Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

Has anyone got some exciting flight plans to share?

I did the RNP down the channel to 26 a few days ago at PAJN. That's a cool approach, too.
I agree! That is a cool approach for sure. Even the approach into 08 in low vis can pucker up the ol balloon knot with that strip of land ahead of the runway.On of my favorites is still CYVR-CYLW rwy16 TOSUS trans. I make this flight in RL ~3 times a year. With Orbx PNW and NRM scenery, it sure makes nice replay vids.

Great thread so I will put mt 2 cents in... fly to the most Extreme airports in the world,according to the History Channels Most Extreme Airports List is as follows;10. KSAN - San Diego, CA - Congested airspace, busy single-runway airport - however, no mention of the 3 busy GA airports or 2 Naval Air Stations nearby - just talked about airline traffic to/from KSAN9. LPMA - Madeira, Portugal - Location on island, wind conditions, runway built out into ocean on stilts.8. KEGE - Vail, CO - Altitude and approach/departure through terrain7. LFLJ - Courchevel, France - Altitude, approach through valleys, short runway with an 18.5% grade6. VHHH - Hong Kong Kai Tak - Approach between tall buildings, make sharp turn to final at 300ft AGL5. LXGB - Gibraltar - Spain won't allow departures/arrivals through their airspace, so makes the approach/departure pretty interesting, highway goes across runway4. TNCM - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - Short-ish runway, high terrain on departure end, proximity to beach on approach end, crazy people "riding the fence" when heavies power up to take off (I want to try that!)3. TFFJ - St. Barth's - Short, downhill runway, slam-dunk approach over a hill with automotive traffic at the top2. MHTG - Tegucigalpa, Honduras - High altitude, short runway, approach through surrounding terrain1. VNLK - Lukla, Nepal - High Altitude, 1700ft. runway with 12% gradeFor scenery I most often check out this list http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.php. But if you can find a good scenery package it makes them much better! Avsim has tons!travel to all 10 of the airports on the list in any order you feel will get you there safely.Quite the challenge
I just ordered this video from History channel. I wanted to try all of these out. Thanks for posting the list.Bob

"After 6 touch and goes finally did it, quite a challenging approach. Love to try at night with the HUD"Glad you did it !!

Great thread so I will put mt 2 cents in... fly to the most Extreme airports in the world,according to the History Channels Most Extreme Airports List is as follows;10. KSAN - San Diego, CA - Congested airspace, busy single-runway airport - however, no mention of the 3 busy GA airports or 2 Naval Air Stations nearby - just talked about airline traffic to/from KSAN9. LPMA - Madeira, Portugal - Location on island, wind conditions, runway built out into ocean on stilts.8. KEGE - Vail, CO - Altitude and approach/departure through terrain7. LFLJ - Courchevel, France - Altitude, approach through valleys, short runway with an 18.5% grade6. VHHH - Hong Kong Kai Tak - Approach between tall buildings, make sharp turn to final at 300ft AGL5. LXGB - Gibraltar - Spain won't allow departures/arrivals through their airspace, so makes the approach/departure pretty interesting, highway goes across runway4. TNCM - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - Short-ish runway, high terrain on departure end, proximity to beach on approach end, crazy people "riding the fence" when heavies power up to take off (I want to try that!)3. TFFJ - St. Barth's - Short, downhill runway, slam-dunk approach over a hill with automotive traffic at the top2. MHTG - Tegucigalpa, Honduras - High altitude, short runway, approach through surrounding terrain1. VNLK - Lukla, Nepal - High Altitude, 1700ft. runway with 12% gradeFor scenery I most often check out this list http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.php. But if you can find a good scenery package it makes them much better! Avsim has tons!travel to all 10 of the airports on the list in any order you feel will get you there safely.Quite the challenge
Don't try to land your 737-600 at LFJL Courchevel or VNLK Lukla, except you like extreme situations !! The famous Twin-Otter is The recommended a/c for such "altiports"Courchevel is one of my favorite and you'll find the best LFLJ add-on scenery payware ever made at LLH creations : http://www.llhinfo.com/llh5a.htmlfor the Lukla scenery that is also very impressive, go and see http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,5975654510,10267_1I've been practising all other destinations mentionned except Vail KEGE I'm going to try right awayFrom my point of vue Sion LSGS, Tivat LYTV, Chambéry LFLB are missing in the list (not to talk about LSZA)

Does anyone know of any add-on scenery for Paro, Bhutan? Stumbled upon this on YouTube and thought Paro would be an incredibly fun airport to fly in and out of with the 738 and the "Short Field Package".

http://www.youtube.c...qN-uEgQU#t=284s

When talking about flight plans I wonder why the community cant exchange routes which can be loaded into the FMC? It is possible to save routes so it should be possile to upload them on this site. Or did I miss something?

Nic

One of my favorite routes in Oz is YBBN(Brisbane) to YBHM (Hamilton island ) using the Rnav RW14

Runway is only 5200' feet long

Maybe not the best flight for a 737, but even 737 pilots sometimes like to get into a small prop plane, and do some REAL "flying".

So -- here goes :- ( Currently running on FSMP MP Server all this weekend)

==========================================================================================

pegger74 (Mike) NAVIGATION CHALLENGE #1

( Thursday April 12 - Sunday April 15 -- Including under IFR on IFR Saturday )

Do you like to fly with your fancy FMC?

Do you get excitement from watching your aircraft do all the hard work while you push buttons like a monkey and take credit for the greased landings?

There's a saying that a 1000 monkeys with 1000 FMC's will eventually land an aircraft...or maybe that was something about

Shakespeare? Anyway....time to LEARN TO NAVIGATE!

Test yourself on this IFR navigation challenge. Using only radio navigation beacons (NDB, VOR, VOR/DME), and the following course description, can you get to the end?

Do it wrong and you will probably get lost or hit a mountain!

Depart from KSAN. This flight should take you about 1.5 to 2 hours and is best done in a twin such as the Baron 58. Your aircraft of choice must be dual VOR, DME, and ADF equipped.

Use the following flight plan:

+FP IFR|{your tail#}|{your a/c type}| KSAN-NAV CHALLENGE-KLAX | ALT BLOCK 030-070

Good Luck!

-RWY 27 HDG TO R200 OUT MZB (117.80 MHz) Climbing to 3500'

-INT AND FLY R260 IN PGY (109.80 MHz)

-INT AND FLY R195 IN JLI (114.00 MHz)

-Climb to 5000'

-INT AND FLY R105 IN OCN (115.30 MHz)

-INT AND FLY R345 OUT MZB (117.80 MHz) TO DME 40.0

-DIR TO SJY (227.0 KHz) and DEPART HDG 360

-INT R070 OUT PSZ (112.20 MHz)

-Climb to 6000'

-INT R330 OUT PSP (115.50 MHz) UNTIL IN RANGE OF VCV (109.40 MHz) THEN DIR TO VCV

-Climb to 7000'

-INT AND FLY R200 IN PDZ (112.20 MHz)

-INT AND FLY R090 IN LAX (113.60 MHz)

CONGRATS! If you made it to here, you are a worthy radio navigator.

You are now inbound to KLAX about 40 nm out to the east. Contact SOCAL APPROACH if available and happy landing!

====================================================

BTW: If you can PROGRAM that Flight Plan into the 737 FMC, then you have probably mastered that FMC :Hypnotized:

Fly anywhere into EGLC London City. Its a very very short runway with water at both ends and down the sides. Open at one end and between tower blocks at the other end. Not meant for the NGX but with practise I get the 800/900 down safely. I haven`t fallen in the water yet, just had to take off again quickly like a touch and go, but once mastered its not so bad. Not tried it in the 600/700 up to now, been tied up with an airfield I`m resurrecting at EGCB Manchester Barton-now done.

Steve

If landing at EGLC does not get you a Brake Temperature indication, nothing will !!!

If landing at EGLC does not get you a Brake Temperature indication, nothing will !!!

Mine must be faulty, then, 'cause I've never gotten one of those.

For a couple of weeks around Christmas all of my flights were into and out of EGLC in the -700. If your flaps/speed are fully configured when you hit the glide into 27 it's really not that big a challenge. No turns or obstacles. Going manual for the last mile or two makes it more interesting. It's definitely a hoot that every NGX driver should try, especially at night with some low-ish clouds.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Try to make LIMC-LIRN (Malpensa-Naples) in Italy! I'm sure you like it cause it's terrorise all real pilots, because you make a 90° turn just behind a mountain on approach with the alarm "too low terrain-pull up!" in front of the runaway at 2500 FT! You cannot see the runaway until you make that turn! You can see the trees from the second officer window when you make that turn!

Hi Artur,

which of Neaples star procedure are you referring at? (Neaples got a lot of STARS depending on initial approach fix, rwy in use ATC discretion etc.)

I've landed there many times but without being terrorised at all.

But arriving from Malpensa (i.e. PAR UL 995 TEA) when approach was to rwy 24 my big problem is arriving over "BENTO" "on the spot" at 210/7000 from the moment that there you intercept simoustanely both the LOC and the G/S and I solved that by an early gear extension (to mantain 210 kts after G/S capture), has happened to me in real life as passenger in a Easyjet A319, when approaching to rwy 06 (ILS 06) I usually arriving from Ponza follow a PNZ2D Star with an OLEVA transition so no problem there (except the slight offset heading) problably you're referring to some Pomigliano d'Arco (POM) star for rwy 24 arriving from Ponza (PNZ) I can't remember..not having my Neaples charts there...

Ciao

Andrea b. - Como I

NG 737-600 "aficionados" try the following FPL, the route is short but the arrival is really challenging :

Sion (1580ft) to Lugano (914ft)

IFR route FL 250 : LSGS ROCCA M135 TOP LSZA

route distance 247NM

SID 25 ROCC1J rwy 25 6600*130 ft asphalt

STAR 01 TOP5L rwy 01 4400*100 ft asphalt

APCH IGS 111.5/017° 6000 ft SLOPE 6.7° Vasi PAPI4

check your Vz = f(slope,GS)

fuel & payload at your own convenience

suggestion : make your flight in real wx conditions and set FSX at sunrise to enjoy the beauty of the Alps in the early morning

how do you enter this in the NGX FMC?

If I enter LSGS rwy 25+ SID ROCC1J the route goes haywire with the purple line line going down indefinitely ??

Try these two in the NGX:-

Kathmandu, Nepal (VNKT) to Paro, Bhutan (VQPR) particularly a landing on Rwy 33.

Bergen, Norway (ENBR) to Vagar, Faroe Isles (EKVG)

Neither destination has an ILS. Happy VFR flying!

Iain Smith

Thought of another one:-

Parma, Sicily, Italy (LIMP) to Kerkira, Corfu, Greece (LGKR)

Depending on the weather you will either have a straight in approach to Rw 33 or a circle to land on to Rw 15. There is no ILS.

Iain Smith

+FP IFR|{your tail#}|{your a/c type}| KSAN-NAV CHALLENGE-KLAX | ALT BLOCK 030-070

I'd like to try this challenge, Geoff. Should be good fun as a challenge.

Is this all I need? Are there no VOR and ADF frequencies to navigate by? Or is the piece under Good Luck the actual FP and I take it that Rxxx are the VOR radials and the frequencies are listed after the waypoints?