Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

Will probably see the PMDG 744 v2 released before the LDS 757 in all honesty.

We will probably see an Airbus PMDG bird before the LDS 757 is released, in all honesty. LOL ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

This is good reason for developers to keep silent on projects, this acrft  has been in development for, I can't even recall. LD made a good 767 but I think it is time to move on and forget this project.

I'm not even all that perturbed anymore. The 757 was a must for me upon my return to flight simming, but QW's 757 has a decent enough fidelity for me to at least do line flights. It's my go to "relaxation" airplane when I don't want to bother with all the systems and just fly; a perfect role for my favorite plane.

But you also have to know that Level-D has some other (more important) stuff to do than doing FS addons. I'd love to see a Level-D 757 though!

I can imagine that plans can change over the years due to fast changing developments in the flightsim world.

With PMDG raising the bar with each release (at least, let's hope so) it may be difficult to catch up with that, especially when you've been at the forefront yourself once.

I have been flying the LD767 again lately and i must say that it is still a terrific add-on, even today. Even though it cannot match today's standards in terms of high res 3d cockpit textures, the overall feel of the VC is still acceptable because back then, it was ahead of its time. LevelD should be very proud of their 767 simulation.

I could accept a 757 simulation made by Level D even if it didn't meet today's eye-candy standards as long as it would offer the same or improved quality of the 767 product.

Perhaps not in eye-candy but in other aspects.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I believe the Level D 757 is coming out this year.

Not taking anything off Daryl. It's just what he has said recently in another forum.

I say... at least three years from now.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Not taking anything off Daryl. It's just what he has said recently in another forum.

Where?

Unlikely and, even if so, will it still be relevant...?

spacer.png

I believe it was on the official Level-D forums where he recently said it is 2/3 of the way complete - which means another 2-3 years away.

PMDG recently said that they won't do a 757 while Level-D is actively working on theirs.  Can Level-D just do us all a favor and not release theirs, so at least we get a PMDG 757 in the amount of time it would take Level-D to finish 25% of theirs anyway? ^_^

Unlikely and, even if so, will it still be relevant...?

What do you mean by 'relevant'?  FSX isn't going anywhere and the only thing that could possibly need updating would be the aircraft textures.

I believe it was on the official Level-D forums where he recently said it is 2/3 of the way complete - which means another 2-3 years away.

PMDG recently said that they won't do a 757 while Level-D is actively working on theirs. Can Level-D just do us all a favor and not release theirs, so at least we get a PMDG 757 in the amount of time it would take Level-D to finish 25% of theirs anyway? ^_^

What do you mean by 'relevant'? FSX isn't going anywhere and the only thing that could possibly need updating would be the aircraft textures.

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?/topic/407412-Level-D-767---would-you-still-rate-it-in-2013?

They aren't giving anyone a release date but there were some issues of life that held up development.

I'm going to say that if it isn't released this year I will be surprised. I ink its ready and the hint that development has neared completion is telling also.

Their 767 is still a terrific add on. I still fly it. It was amazing back in the day and still is one of the best add ons for FSX. Sure the graphics are somewhat outdated, and more recently developed add ons have surpassed it, but it will forever remain a legend in the flight simming world.

What always struck me as incredible is that the 757 is 90% the same as the 767. When they announced it, I was sure it would take no more than 2 years MAX. Seriously, its almost a copy and paste job. The systems are all there in the 767. Make a new exterior, modify a couple of systems that are different, and modify performance data. It should not this long EVEN IF THEY WERE BUILDING FROM SCRATCH. This is like PMDG making the 737-8/900NGX and saying they are working on the 6/700 models and then not coming out with them for 10 years.

Still dunno what to think of level D. Went from one of the most respected developers to the butt of a joke.

Their 767 is still a terrific add on. I still fly it. It was amazing back in the day and still is one of the best add ons for FSX. Sure the graphics are somewhat outdated, and more recently developed add ons have surpassed it, but it will forever remain a legend in the flight simming world.

What always struck me as incredible is that the 757 is 90% the same as the 767. When they announced it, I was sure it would take no more than 2 years MAX. Seriously, its almost a copy and paste job. The systems are all there in the 767. Make a new exterior, modify a couple of systems that are different, and modify performance data. It should not this long EVEN IF THEY WERE BUILDING FROM SCRATCH. This is like PMDG making the 737-8/900NGX and saying they are working on the 6/700 models and then not coming out with them for 10 years.

Still dunno what to think of level D. Went from one of the most respected developers to the butt of a joke.

Well, you said you were amazed back then so that means that if it just were, as you try to put it, a simple copy and paste job you wouldn't be amazed anymore with a new product.

because it would be just a copy paste job meaning nothing new.

NO,

you want to be amazed again or else you will not buy anything again from them, The developers know this and start projects with all sorts of ambitious new ideas and improvements. Maybe with things you do not realize yourself at this point in time. who knows?

I would certainly love to see how all of a sudden, out of nothing, LDS comes up with a message saying, oh by the way, the 757 is out now. you can get it here.

About the same time the PMDG T7 comes out that would be a laugh.  

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

They aren't giving anyone a release date but there were some issues of life that held up development.

What a prison sentence lol,

What a prison sentence lol,

I don't know what you are talking about.

If I want to fly an accurate 757 with excellent frames I have got FS9 with the PSS 757. It is an awesome product. With a virtual cockpit and true to life FMC. What more could I ask for?

I also have the Level D 767 for both sims. I have enough. But when it comes out I will buy it because I definitely want to support the Level D developers. I'll also enjoy flying the aircraft but my life isn't revolving around that.

If anyone here is only going to be happy when their lives are perfect, well they are going to live very sad lives indeed. Yes, prison can be a way of describing the lives of those who determine ONLY to be happy when they have 100FPS with 25 addons, a hurricane exactly modeled in FSX, and each house, tree and person accurately modelled in their FS just like in real life. Give me a break!

They will go to the grave unhappy and deceived. Nothing will be perfect on this planet, and until they understand that, will they enjoy their lives? Logically I don't see how.