Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

I wish Level D would announce they aren't making a 757 anymore that way PMDG can step in and make it. I heard that PMDG has some history with Level D and doesn't want to make a 757 out of respect to Level D or something like that which is all good but when its been dead for like 4 years I think its ok to step in. I just want a good 757 that has a pretty VC and realistic systems.

• Upvote 1

Samuel Scully

I'd say PMDG has enough on their plate to keep them busy at least a few more years. I still think LevelD is the best chance for a 757...

I don't like it either, but if their method of developing includes not showing previews, that's their choice. Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Also, since it's not a full-time job for them, it makes sense that it would take quite a bit longer for them to get around to finishing an add-on.

Im inclined to think that Daryl might just drop it on this community out of the blue with no previews. Would be a nice face slap to all the naysayers....

• Upvote 2

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

After nearly a decade, I don't think anyone can blame the naysayers....just saying. -_-

• Upvote 1

Unlike other development teams, Level-D Simulations is a seriously PART-TIME concern. Wade, Laurent and Pedro (the principal developers) have growing families and full-time jobs outside of the FS world.Family and work come first. Let me explain WHAT has happened...When the 757 project was announced in 2005, FSX was not yet released. When FSX was released, the 757 was put on hold and the 767 for FS9 was sent into development for upgrade to FSX. 3 updates (and a small EHSI patch) for the 767 for FSX were delievered. The price to upgrade from the FS9 version was just $14.95.Once Wade and Laurent and Pedro got their mits on FSX, they realized that going back to FS9 and the 757 would have to wait. Of course, ACES shut down, and now FSX is the final version of the FS franchise (at least for now). With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;)The team are working on the 757, but no dates or progress reports are forthcoming until Wade, Laurent or Pedro say so.Rest assured, a 757 from Level-D Simulations will fly.

Daryl, thank you for the update.  Personally I like it just having the updates spread out, like you do, just every once in a while.  That way I forget about the whole thing and am pleasantly surprised when the announcement is made that it has just been released.

We have plenty of first class simulations, like the NGX, 777 and Q400, to keep us deeply immersed, while waiting for the LevelD 757.

Daryl, thank you for the update.  Personally I like it just having the updates spread out, like you do, just every once in a while.  That way I forget about the whole thing and am pleasantly surprised when the announcement is made that it has just been released.

We have plenty of first class simulations, like the NGX, 777 and Q400, to keep us deeply immersed, while waiting for the LevelD 757.

You do know that update is 3 years old?

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Does Level-D actually exist anymore. they made one airplane that was a classic and then basically disappeared. What a shame.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

Does Level-D actually exist anymore. they made one airplane that was a classic and then basically disappeared. What a shame.

Yeah they still exist, but as Daryl stated, it's a part-time business and people involved have busy lives outside FS / Level-D.

Now if that means the 757 will ever be released.... No one knows except for the few insiders who are keeping their mouths shut.

Personally I still have some hope left and due to some very vague remarks done by few who possibly could know (so that's very vague.... right?) I'm a very tiny little bit hopefull it will be released before the end of this year.

But again.... I don't dare to hold my breath....

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Do you think we will ever see it in P3Dv2? Just joking!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I fly for BAVirtual, and they`ve phased out the 757 fleet, so I wont be buying it now.

Taken too long.

Same. The 757 is no longer relevant IMHO.

spacer.png

Then I guess United and American are irrelevant too in YHMO, since a majority of their

us to Europe flights feature 752's.

Dan Cole

Dan Cole

Then I guess United and American are irrelevant too in YHMO, since a majority of their

us to Europe flights feature 752's.

Dan Cole

They're being retired slowly in favor of NGes/MAXes and A321s though. I will be surprised if there's still a ton of 757s in use 5 years from now in the US.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

They're being retired slowly in favor of NGes/MAXes and A321s though. I will be surprised if there's still a ton of 757s in use 5 years from now in the US.

Given that FedEx is buying a lot up and UPS still has their fleet.  I think it'll be a bit.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries