Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cenkcnk

Cera Sim Closed

Shame. Not into helicopters but to see any developer have to do this is bad. Interestingly though, if you follow the 'purchase' link you can still buy!Presumably its without support from this point.......

They said:"We announced the difficult decision to permanently cease operations due to piracy!!!"http://cerasimaircraft.com/
What's everybody else doing that's still in business? That would be my first question.

And another round of the pirates thingy. Yawn.gif
Just bored with the topic or do you support piracy?

What's everybody else doing that's still in business? That would be my first question.
Yup, another developer who didn't budget for piracy (it's a fact of life) in their business model, made the niche market product rather easy to pirate (when I bought the 222 and 412 at SimMarket, just got the download and a text key), didn't get the returns they expected, so decided to blame it on pirates rather than a poor business model/practices.Yes, pirates suck, but your statement is spot on. Many other niche markets still in business (doing well too).

helicopters being a very small niche market I think it is easy for such a developer to go bust.but..though Piracy might have been a huge influence, I dont think it is the only reason, and suspect there are some other reasons as well (that is not being mentioned), that when combined just pushed them over the limit. I guess we will not always get the full picture. Easy to blame it exclusively on "Piracy"Still it is a sad day to see a developer pack it in, either because of piracy or from some other reasons.

Still it is a sad day to see a developer pack it in, either because of piracy or from some other reasons.
Exactly. I forgot to add that since ND did the same thing, I was hoping Cera would fill the gap/role of high quality FSX rotary addons. Their 222 and 412 are awesome.

Isn't it ironic that the most popular video on Youtube right now is that video of the Texas judge who is beating the crap out of his daughter for..um..pirating?

Is the Nemeth 'closing' still current by the way? Looks like a revised decision to me.I saw those news back then but the current page doesn't show any sort of closed character. Same goes for the forum.And newtie is asking the right questions in my eyes. smile.png

Interesting. Sad to see them go TU but this link still works.http://www.cerasimaircraft.com/bell_412_fsx.html

I mostly fly helicopters and was hoping for something from Cera after the 222.

HelloMaking life extremely difficult for genuine paying customers in order to protect their product?

HelloMaking life extremely difficult for genuine paying customers in order to protect their product?
No, that is what the pirates are doing, but then again I forget how selfish customers can be.

Yup, another developer who didn't budget for piracy (it's a fact of life) in their business model, made the niche market product rather easy to pirate (when I bought the 222 and 412 at SimMarket, just got the download and a text key), didn't get the returns they expected, so decided to blame it on pirates rather than a poor business model/practices.Yes, pirates suck, but your statement is spot on. Many other niche markets still in business (doing well too).
How should it have changed its business in order to counteract thev effects of piracy on its revenue? Don't say increase prices because that would cause its revenue to drop too.

How should it have changed its business in order to counteract thev effects of piracy on its revenue? Don't say increase prices because that would cause its revenue to drop too.
Activation would be a good start.

And when the pirates all share their activations, then what?

Sadly, it's a 'no win' situation for all concerned; developer & punter alike.Baring the pirates themselves of course.

And when the pirates all share their activations, then what?
How do you share MAC addresses?

How do you share MAC addresses?
What do you do when a customer wants to change computers or use multiple computers?

One solution would be continuous on-line activation with only one activation allowed at any time. It's messy but....

I think that 'creative solution' already came up at some ends. Feel free to explore the success of it. smile.pngAfter that, one can only repeat what newtie said. The main question is how other devs in the same niche are handling the topic.No need to reinvent the wheel on known circumstances.

Well,apparantely they are not closed any more.This smells like a PR stunt