Sign in to follow this  
kjng

an AA mode that's worth a try

This is quite possibly the most amazing visual improvement that I have seen in FSX, but it only works in clear skies. My frames drop considerably when one cloud pops up in the sky. I too have reverted back to 16x CSAA for the moment. It is near the quality of this setting, but it provides a much needed increase in performance with weather and clouds. I will continue following this thread if someone finds a fix for this issue with the weather and this setting (I hope someone does [crosses fingers]). Thanks,Kevin Burns

I like your 16x CSAA, Kevin: the setting in the subject brings on stutters, and I'm not prepared to go mucking about all over again (since the days of the P3 and an 8800) - to get rid of them. I is schmoooze... :Peace: Thanks NickN, Thanks Bojote, Thanks Intel and Microsoft!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I agree that this AA is the best I've seen, but it drops my fps by ~30% for the settings I use in the locations I've tried with realistic weather. In some places where I'm pegged at my locked 35 fps it drops to 25, and places where I'm at 25 it drops to 18 or less. Not worth the hit IMO, so I'll live with 8xS and its less than perfection. What is interesting is that it does not max my GPU nor its RAM. Thanks for sharing this though, it is top rate!
In some places I even go as low for a short time to 18 FPS, but with a pre-render setting of '3'...it is all very enjoyable. After seeing FTX scenery with this setting, I would rather throw the whole system out the door...than be forced back to anything less then this!!!It is simply superb. The scenery is so clear...that even cars on cul-de-sacs parked on the street look EXACTLY like cars..and not a few 'square looking' pixels. This A.A setting simply brings home virtual reality when flying over advanced scenery. Like I said, I'll gladly drop to 18...even 15 to see VFR such as what this A.A. setting puts out. Trust me...this is no 'minor' FPS statement! It is that fantastic....... You feel that you are flying now over absolutely and convincingly.... REAL world renderings....I won't part with this virtual-clarity in having to trade a few FPS here and there! No way.....Mitch'er

I can't see that if it is not ticked in FSX how you can override it as there is nothing to override? I could be wrong??
I have read somewhere that it is suggested to turn this off when using NVinspector. Anyway, when turned on, there is NO difference, plus my screen turn black for a pretty short period (Th2Go, 5040x1050) from time to time, so it have to be disabled.I will start a topic in appropriate forum, I do not want to mess up here.

Can you please try again, but setting Anisotropic filtering to application controlled?That allowed me to increase my AA level with no performance hit and no IQ loss
This is correct. Image quality is excellent and the performance hit on my 285GTX is not noticeable with this mode.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

This is correct. Image quality is excellent and the performance hit on my 285GTX is not noticeable with this mode.
Thanks for trying it Scott. So you don't see any more blurs with AF set to App controlled as opposed to 16x in Inspector? I definitely don't, but some seem to do

I don't see any blurs. The image quality is really nice. I also don't see the usual artifacts in some of the payware cockpits that one would normally see. Things are crisp. I have not tried an MD-11 flight from KDEN to KSEA yet with this mode. I will try that next.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I don't see any blurs. The image quality is really nice. I also don't see the usual artifacts in some of the payware cockpits that one would normally see. Things are crisp. I have not tried an MD-11 flight from KDEN to KSEA yet with this mode. I will try that next.
Interesting, so I'm not alone then. Just one more question please Scott: does this AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 work in windowed mode for you? It only works in full screen mode here

Interesting, so I'm not alone then. Just one more question please Scott: does this AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 work in windowed mode for you? It only works in full screen mode here
I got it working in windowed mode. Make sure the AA mode is set to "Override any application setting" and then make sure the setting is set to 64X... Once you are done, press apply changes at the top right. It worked for me.

Hi gentlemen,Where can I find the FRAMES PRE-RENDER LIMIT to edit ?Jimmy

Well...my two cents...This is the best AA setting I have ever used. It makes FSX scenery look literally photo-realistic! From 2000 feet, you can make out the cross-braces and metal members of electric towers as clear as anything that could be seen in real life. No blurries right out to the horizon.One thing though...I had the FRAMES PRE-RENDER LIMIT set to '0' because of another setting I was using. This caused chunk and choppiness in turns and when panning after going to this new A.A. I put this setting back to '3' and after loading up the same flight scenario, I had the fluidity back again that I had had with the AA setting prior to using this recommended one.This one is a keeper...but put back the Pre-Render in the Nvidia Inspector GLOBAL to a setting of '3'. You'll get back your smoothness.Thank you, O.P. a very good tip worth 'visual GOLD'!Cheers! Post Edit: Oh...this setting looks great in FS9 as well!

Intel® Core™ i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 4.7GHz), 2TB Patriot ViperVP4100 NVMe M.2 SSD , 3TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD, 64GB DDR4/3000MHz Quad ChMemory, EVGA GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ FTW3 HYDRO COPPER GAMING 8GB GDDR6 (Custom Water Block), Samsung QLED 32”, Windows 98😀

Hi folks,I experimented a bit with NVidia Inspector and found a mode that's not very common but has an astonishing effect on visual quality.It's called "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12" and it's definitely worth a try over the common 8SQ. It's soooooo smooth, I love it!
Strange, I don't have this value on my nvidiaInspector. I use version 1.9.55 and I have "16x[16x CSAA (4 color + 12 cv samples)]. It's the same?

Strange, I don't have this value on my nvidiaInspector. I use version 1.9.55 and I have "16x[16x CSAA (4 color + 12 cv samples)]. It's the same?
I had the same problem finding the setting until I realized that I had the little "funnel" icon selected. When your cursor flys over it the full name, "Show the settings and values from CustomSettingName file only." appears.Make sure that is NOT selected and see if the setting "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12" shows up in "Antialiasing - Setting"

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

I had the same problem finding the setting until I realized that I had the little "funnel" icon selected. When your cursor flys over it the full name, "Show the settings and values from CustomSettingName file only." appears.Make sure that is NOT selected and see if the setting "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12" shows up in "Antialiasing - Setting"
Thank you.

Hi folks,I experimented a bit with NVidia Inspector and found a mode that's not very common but has an astonishing effect on visual quality.It's called "AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12" and it's definitely worth a try over the common 8SQ. It's soooooo smooth, I love it!
Logical because your bumping up the AA wayyyyyy up lol most systems the FPS hit will be hard and down the drain ;-)

André