Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Ifly 737 fsx

Wasn't it locked because it was your personal (and completely subjective) opinion?
So you lock a thread because he expresses his opinion ?

There are many threads that start out with decent intentions and then devolve into anarchy. Much like this one is about to.

Careful, mod deleted other thread because people talked bad about pmdg. Apparently negative talk about them is forbidden.
That's completly wrong.The thread highlighting the iFly 737 screenshots was getting hijacked by people who were using it to sidestep PMDG's forums in order to have a pop at them.So, if this new thread provides an alternative location for people to slag off PMDG, we'll close it again.If you want to voice your opinion about an issue you have with PMDG, start a thread about it and keep it civil, it won't be deleted.Am I clear enough?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

:( yes that was rather obvious.Having said that there are mods here that aren't PMDG.
Lol... None of us "is" PMDG.PMDG is hosted by Avsim like lot of other companies we appreciate for their great work, but we are not linked directly or indirectly with any of these companies.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Err i have no 'mod powers' whatsoever my friend...I think that the chap in question wrote a website listing various flight sim addon companies and rating them based on his subjective opinion of dealings HE has personally had with them.Nothing wrong with that as such, but i don't think that you could call it gospel. For example, i have had nothing but positive dealings with fs addon companies. While i share everyones fustration with the endless delays at PMDG, posting ad-nauseum about it as some people do achieves nothing other than annoying the people working on the release!

Ian R Tyldesley

The thread highlighting the iFly 737 screenshots was getting hijacked by people who were using it to sidestep PMDG's forums in order to have a pop at them.
Unfortunately you've just reinforced what someone in this thread has said because when a thread ends up "popping" other developers, you don't lock it. ie..Areane, Captain Sim, and lately FSDT comes to mind. This is just my personal observation. I don't have a horse in this race. biggrin.gif

Getting back to topic, as of yesterday (Sat, 7 May) a release candidate for the iFly 737NG for FSX is out and in the hands of their beta testers and a select few winners of a charity drawing. I don't think we'll have to wait too much longer now. Based on my experience with the FS9 version of the iFly NG, this looks like it is going to be a good one.CheersBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yeah it's going to be a hard choice, i don't want two 737-NG's and after looking at the iFly one, i'm not convinced that i need the level of detail that PMDG are offering. I guess which ever one is out first gets my cash.But then i start changing my mind... :(

Ian R Tyldesley

Hi Guys,I too will be purchasing the iFly 737 when its released, for an upgrade price of $15.00 who can resist. As far as PMDG, I will probably purchase that one as well, it really depends on how good the iFly 737 is and if it gives me realistic system/sub system simulation. If it does, then I will not purchase the PMDG 737NGX.Guess it's good that the cheaper of the two is going to be released first.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Guys,I too will be purchasing the iFly 737 when its released, for an upgrade price of $15.00 who can resist. As far an PMDG, I will probably purchase that one as well, it really depends on how good the iFly 737 is and if it gives me realistic system/sub system simulation. If it does, then I will not purchase the PMDG 737NGX.Time will tell.
Same here.I will prob get both :(

Unfortunately you've just reinforced what someone in this thread has said because when a thread ends up "popping" other developers, you don't lock it. ie..Areane, Captain Sim, and lately FSDT comes to mind. This is just my personal observation. I don't have a horse in this race. biggrin.gif
That's not true at all. Here's what actually happened on the thread I started about the iFly 737's screenshots:I created the thread in order to point out that there were some screenshots of the FSX version up, and to perhaps invite comments about it. That happened for two days in a good-natured way, but then people started using that thread to steer around locks and deletions in the PMDG forum, thinking it would enable them to post nasty comments about stuff without fear of PMDG's forum moderators being able to control or moderate such comments. It was in fact me (who, don't forget started that thread) that actually alerted the main Avsim moderators to take a look at it because of the comments that were being put up. I did not want to close down my own thread (even if I could have done so), but when people cynically use something to circumvent a forum moderator, then that is not in the spirit of either Avsim, good manners, or what I intended the thread to be about.This does not mean I think that PMDG (or any other developer for that matter) can never put a foot wrong, but that thread was not the place to comment about such opinions, yet people did so, and what is more it was it done without much civility either. Both those reasons meant that it contravened Avsim's forum rules. It was nothing to do with moderating opinions, merely language and nastiness.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Back on the subject at hand, a post on the iFly forum from a dev made a little while ago seems to be hinting that the iFly FSX 737 might show up for release this week.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow! Getting excited all over again biggrin.gif I'm gonna get it for FSX. I mean, why not? For the upgrade price of $15,00, who can resist? Seems like a great little plane. Of course I'll also get the PMDG 737 whenever it arrives, and when that time comes, I'll see for myself what plane I'd rather fly. And those VC shots that were posted today are really great. love it!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

tired of waiting for the PMDG, definitely iFly if it's out first

Jose De Campos

London

tired of waiting for the PMDG, definitely iFly if it's out first
Seems like the iFly activities triggered some increased rate of news on the competitors side. Oh, pure coincidence of course. :( What was I thinking? Maybe that competition actually helps a business and the customers involved, at both devs.Doing justice to both would mean buying both, a good idea indeed. Planning to do so, regardless of the release date.I'm exited about the iFly way of service and support though, only heard praises there so far. I don't have any product of them in my hangar so far and Chock's statements really increased the heat for getting one.The nice thing about the iFly was already pointed out, you can test her for 30 days in full. So that's a no-brainer for me.