citing evidence for months butnever presented it mdash.gifnow put up or shut up This somewhat impolite term, often put as a command, isbelieved to come from gambling, in which a card player is told to ante up or withdraw. A second theorymaintains that it means either put up your fists to fight or back down. [1870s] Also see put one's money where one's mouth is.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/put+up+or+shut+up

For What it's worth, not much I would assume but I believe the 757 will come. I check in from time to time. It'll come, just be cool

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

"Blessed are those that believe and have not seen!" B)

When was my last post, 2, 3 years ago?

So who is still here that I remember?

Cheers

Hello Bill,

I have been waiting with anticipation since the project was announced all those years ago, I still believe the 757 from level-d is on it's way. 

Has the development increased of late or is it the same pace as before.

Do you see any positive news from level-d regarding the 757 during the last half of 2013?

Anyway, still patiently waiting ad believing

Peter

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Hello Bill,

I have been waiting with anticipation since the project was announced all those years ago, I still believe the 757 from level-d is on it's way. 

Has the development increased of late or is it the same pace as before.

Do you see any positive news from level-d regarding the 757 during the last half of 2013?

Anyway, still patiently waiting ad believing

Peter

Unfortunally, I'm under a NDA, so ... B)

• Upvote 1

Unfortunally, I'm under a NDA, so

For 8 years...?  Haha ... long long time, Sir. ;-)

spacer.png

Hi Bill,

Nice to see you.  My son Ryan and I met you at the AVSIM fancon back in 2007 in Seattle... woah how time flys!!  You and the guy's gave Ryan a signed 767 Pilot's Guide.  Well, he's all grown up and is proudly serving in the Royal Canadian Air Force now.  Just as Daniel said above I will be supporting Level D by purchasing any sim that is released by you folks.

Take care, nice to see you around.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Bill,

Nice to see you.  My son Ryan and I met you at the AVSIM fancon back in 2007 in Seattle... woah how time flys!!  You and the guy's gave Ryan a signed 767 Pilot's Guide.  Well, he's all grown up and is proudly serving in the Royal Canadian Air Force now.  Just as Daniel said above I will be supporting Level D by purchasing any sim that is released by you folks.

Take care, nice to see you around.

Robert

Hi Robert!

I remember that! Ryan is a bright kid and I hope he serve use well here in Canada! What an honour to be involved in his future life.

What vocation is he following if I may ask? Bill

Yes Chris, 8 years is a long time.

Hi Bill,

Yes he was definitely influenced by the goings-on at the FANCON by all the motivated individuals he met there .  Ryan qualified as a Meteorological Technician and is planning on attending university to complete a degree so he can obtain his commission as an officer.  Here is the last pic I received of Ryan receiving his Met Tech trade badge, I'm very proud of his achievements.

Met_Tech_zps3934fe76.jpg  

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Bill,

Yes he was definitely influenced by the goings-on at the FANCON by all the motivated individuals he met there .  Ryan qualified as a Meteorological Technician and is planning on attending university to complete a degree so he can obtain his commission as an officer.  Here is the last pic I received of Ryan receiving his Met Tech trade badge, I'm very proud of his achievements.

Met_Tech_zps3934fe76.jpg  

Loving it!!! Tell Ryan hello from all the staff at LevelD! :0) Stay safe Ryan!

Will do Bill, I'll pass on the message.  Take care.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Their 767 is still a terrific add on. I still fly it. It was amazing back in the day and still is one of the best add ons for FSX. Sure the graphics are somewhat outdated, and more recently developed add ons have surpassed it, but it will forever remain a legend in the flight simming world.

I totally agree. The 767 was great and system wise, it still is.

I did a flight with it the other day and I couldn't wait for it to end. The systems are great, but it's just way too dated. Looking forward to their 757 if one is in fact, being developed. I just hope it's a modern day version of what the 767 was 7 or 8 years ago.