Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

New Aircraft Hint

What's throwing me off with their picture is how thin and narrow the prop shaft looks.. It comes off like it's a two blade prop on some small single engine trainer.. Then you look at size of the spinner and engine and it throws you right back to where you began.. WTH is that? :LMAO:
I'm in the same boat. It was probably intentional to keep us guessing.

I think that we will be able to fly from one to the other in the next DLC so there must be a jet coming.
I think that you are correct on this one. But I actually feel inclined to believe that they will only include a small private jet rather than a large airliner.

Yup, notwithstanding some other details being a bit off for a Mitsbubishi, that thin prop means there is no way it is an A6M, unless it is a very badly modeled one. With regard to jets which may be forthcoming to fly across the ocean, I suspect they'd stick something like a VLJ in there rather than a 747. I just hope they don't put a classic such as the F-86 with no cockpit in there, as they did with the Mustang.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm not so sure that it is a prop...the shaft is far too small! no prop blade is that little, unless their artwork is really bad, and I don't think that is the case....I think we may all be duped here....

the thin prop - I'm thinking (not that THAT should be trusted) what is being shown is the smaller "shaft" portion of a controllable pitch propellor, prior to widening out to the blade itself. it's a sneaky angle, but my bet is on a Goose.

You win 12 Cargo Jobs in a Maule overloaded with... monkeys. Congratulations, Peter! :LMAO:Best regards.Luis

It's a radial prop - there's a hole in the spinner much bigger than the blade appears, so it's fairly well feathered in the pic which makes it hard to gauge the width of the blade. About an inch in from the bottom right corner there is a cylinder head. A Norseman wasn't something I'd considered, although I don't think they had a spinner, just a hub. And I din't think the cowl wraps around the front as much as it shows there. That would be a good choice.Mike

Did some playing around with the Default FSX Goose to see if I could get that same angle without catching any part of the plane in the picture. Not perfect, but you be the judge.Image1.jpg

Honestly, its not what I thought it was. The blade and spinner are all wrong, and same for the engine opening. Now im just as puzzled as everyone... Hummmm... The ring just aft of the spinner is also not what I remember. Hummmm... I guess im in the same boat now as everyone else. Now that I know its now my own work, I guess I can guess with everyone. Im 100% sure its the business end of a radial engine. You can see the cooling fins on a cylinder head on the upper left. You can also see push-rods going out to each cylinder head. The prop coming out of the spinner is all wrong. Im not sure if its just poorly modeled, but turbo-props do have those thin blades, but this is clearly not a TP. Im guessing its just poor modeling on the blade. The thing thats throwing me off is #1, the HUGE spinner, and #2, the NARROW gap between the spinner and the NACA cowling. This to me indicates speed. I.E. racer or warbird. Think FW-190 or Sea Fury. I just dont see that being the focus of Flight even with the P-51. Early piston engine airliners did have a LOT of streamlining on the cowelings, so if I had to guess, it would be this.332383747_fd67b05160_z.jpg?zz=1NOW LET ME MAKE THIS 100% CLEAR!!!! I do NOT have ANY knolege of the above EVER being in the plans of Flight. If it is, its 100% a suprise to me!!! Considering the next DLC is Alaska, its a very real posibility considering there are a LOT of these flying in Alaska.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

DC-6? or 7? I just don't see how you could get the picture they have, at the angle they have it with something like that. How did they not get any secondary parts of the plane in the shot? Don't get me wrong, that would be really, really and once again really sweet.

Yeah that spinner is gigantic.. That's why when I first saw it I thought Super Corsair then saw the engine clear as day and realized that can't be it either.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

DC-6? or 7? I just don't see how you could get the picture they have, at the angle they have it with something like that. How did they not get any secondary parts of the plane in the shot? Don't get me wrong, that would be really, really and once again really sweet.
If the camera is near the inboard engine, looking to the outboard and up, you wont see anything but cowling. I have an eye for things like this. Its part of my job to see shapes in 2D images and relate them into 3D models. Trust me. It can be done. The dev's have a LOT better camera control then we do, so dont relate things to your own limitations.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Thing is, unless (again) angles are playing tricks that engine definitely appears to be sitting at an angle suggesting a taildragger.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I am pretty sure you are right. Either way you have got me installing the Just Flight DC-6 demo so I can attempt to find out.....dang you :smile: