Sign in to follow this  
Lynxboy

Recommendation for light aircraft...

Guest jahman

Get the RealAir Turbine Duke: Will get you in (900 ft) and out (1,000 ft) of the smallest airports like the Cub, but quite unlike the Cub you can climb to FL280 and cruise at 290 KTAS for an 1,100 NM range. Specs here.You get a discount if you also buy the Piston Duke (when buying direct from RealAir.)Cheers,- jahman.

I love the lancair too but it's not the best for small strips. It's challenging to put it down on some of those sub-3000 fters.... It's mainly meant for high speed en route cruising.I'd either look at the Aerosoft Katana 4x (pretty slow though, about 100 kts) or the Carenado T210M/C337.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm not sure if the sale is still going on but there was a pretty awesome sale for IRIS aircraft recently; I got myself the Diamond Star XLS. But I'd definitely recommend a Carenado above all else. I got the C337H recently and it's the best Carenado plane I've flown yet. The VC, especially lit up at night, is beautiful.

All I have to recommend are the CT210M Centurion by Carenado, and the Diamond DA20 4X from Aerosoft. I have the 377H, but haven't played with it yet.The Centurion is just a great plane, forgiving, and relatively easy on frames, and the DA20 has maybe the best maintenence model I've seen(i.e. you can break stuff, wash stuff,etc..) as well as easy frames

c337h and katana 4x (with gns530) for vfr slow'n low. the new bronco is also great for vfr over orbx scenery.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

TBH, I wouldn't want your job at this time. There are SO many really good products out there. Good luck!
Tell me about it, Ron. What as task I'd chosen, I didn't realise how many great products there are available.In the end, after much deliberation and thought, I went for the Carenado CT210 Centurion. I did a relatively quick flight from Banff to Golden in it and was impressed at the exterior and interior - very detailed and looks great not to mention how good it is on the frames as well. I also did a quick flight around the Edmonton area and again, frames held well and NRM scenery really clear and detailed. Just what I wanted.Thanks for your advice gents, much appreciated.Ad

RealAir Beechcraft Duke B60. A lovely plane to fly, very stable and precise, and with an excellent 3D model, VC and textures.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My favorite light aircraft is Ant's Airplanes Tecnam: excellent on frames, simple with a basic autopilot, nice flight model. Whenever I want to explore an area, this is always the plane I load.

Bearing in mind your request was for a plane for NRM, so I guess a plane that can drop in and out of short strips. As Ron suggested earlier, the Sib Wings is, IMO, the perfect choice for this kind of flying, which has great characteristics. The Orbx lancair and Realair Duke (piston) are both superb planes, especially the Duke, but need a pretty long TO run. The Carenado C185 is a fabulous aircraft, albeit a taildragger. Of course one of my old time favourites is the Katana. This aircraft is superb for low and slow flying, especially with a short TO run. Not a lot of power and so top speed is a little restrictive and also if you have any high altitude airfields. Lots of good planes suggested here, so good luck! EDIT: My favourite GA of all time is the RealAir Duke.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The default Maule is a favourite of mine, especially at the price. Nice VC, IFR avionics, and excellent visibility all round.

Petraeus

Flavour of the month is Bay Tower's RV7. Great little plane with super sounds, terrific visibility, aerobatic or moochin' around + good support from a man who seems to care.. Admittedly it still has a beta label on it but I think most developers would have released it as finished...personally, I think it's done but there are some picky buggers out there! :D Having said that, I couldn't possibly argue with Sibwing's BirdDog, Carenado's C337(their best yet) or A2A's CubTBH, I wouldn't want your job at this time. There are SO many really good products out there. Good luck!
Yes.-This is one gets my vote as well.Good stuff!

FWIW, I enjoy creating photoscenery and my favorite aircraft for testing it is Carenado's 206 Stationair. It gives me a nice blend of speed, ease of flight, and outside visibility.Rich