Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX SP1 && PMDG 737-600/700 Release Schedule

I'm not sure that's the answer, and let's try to keep this in perspective. I would bet that PMDG gets lots of sales by allowing non-customers to come here, read the threads, and get a sense of the excitement most of us have about their products. In some ways we are the company's best hawkers. What annoys me even more than these one-off immature posts is the number of people who feel obligated to reply with defenses of PMDG and RR and with lectures about forum etiquette. Count the number of posts like that in this thread. It's sort of ridiculous because the troll is in no way gonna be influenced by other people's ideas of right and wrong. And, PMDG and RR don't need us to defend them. Someone else said it earlier: the best way to handle idiots like this is to completely ignore them and delete their posts. And if you quote the idiot's post, your post gets removed as well. If you reply to these idiotic posts you are contributing to the problem.
+1 for this reply. Ignore them, as simply as we can.Keep going the SP1 and 6-700 progress on their own way. Thanks for this great add on!

RobertI have prayed for your father to recover: may GOD bless you all.My father died when I was 16yrs. old.I think of him everday: so much left unsaid, it is hard. Be strong

Hello Capt. Randazzo: I am a long time customer of PMDG products, first with FS2004 and now with FSX, enjoying various FSX-specific add-ons, particularly the NGX, warts and all. I am “veteran” enough to be able to often state that I have ”been there seen that done that”. Therefore I am not terribly surprised that, while some of the posted comments are quite jaw-dropping, they reflect the vast clientele and community of PMDG, which is large and varied. The age of its members likely spans quite a few decades and as a result, it is unavoidable that there will be individuals (not necessarily younger ones) who are immature or inexperienced and these traits reflect the comments that they post. The fact is lost sometimes, that we are involved in a game that costs us around $ 70 after it is available, not before, nobody is out-of-pocket. Delays in its production do not result in people getting hurt, in people loosing their jobs, in social injustice. They just disappoint us. And when the game is finally accessible to us, we forget our disappointment and we enjoy the game that we were all waiting for, as was the case with the NGX. While I am not justifying any of the comments that were posted along this thread and required their obvious removal, we have seen and we will continue to see unfair, thoughtless and quite selfish comments. That is what happens when thousands and thousands of people belong to a community. You and PMDG staff and AVSIM staff have been quite patient and will likely continue to be. Amongst the many posts that I have read, I have not yet seen one that apologizes to you and to PMDG for the insensitivity of some of the posts. We can be upset when FSX crashes, when the overhead panel looks funny, when the sound was supposed to but does not, but we do not have the right (nobody has) to be upset with you because your dad is sick, or because you have a family to take care of, or because you have a responsibility to a larger employer, or because the other members of PMDG only spend 16 hours a day and not 24 in solving NGX issues. So, when one of us forgets these basic principles and posts an unjustifiable message in this forum the rest of us are, at first, quite angry but mainly, we are sorry to read its contents. And we apologize! May any problems your family is experiencing today become so small in the near future, that PMDG and NGX will be your biggest worry. With regards,Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Kind of funny that family commitments have been the hold up. I think I've noted before that my wife has an amazing "short final" detector. I can fly a flight of any length, from 30 minutes to 10 hours and the moment she chooses to come in and ask me about something is on short final, usually around the middle marker. I don't know how she does it so consistently, but it's clearly a gift.
They ALL do!!! Amazing fact, isn't it??? I think this happens to all of us, maybe they can hear the crew announcement "Flight Attendants, please prepare for landing..."

Thank you for the update, your 100% right family should always come first even if it means the sp isn't out till Christmas hope everything is well and keep up the good work :)

Robert I wish the best for you and a quick recovery for your dad. Since day 1 I had no issues with the PMDG 737NGX.Adenilson

This thread has become quite surreal now. Why can't people just wait patiently, and above all quietly, for updates to be released, without feeling the need to tell everybody about it? Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

This thread has become quite surreal now. Why can't people just wait patiently, and above all quietly, for updates to be released, without feeling the need to tell everybody about it? Kevin Hall
Well said, much more eloquently and succinctly then I could put it. -Matt Chase

Robert,Thank you and the rest of the team for the update. My best to you and your father. Funny how some can forget that developers are/and have families as well. I look forward to the news ahead. Take your time and ignore all the heartless demanding BS posts!Cheers!

Robert i want to thank you so much and i will keep you and your family in my prayers. God has given you a good gift and you use it well. Thanks and i appreciate the update. Austin ThiemanCEO @ Southwest Virtual Airlines

Kind of funny that family commitments have been the hold up. I think I've noted before that my wife has an amazing "short final" detector. I can fly a flight of any length, from 30 minutes to 10 hours and the moment she chooses to come in and ask me about something is on short final, usually around the middle marker. I don't know how she does it so consistently, but it's clearly a gift.
This sounded like a sexual innuendo through most of that text.. Sorry :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi, I'm looking forward to the DVD release of the 737, and follow the developement since long as a silent observer. I'm patient. I note that there seems to have been some trouble with people complaining about the delay for family reasons, social misbehaviour over that complaint by some posters, and the suggestions to make this a forum for registered users, i assume what is meant is registration by product activation. Allow me two or three thoughts on all this. I do not know anybody in the PMDG team, but it is a question of reasonabilty and politeness to understand they are humans too, with a social life and a family life. Somebody of the PMDG team is needed by his family. This is to be respected by all of us. Period. I hope all things turn out well for the individual in question, and his father. Having been a forum mod myself for several years, I want to encourage the mods NOT to turn this into a closed forum, for two reasons. First, to monitor the forum and to moderate where misbehavior or dispute arises, simply comes as part of the job. In some forums, communities are such that many problems pop up with people. In others, it is less often happening. Anyway, dealing with these issues and sorting them out - is part of the moderator's job. That'S why he is there. The less he is needed, the better, but that still means: it'S part of his job. Second, skimming a product forum before I form a decision whether or not I buy a product, to me and many others has become part of the routine, and for the producer it is a great opportunity to raise interest for his product and to attract potential new customers: by convincing with a good display of community interaction, and allowing said new customers to collect information by other people'S feedback. It is no clever thing to close this entrance door for potential new customers! The Space Shuttle Mission simulator handled things like this initially, they were very hostile towards potentially interested people and demonstrated a signficant lack of interest to invite people into getting insights and information that led beyond the very glossy and superificial official advertising (telling by own experience, I even contacted their customer support over a question with the download and installation procedure, and got some very snappy reply, with the only result that I decided against them and lost all interest immediately). After some time they understood that this conduct of theirs probably was a mistake, and opened their forums a bit more, at least that is what I was told meanwhile. They had taken a growing ammount of fire and I assume a not unsignificant loss in customers by doing so. That was not needed, and nothing was gained for anybody! Several other examples could be mentioned as well. So please, do not make forums like this a place locked to everybody who has not already bought the product. In the end, it translates into slamming the door into the face of interested potential newcomers and new customers. It reduces the number of people finally buying the product. And last but not least that cannot be in the interest of PMDG. On the names, keep in mind that just because somebody signs with a name, this does not mean he really is that guy. Again, what it really is about is politeness and manners in social behavior. I sign with Marcel below, but that means not more and not less to anybody than my 20+ -years-in-use avatar "Skybird", even less when I tell you that many people in my real life also nickname and call me "Sky". Mandatory use of names - solves nothing if there is a problem with manners in a forum. You need to sort out the troublemakers. That's the only thing that really works. And in a forum, we all are just ghostly voices or scriptures on a board - not to be mistaken with our lives in reality. Greetings,Marcel "Sky" Heller,Germany

Thanks for the update Robert. Looking forward to the 6700. Hope your father gets well soon also.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD