Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX SP1 && PMDG 737-600/700 Release Schedule

"Get a real life"....what exactly does that mean? And if you had one, would you be here telling others to get one? Silly.gif
Thats a good one!Anyway lets just seat back and relax. shortly we'll have some good news.

I say very little on these forums, I just sit back and read them. I guess I'll get flamed, because that's all that seems to be happening in this topic. Everyone's just ripping into each other. On the other hand, I might be ignored. Because of the way some people get on the defensive here, many people are put off saying what they really feel.Now, we all know that family comes first, no-one is that shallow to believe otherwise. We are a small community who, deep down, care when someone among us is suffering. But PMDG isn't a charity, we have all paid well earned money for this excellent product, some people have still got issues with the NGX and people are becoming frustrated.Someone else from PMDG could have updated us. Ok, we all want the SP1 and 600-700 released but to be honest, we can all wait until the time is right and it's ready. No doubt, there will still be issues when it is released, but we will be closer to a perfect product.But the important thing is communication. If you elect to advise your customers about delays or product updates, then be prepared to keep updating your customer, not just leave them to get frustrated with each other. The company I work for still continues to run and communicate to its customers even though I'm currently off work having had my toenail removed. Apple still released iOS 5 even though Steve Job's sadly passed (I'm waiting to be flamed about comparing a tiny company like PMDG to a giant like Apple. Apple grew to their customer base, they started small in the beginning, just like PMDG is now!).Look guys, I believe that PMDG should lock these announcements, but I also know it would still be discussed somewhere on the forum. The point is, everyone has their own views on how things should be done. We all care about personal issues, PMDG are a small company (although, not a 'one-man band') where one person out of the loop may delay the release of products, but like the NGX, there should be redundancies built in as far as communicates are concerned. Couldn't someone else from PMDG keep us updated instead of letting their customers second guess release dates, getting annoyed when dates pass and generally get frustrated with each other. I understand that you can't make promises about release dates (Apple comparison again - I know Apple have delayed products and fixes in the past, I'm sure every company has), but advise your customers and be honest; we'll get over it if there are delays.PMDG, thank you for your excellent products, thank you for the fixes, look after you families, but please talk to us and let us know what's happening. We will wait for patches and fixes - we understand there is more to life!Let the flaming commence!Gavin Lovegrove

Its also obvious that many of the whiners of the whiners, cant read - as virtually nobody is demanding the SP or the 600/700 is released(in fact Im not really sure that many are that excited about the 600/700) More people are interested in the SP either to make their sim work, fix the bugs and incorrect features(FMC,Brakes,GA performance, Fuel temps, bleed issues....etc) and the SDK which will enable them to further enjoy the sim in a more realistic manor. That said I havent seen a single post demanding that its released now at all - yet the whiners of the whiners are stating thats what people are whining about. When in fact what people are miffed about is statements made by PMDG themselves(not thought up, or made up by people on here) that "INFORMATION" and "COMMUNICATION" will be forthcoming. Not just a release date missed(i think everyone on here by now knows PMDG and time keeping are about as accurrate as the FSX clock" but actual information on what items are being addressed in the SP. We continue to keep seeing posts about various bugs(not CTD or Freezes) but items that however stable your sim is, you will also have and quite simply had PMDG put up the list (after all the whole team must be aware of this list - as they are all testing and working on the fixes) then most of these posts wouldnt happen as everyone would be aware that its a known issue and is being fixed. It would then allow the forums to be full of people asking genuine questions either about new bigs discovered, or general tips on flying it and using the systems that are bug free. So to clarify as many have said before - people are only Whining at the fact that a statement was made that not only hasnt been honoured but as also not been explained why not - excluding Roberts personal issues, there a whole team of people that in this modern day world of tech could have been addressed by someone within the team, quickly and efficiently while they waited for FSX to boot up for their next testing session. Nobody is demanding anything, people are just confused why they were specifically told one thing and then not told why that isnt the case. This is a hobby, and PMDG are very much a part of the family community, they are real people, with real lives and commitments, just as we all have - however lets not forget they are still a buisness, and like any buisness that is succesful, competiton will come and that I think will be most evident when Flight gets released

I say very little on these forums, I just sit back and read them. I guess I'll get flamed, because that's all that seems to be happening in this topic. Everyone's just ripping into each other. On the other hand, I might be ignored. Because of the way some people get on the defensive here, many people are put off saying what they really feel. Now, we all know that family comes first, no-one is that shallow to believe otherwise. We are a small community who, deep down, care when someone among us is suffering. But PMDG isn't a charity, we have all paid well earned money for this excellent product, some people have still got issues with the NGX and people are becoming frustrated. Someone else from PMDG could have updated us. Ok, we all want the SP1 and 600-700 released but to be honest, we can all wait until the time is right and it's ready. No doubt, there will still be issues when it is released, but we will be closer to a perfect product. But the important thing is communication. If you elect to advise your customers about delays or product updates, then be prepared to keep updating your customer, not just leave them to get frustrated with each other. The company I work for still continues to run and communicate to its customers even though I'm currently off work having had my toenail removed. Apple still released iOS 5 even though Steve Job's sadly passed (I'm waiting to be flamed about comparing a tiny company like PMDG to a giant like Apple. Apple grew to their customer base, they started small in the beginning, just like PMDG is now!). Look guys, I believe that PMDG should lock these announcements, but I also know it would still be discussed somewhere on the forum. The point is, everyone has their own views on how things should be done. We all care about personal issues, PMDG are a small company (although, not a 'one-man band') where one person out of the loop may delay the release of products, but like the NGX, there should be redundancies built in as far as communicates are concerned. Couldn't someone else from PMDG keep us updated instead of letting their customers second guess release dates, getting annoyed when dates pass and generally get frustrated with each other. I understand that you can't make promises about release dates (Apple comparison again - I know Apple have delayed products and fixes in the past, I'm sure every company has), but advise your customers and be honest; we'll get over it if there are delays. PMDG, thank you for your excellent products, thank you for the fixes, look after you families, but please talk to us and let us know what's happening. We will wait for patches and fixes - we understand there is more to life! Let the flaming commence! Gavin Lovegrove
Spot on Gavin

James, you're wasting your breath on these people.All they want to do is sit on their high horse and tell others how to act. I agree with everything you said but it will fall on deaf ears.

Its also obvious that many of the whiners of the whiners, cant read - as virtually nobody is demanding the SP or the 600/700 is released(in fact Im not really sure that many are that excited about the 600/700) More people are interested in the SP either to make their sim work, fix the bugs and incorrect features(FMC,Brakes,GA performance, Fuel temps, bleed issues....etc) and the SDK which will enable them to further enjoy the sim in a more realistic manor. That said I havent seen a single post demanding that its released now at all - yet the whiners of the whiners are stating thats what people are whining about. When in fact what people are miffed about is statements made by PMDG themselves(not thought up, or made up by people on here) that "INFORMATION" and "COMMUNICATION" will be forthcoming. Not just a release date missed(i think everyone on here by now knows PMDG and time keeping are about as accurrate as the FSX clock" but actual information on what items are being addressed in the SP. We continue to keep seeing posts about various bugs(not CTD or Freezes) but items that however stable your sim is, you will also have and quite simply had PMDG put up the list (after all the whole team must be aware of this list - as they are all testing and working on the fixes) then most of these posts wouldnt happen as everyone would be aware that its a known issue and is being fixed. It would then allow the forums to be full of people asking genuine questions either about new bigs discovered, or general tips on flying it and using the systems that are bug free. So to clarify as many have said before - people are only Whining at the fact that a statement was made that not only hasnt been honoured but as also not been explained why not - excluding Roberts personal issues, there a whole team of people that in this modern day world of tech could have been addressed by someone within the team, quickly and efficiently while they waited for FSX to boot up for their next testing session. Nobody is demanding anything, people are just confused why they were specifically told one thing and then not told why that isnt the case. This is a hobby, and PMDG are very much a part of the family community, they are real people, with real lives and commitments, just as we all have - however lets not forget they are still a buisness, and like any buisness that is succesful, competiton will come and that I think will be most evident when Flight gets released Spot on Gavin
+1 Well Said.

Ahh, "whining" and "relaxing" is just our favorite game to kill the time, while waiting for the SP, and the heat of the discussion is just an index of how much we all want it. :-) cheers,

+1 Well Said.
+1 João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

LOL, people in the virtual world have way to much free time on their hands.... I'm just hoping everything is alright with RSR Dad & family....! SP1 and the 700/600 can wait...! Rather have an update on that then the 700/600 and SP1. Take Care and enjoy the weekend PMDG and forum viewers...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

The problem I have, and I think many others, is that there is always some excuse for these delays. Sure, I agree that family crisis should take precedence over a game. The problem is this is on top of so many "almost there", "one last problem", "just a bit more time to make this perfect for you", and so on that I think we're all a bit tired of hearing excuses. Then a legitimate excuse like a family crisis comes along and it just sounds like the same background excsuses. I think the two key points here are these: first, PMDG is a team and while one member may be pre-occupied, there are certainly others who could drop a quick update regarding the status. Second, while initial commitments should be with family and friends, a job still leaves you with responsibility. Perhaps during these times of crisis you're not going to work on the job, but 5 minutes to leave an update over an entire week hardly seems unreasonable. I'm particularly sensitive to this second point. I'm an orthopaedic surgeon and while I understand this setiment of family first, I also see that responsibility to my job often takes me away from my family (both in times of crisis and not) to come to the aid of another family in crisis. My job is far from the only job with these responsibilities either, from our soldiers, police and EMS units to leglislative and judicial staffs. Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

The problem I have, and I think many others, is that there is always some excuse for these delays. Sure, I agree that family crisis should take precedence over a game. The problem is this is on top of so many "almost there", "one last problem", "just a bit more time to make this perfect for you", and so on that I think we're all a bit tired of hearing excuses. Then a legitimate excuse like a family crisis comes along and it just sounds like the same background excsuses. I think the two key points here are these: first, PMDG is a team and while one member may be pre-occupied, there are certainly others who could drop a quick update regarding the status. Second, while initial commitments should be with family and friends, a job still leaves you with responsibility. Perhaps during these times of crisis you're not going to work on the job, but 5 minutes to leave an update over an entire week hardly seems unreasonable. I'm particularly sensitive to this second point. I'm an orthopaedic surgeon and while I understand this setiment of family first, I also see that responsibility to my job often takes me away from my family (both in times of crisis and not) to come to the aid of another family in crisis. My job is far from the only job with these responsibilities either, from our soldiers, police and EMS units to leglislative and judicial staffs. Eric Szczesniak
Well said. -Matt Chase

Seriously, I haven't really followed this thread in a while, but just accidently caught this one...

"Get a real life"....what exactly does that mean? And if you had one, would you be here telling others to get one? Silly.gif
NICE one there Chris, haha LMAO.gifsig.gif

Did it ever occur to you guys that it's possible nobody is working at PMDG this week? Maybe Robert decided since he had to be away with his Dad it was a good time for the rest of the Team to take a couple days off? Or maybe they are all there but just too busy or decided they do not need to update you right now and will do so when they are ready? Maybe they are just waiting for Robert to return and give you an update himself because that has always been who does it, so why break tradition? Does Microsoft or Apple update their customers every week on an upcoming Service Pack? Do they even give you a list of fixes ahead of time? Of course not! So why do you feel PMDG must bow to your demands? Yes Robert said he planned on releasing a list and that was probably a mistake he now regrets after all the trash talking in this thread. Remember Robert once saying that silence is a god thing? Whatever their reason is for not updating you I am sure it is a good one. So why not hop in the NGX and Fly somewhere? It will take your mind off the pending release and before you know it SP1 will be here.

+1 this thread should be locked now waste of time really as the same old stuff is getting re hashed

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

+1 this thread should be locked now waste of time really as the same old stuff is getting re hashed
+1 I agree