Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spen2

How long in a Stearman?

Assuming I could fill the tank up every 300 NM or so, how long would it take to reach the west coast of the US? Taking off from say....Hilo International Airport as an example.

plus same time back to Hawaii because you cannot land on the west coast :-)

Well technically, by the time he reached a westerly sided coast of anywhere, he'll be able to land back at hawaii

Assuming I could fill the tank up every 300 NM or so, how long would it take to reach the west coast of the US? Taking off from say....Hilo International Airport as an example.
Head or tail wind?

Front wind or tail wind?Head or tail wind?
I was waiting for someone to ask that. Lets say a 10 knot tailwind, as a little help :)

ok, got bored of waiting for an answer. Fsau wasn't far off. I reckon about 23 hours and 40 minutes with a cruising speed of eighty kts. A distance of approximately 2129 nautical miles to KLAX. Not forgetting the 10 knot tail wind of course!Might give it a try. I'll let you know what I find, unless I forget to top up the fuel and end up ditching somewhere in the pacific...Edit: why can't i write 'eighty' in numbers without it showing a smiley?

I know how to calculate myself - but his 8 0 (eighty) written in numbers resulted in a smiley mega_shok.gif, which was kind of funny. Ok, back to topic...Edit: BTW, nice flying calculator!

Use this calculator.Cheers,- jahman.
Very useful tool. Thanks!I was quite close then :) PHTO (19°43'13"N 155°02'54"W) KLAX (33°56'33"N 118°24'29"W) 58° (NE) 2128 nm 23:39

It would take about an hour and then you would hit the edge of the 'world'. Ever seen 'The Truman Show'? :(
I was thinking that since flight simulation seems to be regressing, maybe in Flight the Earth is still flat and you might fall off the edge...

With no air refuling available, just how would you "fill 'er up?"

Guest jahman
It would take about an hour and then you would hit the edge of the 'world'. Ever seen 'The Truman Show'? :(
An add for a consumer product like Coca-Cola would appear and you would have to click "Like", but this would only work if your MS Live account was linked to your Facebook account. Otherwise you're SOF (just like SOL, but for Fuel).Cheers,- jahman.

That's the best Flight mission so far - “Escape from Hawaii"Just don't drop Wilson...wilson? Wilson... Wilson!!!

That's the best Flight mission so far - “Escape from Hawaii"
In Flight you'd end up in the Twilight Zone...

With the 'F' button of course ;)

Does it work when airborne? (That was a rhetorical question, by the way...)

Not possible !Fred.

Personally, I won't have to fly back to Hawaii because I will have purchased the west coast DLC. But, I guess if you are just going to get the free engine and aren't willing to pay for everything that makes the engine sing, I suppose you'll have to fly back. . .

Does it work when airborne? (That was a rhetorical question, by the way...)
Not possible !Fred.
You are right, it doesn't work in the air. You can add fuel using the hanger in the map menu while airbourne though.

So spen2, have you started the flight yet?
Managed about an hour so far....only another 22 hours an 39 minutes to go. I'm half expecting some MS branded F16 fighters to shoot me down if i go much farther!

Managed about an hour so far....only another 22 hours an 39 minutes to go. I'm half expecting some MS branded F16 fighters to shoot me down if i go much farther!
OK, lolKeep us posted on your progress.