Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Orbx and PMDG...

Guest acezboy561

Quoted straight from the CEO of orbx himself, John Venema...

In 2011 you're going to see Orbx and PMDG work together on product launches. We're excited as a team to be working with the PMDG guys and you'll hear more about this joint initiative soon!
Maybe an aircraft?? :(

Maybe. Hard to say at this point, but I read that post over on the ORBX forum myself a little while ago as well.Like you I am interested to see what they are going to do.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Maybe a new flightsimulator??? Big%20Grin.gif

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big%20Grin.giftongue.gif
Well,that ought to kick off an 83 page thread full of guessing and speculation!

NAX669.png

Well,that ought to kick off an 83 page thread full of guessing and speculation!
Let's give it a kick start then, shall we? :PHow about: Complete ground handling for PMDG planes at Orbx airports utilising their new People Flow feature?

It's a bit of a riddle but he means they are working jointly together on the Flight product release! PMDG is supplying some of the default aircraft and Orbx is working on the textures and autogen.Flight will be amazing!

Matthew S

Now wouldn't that be great! If you've guessed correctly, I'll buy Flight for you lol.

My goodness, by the end of this thread (two months from now), the following will be known: Nothing.However the rest will be speculated and embraced by some of those who where tin-foil hats under their pilot's headset;John Venema and Ryan Maziarz are really from Alpha Centauri's second planet.PMDG's next plane after the Dash-8 will be a GA (Gasp! Nail%20Biting.gif)Orbx's next scenery will have everything simulated and calculated by PMDG, even the rate of pine-needle and leaf falling of evergreens and trees respectively will be simulated.Utilizing PMDG's robust sneaker composition wear-tool, Orbx's People-Flow will incorporate possible failures in foot wear, causing potential backups and issues on the tarmac and in the terminal.Just a few ideas...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

At least we know what the "mystery product" hinted at a few months ago is!

Joe Sherrill

What ever it is I'm sure it will set the bar higher.I just hope that ORBX doesn't pick up PMDG's habits. I like the fact that ORBX keeps their fans/customers informed with lots of updates on a regular basis.

Have you guys seen the ORBX Lancair? With releasing that aircraft they have proofed that they can't only develop sceneries. And the graphics on the Lancair are really great, so it might be that they are working togeather with PMDG in the 777 project. As far as I can remember someone from PMDG (not sure who :( ) said that they would use many of the tecniques used in the NGX also for the 777. With that the systemdevelopment on the T7 shouldn't take that long. So maybe ORBX is going to do the VC for the 777 and PMDG just the systems and so we can see the T7 already next year equipped with a ORBX cockpit LOL.gif .Yes, i know i should stop dreaming, but at least it's a nice dream :( But a new sim would be also great. And if they would be also working togeather with the REX and the Radar Contact developers they would have everything togeather what they would need for a great new sim and they could send microsoft to hell with their buggy products about "Flightsimulation" as they call it :(

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I doubt very much that ORBX is going to be working on the 777. With the new NGX "platform" nearly finished, I think PMDG will be fully capable of finishing 777 themselves by the end of 2011. I think this has more to do with the secret project they have been mentioning.Note also that this John Venema guy says that they are going to "work together on product launches". This does not necessarily mean that they are working together on a specific product :(