Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

ORBX 33% off sale

Guess i've purchased my last orbx product. Any ANY price. However good it might be.Voting with one's wallet is the only thing that some companies 'respect'.

There releases were due out earlier, but got behind in the finish. This made bad timing with a preset, annual sale like every year.....Oh well.....get over it guys....its not like they sell shoddy work and screw people over all the time...bad timing.

Orbx cooked their pre-order business by design. The decision to milk it for all it was worth prior to cooking it for good was also done by design. The resultant backlash was clearly anticipated and it was deemed to be manageable. Simple as that.Anyone expecting anything else from a business entity simply fails to understand the nature of what a business entity is.
Have to agree..However it became a harsh reality for most as they have been building what they thought would be a "trust" relationship with the developer.But yeah I also think they decided they will be able to manage the small revolution... in a month or two all is forgotten and most will buy again from ORBX and in the mean time they laugh all the way to the bank after milking those "trusting" customers.. and I am sure it will continue to happen in future. Its surely not the first time and surely it is not going to be the last time. it all depends if you going to be a sucker again or if you going to learn a lesson from this. "Business can be a rude place when mammon become your god."So yes ORBX customers have been MILKED big time and ORBX know it well. This was a very well planned and calculated business decision that was taken.
There releases were due out earlier, but got behind in the finish. This made bad timing with a preset, annual sale like every year.....Oh well.....get over it guys....its not like they sell shoddy work and screw people over all the time...bad timing.
Bad timing my &@($*.. Rather a case of really "Bad" business principles having a sale 2 days after the release (more likely "bad screwing" their customers). If they fall behind schedule, They should have known better to exclude these items release just prior to the sale.

"It is the backstabbing and the bad-mouthing" Well yeah, you're a moron. Backstbbing? Bad mouthing? OMG, get a grip and stick your PNW or whatever you bought that you're so ###### about up your &@($* and then come back to us smiling, goof.I've had enough of this...Off to the next thread....
With that attitude, please dont come back!

If they had said bad timing when the complaints poured in, they would have solved the matter immediately. But by calling folks selfish and ungrateful... What do they mean ungrateful? Maybe, after having been royally *****ed, we should have stood in line to kiss hands and say thanks.
and I am sure it will continue to happen in future. Its surely not the first time and surely it is not going to be the last time. it all depends if you going to be a sucker again or if you going to learn a lesson from this. "Business can be a rude place when mammon become your god."
Ethics and understanding still rule in many companies of the world. The smaller the segment of the market, as in flightsimming, the more critical these virtues, as deeds, good or bad, travel fast. Unfortunately, I just a discovered one company that doesn't qualify to them.

Yes, ORBX has a sale several times a year....we know this. BUT, new released products are never in the sale (at least not until today)Add to the fact that many people pre-paid ahead of time with the implication that all products would increase in price after Decemeber, you can surely see why regular customers are somewhat annyoyed.Orbx could have nipped this in the bud in many different ways but JV chose to go on the attack.

Panda, many/most of the people on this thread haven't lost out themselves. We're just watching the PR response to our fellow simmers and feeling a bit bemused...

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I think that many are missing a very important point. For years I thought that ORBX was building a business by creating satisfied customers. Customers willing to pay full price for the ability to download the scenery 24 hours before release. These loyal customers would also spread the word about this new amazing scenery. The customers would grow and grow. It was a great concept. It's the way businesses should be run; "serve the customer better than everyone else." But, years later we find out that the relationship is NOT that important at all.Let this be a lesson for all Devs. Don't spend years building a business based on loyal customers only to tell them later that "business is business." If you do, all the years you spend looking for customers were all for NOT. IMHO, I can freely discuss this, becuase as JV could put it, this is not about building friendships, and, I'm not their friend.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The other thread is locked and this one is still open? WOW! Time to grab some more popcorn!

Jay

here's my girl, she has cancer and her breathing is getting faster. How do I say, quicker? She's panting. It kills me, she is a daddy's girl, and I'm the daddy. Just my stuff I'm going through, as we all are...
Kinda makes this flightsim stuff seem secondary. Do what's best for her. You have my sympathy.

NAX669.png

And, lets get one thing VERY straight.... As orbx have made blatently clear; they are not working hard for US at all. The are working hard no doubt, but for themselves. I've no beef with that - just the manor in which they/he speaks to those who feed him.It's a real shame for the creators of such software, that this happens, as they can end up being tarred with the same brush.

And the PNW stuff? That dosn't count any more. Who cares about a few bucks here and there. Phoebe would be really happy with another few days...
At least it hasn't stopped you posting offensive rants on a flightsimming forum.

well of course they're not working for us, hello? They have a company and they do things that make the company succuessfull. I don't think they ever thought that I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!s like you would spam them, so they just did a sale. Now you have goofs like Dougal complaining and whining and screaming like little girls, so good on you Dougal. We're here to have fun and experience FSX to the max, and, sorry, that includes ORBX. Later....
And a merry, merry christmas to you too sir. Sigh...!Mods: Please be sure he's only trying to make sure the thread gets closed. I spent over 7 years having people shoot at me. Folk like him can't possibly hurt or offend me LOL.gif

@panda234I won't make any comment on your "child''s health and I wish her the best.Now, I will ask you to remain polite and friendly on this forum and to leave this thread which is already borderline.Thanks

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.