Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

B)

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

B)

I'm not impressed by this model, first, the cockpit just seems off. The overhead layout, doesn't look like any configuration I've ever seen on a 757, and Ramzees still insist passengers board from the right side of the aircraft.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm not impressed by this model, first, the cockpit just seems off. The overhead layout, doesn't look like any configuration I've ever seen on a 757, and Ramzees still insist passengers board from the right side of the aircraft.

+1

I feel xplane is more of a visual environments thing, meaning there are no highly simulated planes or physically accurate models for xplane. my opinion, deal with it xplane fans.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

OK... you are entitled to your opinions, yes...

So enjoy your Level D 757, if it ever comes out. 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Well what did you expect coming into a forum for an FSX plane....

The title of this thread interested me, and then I see it's over 3 years old. :(

Oh well, keep plugging away cause we need a good, new 757.

When will they just admit that it isn't coming?

Excellent question.  Not really worth waiting for any longer regardless.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Someone said they'd release this year. Doubt it since where doing into q4 and not even a single screenshot has been taken of the plane besides that 2d panel shot, that was what 4,5 years ago??

If they need another couple of years, they should tell us instead of keeping us questioning the product's arrival.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

The 767 is a great product in some ascpects and is (now) a failure in others. Lets take a look at it, shall we?

The 767 (for FS2004 anyway) was released in early 2005 (February IIRC). People were enthralled by it, they loved it. For 2005, it had state of the art graphics and a very immersive systems simulation. Even an accurate FMC was there, everything from the Cargo Heat to the Fire Handles worked almost flawlessly. It was a definite 5-star product of 2005 and was for some time after, with continued development for years after. Now, entering the last quarter of 2013, the graphics, especially the VC, are now very outdated and most definitely in need of refinement. Zinertek released an update for Level-D's VC textures last year and it helps some, but there are still some important detailings missing and the VC just isn't immersive anymore. The systems simulation is still pretty great and the 2D panels will suffice for some of us who don't like the VC anymore, but we would all like to see what Level-D brings as far as improvement goes, which brings me to the 757...

Just months after the 767 was out, Level-D announced a 757 project for real (there had been plenty of speculation). People were once again excited because they would finally get an accurate 757 for FS9 and, soon after, FSX. Years passed with no news, updates, info, screenshots, anything. In that time two competitors took the market, Captain Sim first, and more recently, QW. CS was fantastic with the visuals, but the systems failed miserably as far as realism goes. QW came IIRC in 2010 with their 757 and, though not as complex, was far better as far as systems than CS. Today, I believe, there are more QWs on peoples Computers than CSs, but only by a margin. I personally tried them both and disliked them both, but QW was definitely better than CS. Now here we are, nearing 8 years since the FS9 757 was announced, still with nothing more than 'It's Coming' from a rather sarcastic sounding Dev-team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure their tired of questions asking when and how much longer and blah blah blah, but it only took about 2 years to make the 767. I know people have their own real lives to live and can't focus on FS all day every day, I know that as well, but I too have waited a long time. I don't want to sound like I feel entitled to screenshots or info, updates, or anything more than the 767 I rightfully bought from them and currently still fly every now and then. But I'm sure we all here want something, 'It's Coming' has settled some, like myself, but not everyone. Perhaps a projection (nothing official) on a release date, even very vaguely, would help to settle others. We've waited a long time and are only complaining because we want to see just how good Level-D has gotten.

• Upvote 4

FS2004 Forever

I'm wondering if maybe they did in fact at one point have a 757 almost done, but one that was of similar quality to the 767. As time went on and the likes of the NGX were coming out, maybe they had to go back and bring it up to 'modern' FS standards. They have been working on this thing part-time since what - 2006? FS has come quite a long way since then. So I'm sure they've had to make a lot of adjustments along the way.

It took PMDG three years to make the NGX, and they had a team of people working something like 14+ hours a day on it at some points. IIRC the LVLD team do this "on the side".

QW came IIRC in 2010 with their 757 and, though not as complex, was far better as far as systems than CS.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

They should change their name to Level D Simula...

:huh:

What? We all know they don't finish sh1t.