Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A bit of Candy...

You're complaining that PMDG is blowing smoke, and your proposed solution, is for them to blow smoke. There's no sense in that. If you're happy with them overestimating the release date by months, why can't you be happy knowing it will be released "eventually"? Just estimate the release date for yourself. Or I'll do it for you... I have it on good authority that the NGX will be released in 45 months. There, do you feel better now? You know exactly when it will be released and can rest easy.You're welcome,Scott Johnston
I have it on good authority that the NGX will be released in 45 months... Do you work for PMDG... :( :(

Joe Park

You're complaining that PMDG is blowing smoke, and your proposed solution, is for them to blow smoke. There's no sense in that. If you're happy with them overestimating the release date by months, why can't you be happy knowing it will be released "eventually"? Just estimate the release date for yourself. Or I'll do it for you... I have it on good authority that the NGX will be released in 45 months. There, do you feel better now? You know exactly when it will be released and can rest easy.You're welcome,Scott Johnston
Scott,Where in my post do you think I was complaining?I was only replying to a previous post starting with, "In a perfect world" etc In the post I just mentioned that PMDG were originally hoping for a 2010 release.that wasn't acheived. So, Not a Perfect world.As regards a release date,I never asked for one. I merely suggested that if They estimated it would take eg 1 Month until release,then state 3,that would give the team a cushion & would also be a pleasant & well received announcment to the customers when they delivered ahead of schedule.As for taking 45 Months to release,I personally don't think it will take that long,but thanks for going to the trouble of finding out.

Why PMDG doesn't just ban some of you is a mystery to me! Accusing Ryan of being on his period!? The irony is just amazing....for many of you your posts seem to suggest that very thing! :) PMDG owes you nothing! I wish more reasonable people would take a stand against this. I know you're out there! As people like to note, this is a public forum and, within the applicable rules, you are free to express your opinions. I don't think many of the comments directed towards PMDG are fair and/or appropriate and I, for one, am not afraid to say so.Stacey Weaver

Why PMDG doesn't just ban some of you is a mystery to me! Accusing Ryan of being on his period!? The irony is just amazing....for many of you your posts seem to suggest that very thing! :) PMDG owes you nothing! I wish more reasonable people would take a stand against this. I know you're out there! As people like to note, this is a public forum and, within the applicable rules, you are free to express your opinions. I don't think many of the comments directed towards PMDG are fair and/or appropriate and I, for one, am not afraid to say so.Stacey Weaver
+1. Personal attacks like that just go too far!

Well, the problem is, PMDG does owe us something whether they like it or not. We are paying cutomers and without us, they would not be where they are today. I realize, at the moment, they are the best software producer by a good stretch however, it is not extremely smart to be acting like you are the best and telling your customers they can go somewhere else if they don't like how they run things. Now, before I have a handful of keyboard happy people out there try to jump me for this, let me make a few things clear. I am in no way saying that they should update us daily, weekly, or whenever. I am not saying they should release a product that is not to their standards. I am not saying they lie, cheat, or steal, or anything else anyone can come up with.What I am saying is, at the moment it seems like they really couldn't care less what we think. This whole we will give you an update when we feel like it and if you complain, then you can just go somewhere else is a little arrogant. They started this by saying "we are close...we are close...wide beta hopefully next week....now it's tomorrow...no wait, we had to rebuild this and now we don't know when it will be". I am fine with silence until a day or so before release...but you cannot be giving your "drooling" paying customers these hopeful ideas and then get mad when not only does it drag out, but they want to know what is going on. I realize everyone is working 18+hr days. That is fine, and I am glad they are doing it. But for the future, it may be a good idea to treat this like A2A and just stay silent until a day before you release something. I had no idea that there was an update in progress for the 377...then they announced it and two days later it was released. I am just saying, this whole thing is getting pretty far out of hand. Either give regular updates and not get mad at those of us who want updates (within reason, not every day or hour), or just keep quiet until the day before release. I don't think I am out of line with this and I would love someone to tell me where this is a bad idea.Let me end this with re-emphasising that I am not saying we need updates daily, weekly, or whenever. I am not saying they need to release this product if it is not to their standards. I am not saying they lie, cheat, or steal. I am not saying they don't work 18+hr days or anything else anyone can come up with.

Ban us for protesting posts from PMDG that drip with sarcasm?And the "PMDG owes you nothing" line has been overused as a 'nothing argument' too much.

Unreal what some of you post.JackColwill
Couldn't agree more. I think I was wrong believing that the average simmer is older then 15/16.Instead of accepting what has been said over and over and over again by PMDG, and discussing features, tech stuff and allround 737 related things in a constructive way, ( while we wait for release) they seem to get stuck in the I WANT mode. And even the opposite side starts to get annoying with similar posts in praise of PMDG. We got it: some of you can wait, others can't. And all of us have to! Now lets talk 737 again!

Well, the problem is, PMDG does owe us something whether they like it or not. We are paying cutomers (...)
No Ken, they don't owe you, me or anybody else nothing yet. Nobody has paid for the NGX yet.
...but you cannot be giving your "drooling" paying customers these hopeful ideas and then get mad when not only does it drag out, but they want to know what is going on.
Again, you haven't paid for it yet, so they can take forever. You don't lose anything.. They on the other hand might be losing customers, and if the product, god forbid, never released, you wouldn't lose anything, but PMDG would lose so much more.

+1I agree. I just prefer to stay out of these discussions.

Well, the problem is, PMDG does owe us something whether they like it or not.
The biggest problem here.... All forum members here, whining and screaming about that PMDG are liars and owe's you that and that. C'mon, Grow up folk's, it look's like a big Kindergarten in here sometimes.. :Shame On You:NGX are coming out, out when it's ready, not so hard to understand, is it?

Makes me want to use hand sanitizer just looking at. :wink:Oh .. I was talking about the beautiful pictures posted by Robert.What's everyone else talking about?Seems to me there's nothing to discuss other than PMDG is working on a masterpiece.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

When I want to laugh I just come and read this thread! I won't be impatient for the NGX release because I'm working on my own aircraft. I just finished the Exterior model and all the major animations. Now working on the virtual cockpit. So everyone just try do something else while you wait for the NGX. :(

This whole forum has turned into an epic fail.

Eric