Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Ifly 737 fsx

It's so funny that a in thread about the IFly 737, there're almost more post bashing PMDG than talking about IFly. Bob, I don't know where you heard that the NGX would be virtual cockpit only with no 2D panels cause it's not true and has been a well known thing for long, or that PMDG's customer service is bad: they have a ticket system that works great. You have a problem, submit a ticket and it will be taken care of in no time, they have even helped people there with their computers with issues not related to PMDG software installations, or personally given advise on how to pick the right parts for an optimal FSX computer build The performance thing is pure speculation. If I was to speculate, I would say that I'm confident that the more experienced company will be able to produce a much more optimized software than someone with zero FSX releases, but we simply don't know so it's not a valid argument for one or the other.I for one will wait for the proven PMDG quality.

Seems like the iFly activities triggered some increased rate of news on the competitors side. Oh, pure coincidence of course. :( What was I thinking? Maybe that competition actually helps a business and the customers involved, at both devs.Doing justice to both would mean buying both, a good idea indeed. Planning to do so, regardless of the release date.I'm exited about the iFly way of service and support though, only heard praises there so far. I don't have any product of them in my hangar so far and Chock's statements really increased the heat for getting one.The nice thing about the iFly was already pointed out, you can test her for 30 days in full. So that's a no-brainer for me.
I just hope that this competition, doesn't force a premature release of either/both projects, before they've been fully tested and debugged.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Seems like the iFly activities triggered some increased rate of news on the competitors side. Oh, pure coincidence of course. :( What was I thinking? Maybe that competition actually helps a business and the customers involved, at both devs.
DELETED.

I don't think it is going to be long now - interesting to see others lifting their cone of silence in response.Anyway, really looking forward to this release.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I'm guessing we might get it this weekend, but I could of course be wrong on that.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm guessing we might get it this weekend, but I could of course be wrong on that.Al
I will say that since the IFly is published by flight one, if they do drop the ball at least I know that I could get a no hassle 30 day money back guarantee. Although I haven't had to use it once yet so that speaks volumes for Flight One and their publishing requirements :( The PMDG will no doubt be great as well, but just taking a chance on performace and will await reviews regarding performace, etc.

The heat already is in the plasma range, but this week already gave me some great new toys, so I can stand it. :(

Yup, I've got the Bear Studios J-10, the Aerosoft Dimona H-36 Motor Glider and Diamond Katana, plus the Wilco Harrier all as impressive new airborne toys to play with, so I can stand the wait for the iFly 737, although I am certainly keen to see what they've done in comparison to the FS9 version. And after that little onslaught on my bank balance, the small cost of acquiring the FSX iFly 737 is going to be amongst the most welcome features LOL.Al

Alan Bradbury

Yeah, sometimes hard to concentrate on just one nice plane since there are so many of them and the scenery side offers the same status too.But do we complain about plenty of opportunities then? No, only the mentioned bank account does from time to time. Black%20Eye.gifLooking forward to the iFly 737 though.

I will say that since the IFly is published by flight one, if they do drop the ball at least I know that I could get a no hassle 30 day money back guarantee. Although I haven't had to use it once yet so that speaks volumes for Flight One and their publishing requirements :( The PMDG will no doubt be great as well, but just taking a chance on performace and will await reviews regarding performace, etc.
+1 on the 30 day guarantee - I'll definitely buy the iFly model on release - the PMDG I will wait for reviews and most likely the first service pack.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

+1 on the 30 day guarantee - I'll definitely buy the iFly model on release - the PMDG I will wait for reviews and most likely the first service pack.
I might get the iFly and wait for the rock solid pmdg version on disc. It may give me a chance to totally proficient so that I can simulate emergencies when pmdg releases their physical media version.It just depends on which developer releases first...

supporter.jpg

my credit card is ready and waiting for the first one that comes out!!. I will get both in the end as I have had no real issues with any PMDG product and they make great quality aircraft. The iFly looks awsome too and im looking forward to the FSX version (i dont have fs9 installed and neither do I plan to install it)Having 2 quality 737s come out around the same time is fantastic for us customers.

just out of intrest anyone know if the price of the FSX version will be the same as fs9?thanks

Yup, apparently so, or of course you get the reduced price if you already have the FS9 one.Al

Alan Bradbury

The heat already is in the plasma range, but this week already gave me some great new toys, so I can stand it. :(
I just had a shed load of work dumped on me, so as long as it's out by next Wednesday, I'm good.Hope I don't jinx it for everyone. :(