Sign in to follow this  
joe blocky

HOW MANY USE TRACKIR 5?

I use TIR 5 + TCP (Track Clip Pro - little thing attaches to your headset) Probably my best investment for FSX besides my joystick :) It's easy to pause and recenter, and you can download a perfect profile found at the Naturalpoint forums, titled Seth - Flight: (second post in this thread)http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38618#Post38618

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

TrackIR + Ezdok and NEVER fly without both. Personally, I only use TrackIR for one Ezdok camera and that is of course the captain's view (which is most of the flight time). All other camera views have TIR and Zoom off (CDU, overhead, MCP etc. which allows easy panel interaction). I enable mouse look with the middle mouse button press for all cameras including externals.

cannot live without TIR. Its just so usefull being able to look around hands free. Sometimes I put it on standby when in the cruise. 99% of the rest of the time its on.

I have been a real hardliner in using 2D cockpits but when NGX with it's gorgeous VC was released I bought TrackIR 5 and EZDOK.Now I'm really stoked and for me it's a new dimension of flying.I wish PMDG would rework the VC of the Queen as a charged service.

I just bought TrackIR5 and have mixed feeelings about it. In the VC, I get nauseus with all the movements- I am very twitchy - so I us it with on the 2D. The problem I have is I never know when I am looking true forward. So landing seems to be a problem. I may be approaching the runway from a 5 degree lateral angle - but with my view looks like I am perfectly centered. How does one know the angle you are looking at. For now I stopped using TrackIR5 after 5 days of usage.

Paul Gugliotta

Ok guys, the TIR + EZDOK combination seems to be a nice project to be put on the wish list. My wife will be happy as the right season comes soon... biggrin.png Thanks for your explanations.

Regards,
Axel

I use TIR 5 + TCP (Track Clip Pro - little thing attaches to your headset) Probably my best investment for FSX besides my joystick :) It's easy to pause and recenter, and you can download a perfect profile found at the Naturalpoint forums, titled Seth - Flight: (second post in this thread)http://forum.natural...38618#Post38618
i have downloaded that file but i cant open the d3d9 DLL FILE joe broadman

I have tracker IR and I think it can be a real plus when flying any FSX airplane however,It just doesn't do it for me.I think I have to many distractions and can't seem to hold still long enough to make a mouse heading change or altitude change.I have the latest software and have adjusted speed and smoothness until frustration rears its head.I do better with the hat switch and a button assignment to snap back to panel view.

Trackir 4 with Trackir 5 software + Ezdok 1.17 and I wouldn´t be without neither off them, in an VC enviroment.Profiles from AOA for both of them and those are really good./ Leffe

i bought the Tr 5 just for the Ng so i really like this post. So far this little bird is gonna wind up costing me about 900 bucks- the tr 5 --along with pretty well have to get the mode control panel from go flight so there's another 500 bucks, and from reading post this looks like pretty well gonna get EZdoc and might as well throw in AoA why stop now Ha and hope i don't have to be a computer engineer to set it up EZdoc cause that is my biggest hatered with this hobby. Did any one ever watch video's by Jig saw? man this guy is good, he has a lot done up on the Orbz products, how does he get his spanning so smooth and nice and slow? i only have about 3 days experience with Tr 5 but it's still not set up all that good and yes i do have the 'Seth' profile in. When i look down and want to let's say to turn on the -tcas- way down there by the radio's- my chin is sunk way down in my chest and then some so it seems that i have it set that i have to move my head TOO much to see some thing. But i'm gonna stick with it and eventually by reading post like this i'll get it straightened out. Also i really want to get 2 more monitors, one on each side of my main one to look outside, is this gonna cost my frame rates? cause with a i7 board 975 extreme 3.2 gig i can't afford to lose any and don't know how to over clock so i'm stuck wirh what i've got.

I have tracker IR and I think it can be a real plus when flying any FSX airplane however,It just doesn't do it for me.I think I have to many distractions and can't seem to hold still long enough to make a mouse heading change or altitude change.I have the latest software and have adjusted speed and smoothness until frustration rears its head.I do better with the hat switch and a button assignment to snap back to panel view.
get Ezdok and turn off TIR and Zoom for interacting with MCP, CDU etc.

I use my TrackIR 5 with EZDok since 1 year. now I can't imagine my FSX without this things.

Best Regards!

I see some people have problems with keeping head still. Although I don´t have trackir, I think it is only matter of settings...curves, smoothnes etc. I have freetrack (freeware alternative) with a baseball hat and 3 IR leds (cca 5€ the whole build) plus a camera for about 20€. This is a good solution for those that don´t want to spend money...and it doesn´t have the problem with sunlight (if not too bright, and even then I only set different threshold on the camera)

I still have TrackIR4, with the TrackIR5 software. I've had it for years and it works great. With EZDOK, it is even better.Make sure you look at the instructions manual with EZDOK if you are using it with TrackIR. There are some setting changes.I don't believe it matters which video card you have other than with performance. TrackIR should work with any video card.

TIR5+ezdok for me

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit