Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Ifly 737 fsx

I have Orbx PNW so I will try to do a video on monday there.

the Ifly webpage has a new tab for FSX now!! it was not there 6 hours ago. On the main site where you click on products it used to just say Fs2004 but now its listed FSX too. they are upto something hehe.
The manual has been released on the public forum...DJ

LOL. I have a feeling PMDG and iFly are gonna release simultaneously...

Thanks for your videos, Jeremy. You show how it's done, with that fps counter visible all the time, so everybody can see how well the thing runs and don't has to ask for any relative fps statements.Looking forward for more upcoming videos of yours. The iFly looks like a nice performer so far. What system are you running there?

LOL. I have a feeling PMDG and iFly are gonna release simultaneously...
Well, PMDG has 30 days (after the iFly release) to come out since the 30 day trial allows the money to changeover then (with one or two days of detour to land on the bank account again), so they still can grab the one title only buyer's money. I'm not hoping that people act like this though, because both products may deserve to be bought then. At least, that's what I'm planning here.It wouldn't be fair to abuse that nice trial policy that way. That's my viewpoint there.

Anyone know if the iFly version has the "Lotus" style landing lights? I checked the iFly forums screen shots and didn't see any pics that showed such, although I did see one shot at night parked at the gate, but the nav lights weren't glowing on the tarmac.How about HUGS, is that available on the iFly version also? I haven't seen any shots showing that yet.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

well the fs9 version has a HUGS but its a bit more basic than what PMDG are doing. I dont know about ifly fsx but the fs9 HUGS is not even Collimated which makes it usless if you have track IR because you cant move your head otherwise it wont line up with the runway anymore . I dont know if they have made any improvements for FSX but would like to see some pics. I understand the HUGS is not a main selling point as they are still rare to see but I DO know the PMDG Hugs will be fully collimated and will allow for head movement caused by Track IR ect

Thanks for the HU on the available manual. Looks like a nice read while cruising with another plane.And for the HUGS, maybe we can request a panel merge. Just%20Kidding.gifI'm missing nice VC raindrops on both, a weather radar too. The PMDG (from the screens) seems to have a terrain display (and the nice HUGS) though but I still wonder about her fps then, that may be a decision maker for some of us.

Thanks for the HU on the available manual. Looks like a nice read while cruising with another plane.And for the HUGS, maybe we can request a panel merge. Just%20Kidding.gifI'm missing nice VC raindrops on both, a weather radar too. The PMDG (from the screens) seems to have a terrain display (and the nice HUGS) though but I still wonder about her fps then, that may be a decision maker for some of us.
ye same here. If the PMDG 737 runs as well as there MD-11 I will be happy and I like the idea of having so much choice =) PS I just asked on their forum and within 5 mins they responded! they say they will make improvements to the HUGs system in a feature pack later on.

If we all pay these opportunities (means buying both), we also support the devs going into that "dangerous" regime of offering the bird while another company already has it running.I just saw that the iFly has a failure generator too (I don't have FS9, so please accept my missing knowledge there). I thought that this would be a PMDG item only (regarding the 737). Nice and welcome surprise!

The IFly FSX BBJs will have the HGS.The name of the system is the HGS, not the HUGS; it is an acronym for Head-up Guidance System (note the hyphen in that). And no, this is not me being pedantic, HGS is a registered trade mark of Rockwell Collins, and that's what they always call it:http://www.rockwellcollins.com/~/media/Files/Unsecure/Products/Product%20Brochures/Displays/Head%20up%20displays/HGS%20Data%20Sheet.aspxAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks, Alan, I was wondering about all those hugs lately. :biggrin:Good example of the wrong thing being used so often that it looks right. I was a fan of "HUD", but automatically adapted to "HUGS". :blush:However, lets call it "that fancy display thing" from now on.

or just call it the magic glass"We have found minor issues and fixing them at the moment. It is more likely to be tomorrow, sorry." from them =)

or just call it the magic glass
Yeah, I think it is used to hold back any foreign objects from the windscreen it the Captain has to perform a 'no free hand sneeze'. The checklist recommends that the FO does the cleaning then. Now you know why they all want to be Captains.

Incidentally, for those who haven't got the iFly or the Ariane NG, both of which have a non collimated displays, is is still fairly useful even when like that. Sure it doesn't always overlay the runway unless your eyepoint is in the right place, but all the other info does allow you to keep looking out of the window, thus it is good for staying on the centreline on take off, staying level on rotation in a crosswind, or laying off on a clear departure or approach, so don't feel too cheated, after all, there are quite a few NGs that don't have an HGS at all.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The IFly FSX BBJs will have the HGS.The name of the system is the HGS, not the HUGS; it is an acronym for Head-up Guidance System (note the hyphen in that). And no, this is not me being pedantic, HGS is a registered trade mark of Rockwell Collins, and that's what they always call it:http://www.rockwellcollins.com/~/media/Files/Unsecure/Products/Product%20Brochures/Displays/Head%20up%20displays/HGS%20Data%20Sheet.aspxAl
Thanks for that bit of info Al. It's good to know exactly what that thing is called because I have seen if refered to on the PMDG forum as a HUG or HUGS, but am glad to know that its actually HGS.Still wondering if anyone knows about the landing lights on the iFly.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator