Sign in to follow this  
aaronrash

Would PMDG ever consider doing an A320?

So much Airbus hate sad.png
Airbus's aren't that visually appealing, so it makes sense. LMAO.gif I think the popular Boeing/Airbus jets have been beaten to death by many add-on developers. It's time to develop some not so repeatedly developed models....

Brandon Filer

Airbus's aren't that visually appealing, so it makes sense. LMAO.gif
I dunno, I'm not that visually appealing either, but people seem to like me LMAO.gif

Airbus's aren't that visually appealing, so it makes sense. LMAO.gif I think the popular Boeing/Airbus jets have been beaten to death by many add-on developers. It's time to develop some not so repeatedly developed models....
1. I'll say it. I love the look of the narrow body Airbuses and the widebody A330. That's as far as I like the birds, though.2. Amen. Give us something old school! The MD-11 was a start though I'm not a fan of that a/c. I'd like a high fidelity classic jetliner. Give me a Convair/DC-8/L1011/etc any day! I cannot wait until the Dash 8 (they're getting old)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

1. I'll say it. I love the look of the narrow body Airbuses and the widebody A330. That's as far as I like the birds, though.
Thats pretty much the whole modern fleet sans the 380 LOL.gif

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

If I had my own addon company, I'd really try to get a detailed Airbus sim to the market. There is a demand and not much supply. If someone were told me "We're building a complex A380, A330 and A340 addon", I'd be looking very much forward to them. For me, I do like Boeing,but, having flown Precision Simulator One (PS1) back in the day, I'm very acquainted with the Boeing style FMC. The MD11 was fresh and new to me and I wonder what a Airbus FMC would be like... As for the old planes...Not really a fan. From years of Flight Assingment: ATP, I'm turned off to manual VOR to VOR navigation (plus I hate it in RL too!). The oldest I'd go is an A300 or A310. Been in both, and would like to compare. There is a thread about the 737 100/200s. From being in those cockpits, I don't see anything to make me buy them. The worst plane I've been in the cockpit for was the 727's when the Eastern airlines (part two, early 90s). They were dusty and old.... Yuck! The FE panel on the 727s for FDX were mildy interesting... Basically: No steam gauge planes for me... (Just my opinion though)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

As for the old planes...Not really a fan. From years of Flight Assingment: ATP, I'm turned off to manual VOR to VOR navigation (plus I hate it in RL too!). The oldest I'd go is an A300 or A310. Been in both, and would like to compare. There is a thread about the 737 100/200s. From being in those cockpits, I don't see anything to make me buy them. The worst plane I've been in the cockpit for was the 727's when the Eastern airlines (part two, early 90s). They were dusty and old.... Yuck! The FE panel on the 727s for FDX were mildy interesting... Basically: No steam gauge planes for me... (Just my opinion though)
For many that's the whole romance of it. Old, with a "unique" smell and plenty of personality. Nostalgia!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I hope PMDG does an A320. It's really a niche market that hasn't been supplied. As much as I like the 777, I really don't think it's a big step for FS. By Boeing's own literature, the 777 cockpit is a hybrid of the 767 systems and 747 layout. Since we already have very good representations of both these aircraft in FS, what's the point of making a 777? If I had a few dollars to spend on an addon, I'd take the A3XX over another Boeing. At least I'd get the chance to learn a new aircraft's systems. Paul

For many that's the whole romance of it. Old, with a "unique" smell and plenty of personality. Nostalgia!
The "unique" smell is dinner cooking. Michael Cubine

I think most of it is coming from the extremely crappy quality of ALL Airbus addons. The Airbus X was just so damn horrible... If only there would be an A340 / A330 of PMDG quality, I bet you folks would start loving Airbus too, as I would too again. I mean, you gotta admit that the A340-300 or the 500/ 600 look somewhat better than the T7... tongue.png NLS is making a PMDG level A380 btw, and there is a video out of it already:

Wow this looks incredible!!!!

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Sorry for contributing to the thread creep, but I'd like to see classic jets too...with a twist. Many jets like the DC-8, 727 and 747 received EFIS upgrades over the years, and nearly all of them were retrofitted with FMS. That kind of setup would suit me nicely...the best of both worlds.I still secretly wish we'd get an MD-10 external model update though. The -10 is sooooo much prettier than the -11.

Could those who are diametrically opposed to the development of a high quality Airbus add-on please explain why their hatred for that company should prevent the rest of us from having products that we desire, and are willing to pay for?

Regards,

PD

Could those who are diametrically opposed to the development of a high quality Airbus add-on please explain why their hatred for that company should prevent the rest of us from having products that we desire, and are willing to pay for?
Please don't go there! Every thread like this always sees at least a couple of chumps come out with their tedious 'Scarebus' cobblers. I'm rather baffled how narrow-mindedly 'tribal' some people get about one piece of technology versus another, but it's unimportant. To you and I, and many others, it seems blindingly obvious how desirable a PMDG-quality A320 (or A330/340) would be. After all, Airbus are half the airliner world, and deserve to be properly represented in our little virtual world.. I'm looking forward to FSL's product when it comes, because there's some real talent in that development team. Personally, I think the stretched A340 is aesthetically very pleasing. And call me perverse, but I think the A380 is ok too. I love watching it coming in over London on approach. Now that Concorde's gone it's one of the few aircraft that gets ordinary people to crane their necks skywards, although it's far too quiet! Ian

Please don't go there! Every thread like this always sees at least a couple of chumps come out with their tedious 'Scarebus' cobblers. I'm rather baffled how narrow-mindedly 'tribal' some people get about one piece of technology versus another, but it's unimportant. To you and I, and many others, it seems blindingly obvious how desirable a PMDG-quality A320 (or A330/340) would be. After all, Airbus are half the airliner world, and deserve to be properly represented in our little virtual world.. I'm looking forward to FSL's product when it comes, because there's some real talent in that development team. Personally, I think the stretched A340 is aesthetically very pleasing. And call me perverse, but I think the A380 is ok too. I love watching it coming in over London on approach. Now that Concorde's gone it's one of the few aircraft that gets ordinary people to crane their necks skywards, although it's far too quiet! Ian
+1