Sign in to follow this  
joe blocky

HOW MANY USE TRACKIR 5?

Thanks kenneth, why not just use the space bar held down and mouse to zoom in and out and around..Whilst i am always looking ahead at the screen?james.
HelloBecause humans turn their heads to look around so TrackIR is a very natural movement, and you are still looking forward at the screen.Your head moves a much smaller amount than the movement you see on the screen, so only a very slight turn of the head is enough to pan the VC. Once you use TrackIR you never go back and with Ezdok it is even better.

Thanks kenneth, why not just use the space bar held down and mouse to zoom in and out and around..Whilst i am always looking ahead at the screen?james.
I may need my hands on the throttle/yoke & want to glance over my shoulder to judge a base turn. The biggest advantage for me is I can look around while leaving my hands right where they are. Very handy in GA(vfr) & once you get used to that ability it's hard to not have it, even when it isn't always necessary. Just like your car doesn't need a rearview if it has 2 side mirrors, but it still takes a while to get used to not having it.

Hi guys, does it mean that TRACKIR doesn't really make it without EZDOK? I always thought that it could live alone. Confused.gif
You can use either of them on their own. Just that the one compliments the other. You could look at any given point using TIR. You could look at any point using just EZDok. Or you could use EZDok to store a certain view, lets say the left side window looking out. Click on it to go there and then continue using TIR to pan around without craning your neck trying to maintain the view and keep TIR from going back to the frontal view. At that point because EZDok has taken it to the left side view it then thinks that is the forward view so it stays there til you click another view, like back to the normal forward view. Now think about all the other camera views you could lock the TIR into by setting them up in EZDok first. Think about your 4 seater planes and views from the passenger seats. Planes like the C130 and 2 sliding doors, a ramp and many gauges/controls you can add as views. Next start thinking about all the outside views you can add. Ok so maybe you don`t need a lot of views you say. OK, make the plane take off now and think what it would be like sitting in the passengers seat of that little 4 seater. Looking out one of those sliding doors or the ramp while they`re open in the C130 and you`re airborn. EZDok will set up those exta camera views and the TIR will allow you to look (pan) around from that position/location, something it could never do alone. The setups and uses are endless! Steve

Also TrackIR allows you to sit up and look over the glareshield, to lean forward, backward, and side to side (let's say that the column is blocking some part of the pfd or a button, by leaning left or right or forward, just like in real life, you can see what the column was blocking, as opposed to having to do keyboard combinations).

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Also TrackIR allows you to sit up and look over the glareshield, to lean forward, backward, and side to side (let's say that the column is blocking some part of the pfd or a button, by leaning left or right or forward, just like in real life, you can see what the column was blocking, as opposed to having to do keyboard combinations).
Yes, the ability to lean toward a window while looking out/down makes hitting the hold short lines a lot easier. No more undocked top-down views needed when taxiing.

TIR 5 and EZCA satisfied user!I'm using VC from fs 2004, used TIR 2 for a lot of time, then TIR5.Same for active camera and then EZDOK. I've used rarely other addons without a full working VC (like lds767).

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I'm a recent PMDG & TrackIR customer and here are my impressions so far:
  • Going back to joystick hat-view is painful. I've gone TrackIR-less a view times and it's like part of my body is missing because I can't look around naturally. (although I wear progressive lenses and things get out-of-focus easily when I turn my head. Time for a pair of computer glasses - it's hell to get old).
  • I use the "Seth - Flight" profile which helps counter my head drift and jitter while trying to click a small target (like Alt Intv on the other side of the MCP).
  • I sometimes have to reset the view with F12 to adjust my view up and down. If I've been looking up at the overhead I find that I can't look down as far before the view locks. So if I know I'll be looking down, I first look up slightly and hit F12. That resets the view to center and then I can look down and around with ease. And I do the converse for up.
  • During pre-flight I toggle to the overhead view with A (3 times) and look around and zoom in from the between-the-seats-view, rather than try to do it from the captain or FO seat view. Just easier for my bad eyes.
  • When I do look up from seat view I sometimes switch to FO view to access the right side of the panel, especially the higher (aft) switches.
  • I only have the passive (reflective) hat clip. During the day I have to place a 5x7 box behind my chair to keep the light from the window behind me from blinding the camera. (not direct sunlight either; just daylight) I don't know if the TrackClip Pro with active LED's would help but I don't use a headset, so I don't now how that would work out. I'd also like to know if the active LED's provide better head range before loss-of-signal.
  • Great. Based on the other comments, now I have to check out EZCA. If I keep this binge up my wife will try to collect on my life insurance soon.

where did you get / download the Seth - Flight" profile is it easy to ajust the speed / senseative settings that would work on ngx?

where did you get / download the Seth - Flight" profile is it easy to ajust the speed / senseative settings that would work on ngx?
If you go to the tir website (natural point) it's either in the downloads section or linked in their forum. I can't remember which.And yes, the software is easy to adjust. Starting with "Seth flight," it took about 30 minutes of fine tuning to get my airliner & ga profiles set up.

I have been trying to use EZDOK and Trk-IR5 and have been having nothing but trouble. I can get it working, but usually when I load FSX another day they are not working again. Sometimes it will be working and I get what appears to be a keyboard lockup. The flight will pause and I can't unpause with the keyboard. I have to go up to the menu to unpause. In checking the above comments I notice that all of the positive users have Nvidia GPU cards. I use an ATI HD 5850. I had initially tried the Nvidia but found the ATI was smoother and slightly better FPS. I have a high end system with a i7 980x, 6GB ram. I am curious as to whether the ATI card may be causing some of the problems. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance. Tom Hibben

My profile is pretty default except for the X, Z axis. TIR5 was, at one point, the single best purchase I had ever made for my PC. Now I rarely have time for it with flying and class.sad.png Honestly I rarely use it in heavier metal anyway, but rather like to pull it out when more pattern work is in order (or the rare whirlybird). Where it really shines is with Rise of Flight. TrackIR is made for sims like RoF!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Like MrKen said, I found it in the forum after searching "Seth flight profile". There was some other good info in the thread in addition to the download link. Since the link was an .xml file, depending on your browser you may have to right-click and save as. If your browser tries to open the file directly you may get a blank screen. On the head-turning question of Thruster57, I had the same concern that it might be awkard to turn my head while looking at the screen. But, for me at least, my eyes just naturally look at the portion of the screen I'm focused on and I'm not even aware of the fact that my eyes are moving in the opposite direction of my head (if that makes any sense). And I think it's really cool to lean toward the side window and see the wing-tip [i'm easily amused]. With the NGX and TrackIR I'm having the most satisfying flight simming in the 30 years I've been doing it. I just want to add that I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on one airplane, but when I took the plunge and saw that the Intro guide was 132 pages and that there were a few thousand pages of Boeing manuals, I knew this was going to be something special and I have not been disappointed. Now, if I'm ever on a flight where both pilots order the fish, I'll be ready to step in.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Most people slow the movement so your View stays steadier (less shake from involuntary head movement), but you can set it up so that you're not moving your eyes. Multi-monitors help a lot with that. If I want to look left I'll see the wing tip looking straight at the outer half of my left screen. Looking right puts the back of the fo's seat & the breaker panels on the outer half of my right screen. Vertical movement is faster however, so that looking at the bottom right corner of the middle screen gives a full view of the pedestal. Overhead works the same, but I have to lean a little to the right & back, which I suspect you'd also do in the real thing.

This is definitely a minority opinion but have had trackIR for about five years and never became a fan - I find EZDOK with cams mapped to yoke/joystick buttons is all I need and trackIR of little added value. I find the way the display moves with trackIR visually disconcerting - most unnatural and hard on the eyes. Also I found that I could only use TrackIR in a darkened room or at night due to interference from extraneous light sources. Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

It definitely isn't for everyone. Most purchasers enjoy it, but no one product can be suitable for everyone. It took me a while to get used to it, but I'm glad I did. Microstutters can be extremely disconcerting and actually give you a headache. Do make sure you can pan the vc smoothly before buying it.