Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

I strongly recommend changing all the springs out for rubber bands, mine is soo smooth!

I´ve heared of that mod but I´m unsure whether I can get that thing done. But i´m certainly thinking of that.

I was pretty much a novice at this stuff, but I was able to succeed. Everything just fits together in its place. If anything now its maybe too light but that can be adjusted with rubber band tightness.

Thought I would introduce myself, I've been bouncing around forums getting info for my new FSX set up for quite a while now. I started with FS 98, still have all the other versions also with the manuals on my shelf. I got into saltwater reef aquariums (my avatar) years ago and put my flying and Flt sim on the back burner, can't have to many expensive hobbies at once!. In 2009 we remodeled and I built myself a sim desk (pic below) set up TH2go and built a nice computer with three monitors. I would fly it once in a while, liked VC in the C172 and B737, worked great, good frame rates, never looked for much else.

Last year after my new aquarium was set up and running, it's pretty much automated and the only thing to do was clean and enjoy it, I decided to get back into flight sim, I couldn't believe all the new stuff available. I bought some Satik panels, hooked up a fourth monitor for a panel, found some sites and a manual, forgot what a PIA FSX was but all in all got it going and I really like the new set up. I've done a few flights on Vatsim and spent weeks learning to land on a carrier.

Anyway Thanks for the forum and all the time everyone puts in to help answer questions, I would have given up if it wasn't for sites like this, There just isn't anyway to figure out all this stuff on your own!

fsxdesk-1.jpg

Here is the new set up, I wasn't going to post it, maybe I went a little overboard but what the heck!

IMG_4328.jpg

Thanks again

Steve

ASUS P8Z68, Intel core I7 2600K, EVGA GTX 580, Matrox Triple head2go, GSkill 4x 4G, Windows 7 64bit

3x Samsung 24" Dell Touch screen (panel), Saitek yoke, 2x throttle quadrant, multipanel, radio panel, swicth panel,

Hi and welcome to Avsim.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Here are picures of my setup as of April 7, 2012:

6121.jpg

1432.jpg

9263.jpg

My computer specifications:

i7 2700K @ 5.0 Ghz, ASUS P8P67-B3 Deluxe MB, Zotac 580 GTX OC @ 900Mhz, 8g Mushkin Redline 1600mhz DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24, Corsair Modular 850w PSU, 2 x G.Skill 120g SSDs, 640g & 1T HDs, Cooler Master HAF 942 case, Fatal1ty X-Fi Xtreme Audio/ Bose sound, W7-64 Home, TR5 Pro, 40 inch LCD, 19 inch LCD, Logitech wireless headphones/mic, Laptop for Teamspeak, Saitek yoke, pedals and stick.

My setup as of April 7, 2012.

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7 2700K@4.8GHZ [HT Off] (Stable @ 1.344VCore)

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard

RAM: Corsair XMS3 CL9 8GB DDR3-1866 RAM [9-10-9-27-2T]

Watercooling: Corsair H100 CPU Liquid-Cooling Kit

Power Supply: Corsair AX850 Power Supply

Case: Corsair Carbide 400R

Graphics Card: EVGA GTX580 OC@950MHZ

Harddrives: ADATA 120GB SSD-FSX || Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD-BF3 || Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM [Windows 7 64Bit]

14y4txu.jpg

veyq9y.jpg

35ck3rr.jpg

k9z13p.jpg

29awidj.jpg

SpirtFlyer

Doesn't having your computer case up on your desk, make it awfully loud?

John

Found the lost topic and moved it back where it belongs.

My current setup

7056815007_751f7a0e86_c.jpg

6910733816_a746eea7eb_c.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi running Gmap. Sometimes I use that, sometimes I use my laptop with PlanG.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors