Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Ifly 737 fsx

I'm buying both. I own all PMDG heavies + JS41. If iFly comes after PMDG then some may have to reconsider buying but if iFly comes first then I guess more will definately buy it then the following PMDG version. It may come down to pricing - those that want an involving experience with lots of systems implemented and a cheaper price will go for iFly whereas those that want the extra systems/details (whatever they are) and are prepared to pay more for those will get PMDG. (Thats assuming there is a big difference in price) For those undecided just bear in mind that the iFly will come via Flight1 so the 30 day refund policy applies whereas, unfortunately, PMDG doesn't. Therefore it would probably be advisible to try the iFly first - guessing here though that if it runs crap on your system then expect the PMDG to run worse (due to amount of processing required - not bad coding!)Theres little point speculating about which is better on frame rates etc until they are both out.Another advantage they both is have they are coming with an SDK so hardware/software can be written/used to interact with both aircraft. This, for me, is a big plus as I would have only bought the one aircraft that had the SDK.Also I was one of those that noticed the April 8th release date and was hoping it really would be here today!

I'm a fan of PMDG and I own PMDG's J41 and MD-11 for FSX and their 737 and B1900 for FS9. However, if the iFly's frame rates are significantly better than the frame rates for the NGX, I'll probably get the iFly. From all the rave reviews of the IFly, I think it will have enough system depth and options to make me happy and I suspect it will be better value for money (in terms of the price per variant in the package). While I like where PMDG went graphically with the J41, for a turboprop with less systems I think the frame rate performance is pretty ordinary. I have some reservations about where the NGX frame rates will end up, and I doubt that it will perform as well as the MD-11 in that regard.
It will be interesting to see how the performance ends up in NGX once they are completely finished. One thing that I do like about the NGX same as with the JS4100, is that you can use the control panel to adjust your refresh rates, tune the model, and make adjustments to suit your computer to get the performance you want. I dont know enough about the iFly version to know if it comes with a control panel where you can turn off the copilots PFD or adjust refresh rates and things like that. I did see a VC pic of the iFly version posted in their forum yesterday, while it looks pretty good, I compared it to some of the VC pics that were posted on the PMDG section of the forum and also on their Facebook site, and so far I like the looks of the PMDG VC better. I can't wait until both are out and we start getting some performance comparisions between the two from people that own both. Although it probably wont make a difference to me if the PMDG comes out first since I will probably buy it the day its released anyways. I typically dont buy new addons the day they were released since I like to see what bugs or problems people start reporting, but I think I will make an exception this time, provided their servers dont crash.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's simple logic. If you want as close to he real thing as it gets, you will wait for the PMDG. Not too hard to figure out.

It's simple logic. If you want as close to he real thing as it gets, you will wait for the PMDG. Not too hard to figure out.
After acquiring the iFly 737 for FS9 and watching them in action for the last several months, the choices we're going to have on a 737NG for FSX don't look so clear-cut at all. iFly is making an impressive run with the 737...PMDG isn't going to be able to sit on their laurels.I'll probably end up with both. But for people that have less than cutting-edge PCs, or those that prefer 2D widescreen panels over a VC-only model, or those that appreciate unparalleled and near-instantly responsive customer service (and being able to work with the developer without a hint of snottiness), iFly looks to have a leg up on PMDG.W/r/t "snottiness," one example is this post, where the lead dog at PMDG has told customers, whose expectations were set by previous PMDG announcements of a product in 2010, to essentially "call someone who cares." Slipping release dates are a fact of life, but I'm hoping that iFly will take a big enough bite out of PMDG's backside to level the playing field once again and make this sort of overt arrogance towards customers unfashionably bad for business.NGX Final Release Date Announced!!Bottom line, competition is a good thing, and for those that haven't yet experienced iFly's high quality work, they are proving--in both deeds and words--to be some serious competition.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Bob. I can understand a bit if PMDG gets "on edge" aboutsilke things. Heck I would too after reading the whining and complaining of some of the posters. I agree competition is healthy to a point. That point being an example of Jetsgo Airlines. Just read up on them. The owner is a complete jacka** and ruined the lives of many. You mentioned about VC only. PMDG is doing a 2D as well for the NGX. But I was just saying that if you want the most realistic, by far, PMDG will be the way to go.

After acquiring the iFly 737 for FS9 and watching them in action for the last several months, the choices we're going to have on a 737NG for FSX don't look so clear-cut at all. iFly is making an impressive run with the 737...PMDG isn't going to be able to sit on their laurels.I'll probably end up with both. But for people that have less than cutting-edge PCs, or those that prefer 2D widescreen panels over a VC-only model, or those that appreciate unparalleled and near-instantly responsive customer service (and being able to work with the developer without a hint of snottiness), iFly looks to have a leg up on PMDG.W/r/t "snottiness," one example is this post, where the lead dog at PMDG has told customers, whose expectations were set by previous PMDG announcements of a product in 2010, to essentially "call someone who cares." Slipping release dates are a fact of life, but I'm hoping that iFly will take a big enough bite out of PMDG's backside to level the playing field once again and make this sort of overt arrogance towards customers unfashionably bad for business.NGX Final Release Date Announced!!Bottom line, competition is a good thing, and for those that haven't yet experienced iFly's high quality work, they are proving--in both deeds and words--to be some serious competition.RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

+1 to that Bob, the arrogance, and that's what it is, displayed by some members of the PMDG team is astounding and judging by a number of recent comments on other forums I'm not the only one with that opinion. I am expecting the iFly 737 to be quite impressive based on the feedback that I have seen on the FS9 version; their approach to customer service is also quite refreshing.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

+1 to that Bob, the arrogance, and that's what it is, displayed by some members of the PMDG team is astounding and judging by a number of recent comments on other forums I'm not the only one with that opinion.
You can't have it all can you.PMDG is known for developing good addons not because they are marketing geniuses.Vic

Careful, mod deleted other thread because people talked bad about pmdg. Apparently negative talk about them is forbidden.

Eric 

Most people don't realize it's a win-win situation for us simmers. I love it!

Careful, mod deleted other thread because people talked bad about pmdg. Apparently negative talk about them is forbidden.
:( yes that was rather obvious.Having said that there are mods here that aren't PMDG.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's a shame the entire thread was deleted instead of just the offending posts. It's a little like doing surgery with a chainsaw. :(

NAX669.png

... There is no good short range jet between regionals and the 757
There's the Maddog. Its really good, but it does of course have its issues, with its sub-par VC graphics and performance

With regard to there being no short range jets about: The Simcheck A300 is a short range jet that is very good. Yes I know it is a big bugger and can go a long way too, but one of the A300's original design criteria it had to meet, was that the aircraft had to be economical on short range European flights, so it is indeed a short range jet.If you don't mind old bangers or more unusual aircraft, there is the Sky Simulations DC-9 (which is great, and good value too), and rather a lot of more modern DC-9 MD derivatives from several developers such as Flight 1 and CLS to name a couple. Some of these don't simulate every single screw in the cockpit, but they are worth a look.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

A while back I started a thread rating developers based on my personal criteria. It promptly got locked as soon as my 'rating' of PMDG was questioned and the fans started in. Your post Bob gives a hint as to why their rating was lower than others, thanks for pointing it out. It aint always about just the plane :( I will be checking out Ifly now, based on this thread.

Jay

A while back I started a thread rating developers based on my personal criteria. It promptly got locked as soon as my 'rating' of PMDG was questioned and the fans started in. Your post
Wasn't it locked because it was your personal (and completely subjective) opinion?

Ian R Tyldesley