Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

What plane(s) do you never tire of?

What I actually fly and what I thought I liked best are not the same.no F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18.Just 4 default and 2 add-ons are currently over a hundred hours eachbut my Acelleration install is just a few weeks old...

Plane                HoursPitts Biplane	        951.5Ultralight trike	759.5Beech Baron	        248.1Beech Baron Turbo	168.9Cessna C172	        117.5Piper J3	        103.6

Ask me again next year; I'll bet it's not much different.Loyd

VRS SuperBugIt has more detailed graphics, more system depth and a more challenging flight model than anything else in my hanger.Mind you, the L-39 and the RAS Duke are great too...Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

For me, the RealAir Duke, the Carenado C185F, and the Aerosoft BeaverX

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

LevelD 767 is my plane with the most time. You can do both short hauls and long hauls, and the systems depth is outstanding! For instance, I like to do Delta or American short hauls in the US, and British Airways or Air Canada transatlantic trips, and I appreciate proper planning with real world routes from FlightAware and using TOPCAT to prepare for Derated takeoffs and proper fuel/weight loading.I have gotten a bit bored with using it so much these part few months that I have reinstalled the PMDG MD-11. It's nice to see a full featured VC (all buttons, including radios, work in VC) and the FMS is VC enabled as well. I can live with the leveld not having 3d buttons on most of the VC, but those two things (VC radio pedestal and FMC) I really miss, their absence is very noticeable in a FSX plane in this day and age, but I understand the 767 was born from the pre VC FS9 era.I am hoping that after the LevelD 757 they also do a proper "V2" of the 767!The real event will be when the PMDG 737 is released, I am sure all the heavy flyers are going to forget about all their other a/c for months.

Like to amend that performancewise the PMDG 747 is a good one when going with the 8i extension, which of course adds some dollars on the bill. They tuned the outside quite good and gained some fps there.The VC stays the same and looks outdated. I found the Captain Sim to do best in Boeing optics and they even have more switches to play with as in the glory PMDG (e. g. the ones left of the PFD for your alternate instrument sources: movable and working on the Captain Sim, not on the PMDG).Looking at the VC pedestal and radios of the PMDG just reminds my of the gold old days of texture "sharpness". Luckily they're gone on most other addons around.Again: They earned some money with their latest 8i and Cargo extension for the 747 and let VC and of course flight dynamics completely untouched. Can't blame them to not having stated these facts but it's far away from being precise like they used to be.As some of you always mention this Level D 757: Where's the progress reported towards this project? Seems like some sort of running gag to me, like the VC for the DA Fokker. No offense, just interest.lliaudais, you've flown 760 hours in that trike? :( Jeeeezzz, I thought that they implemented this thing just to get loaded before a real aircraft. LOL.gifIsn't it amazing how this single game called "Flight Simulator" fits to the various needs of its users?

I like the MD11 from PMDG, which is so complex that flying it is always exciting. And the somewhat dated Flight 1 C172, being that I have quite some actual time in this bird.Bruce.

FSX: Carenado Caravan and PMDG J41FS9: iFly 737 Series

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

RealAir DukePMDG J4100Aerosoft CheyenneWaiting for a Cessna 310 for FSX.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Guest Napster

GA: Carenado C152Airliners: Captain Sim's 767

Waiting for a Cessna 310 for FSX.
This one?http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=41579

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |