Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

QualityWings BAE 146

I think I'll wait patiently for the QW version no matter how long it takes. Much as JF are also bringing their version out, I'm afraid, of late what I've bought from them(DC-3, Comet, Viscount)has not inspired me to be tempted buy anything else from them, even a discounted prices!

The very nature of the announcment makes the entire release look sloppy and makes me question the value and quality of the finished product.

Hello

It did not make people question the quality of the 757, that one seemed to work out quite well for them.

Did not seem to give i-fly any sales problems either.

Looks phenomenal, hope the FSX release is native and optimized. Reading "for both FS9 and FSX" makes me a bit nervous about the performance in FSX, since I've flown my share of port over aircrafts.

Looks stunning. High hopes for this one.

Hello

It did not make people question the quality of the 757, that one seemed to work out quite well for them.

Did not seem to give i-fly any sales problems either.

I was going to respond, but see 747-fan's response qouted below. It says everything I was going to say anyway!

Looks phenomenal, hope the FSX release is native and optimized. Reading "for both FS9 and FSX" makes me a bit nervous about the performance in FSX, since I've flown my share of port over aircrafts.

Looks stunning. High hopes for this one.

Guys,

Rather than speculate the crap out of the product, maybe one should read their forums, and maybe ask questions. Their marketing decision may not be in everyone's favor, but as someone mentioned I am sure that there are reasons for this. They do also realize that there is still a FS2004 market, and I applaud them for going the extra mile to facilitate that platform.

The very nature of the announcment makes the entire release look sloppy and makes me question the value and quality of the finished product.

Even if its NOT a port of an FS9 product into FSX thats what people will now be thinking based on the released information.

I tend to disagree with you in your first statement Glenn, If I read it correctly they have clearly stated what their intentions are regarding the stages of their phases of the release. Value, well from the looks of it they are multiple variants being released for the same price, unlike other developers that charge additionally for additional variants - that I would say is good value. Quality - well as with any product all one can go by at this time are the pictures and video provided by Quality Wings. Based on what has been displayed thus far it appears to be fairly impressive. As I stated I have not read much into their forums regarding this aircraft, so I don't know level of systems simulation will be replicated (Time will tell)

From what I have read from the excerpt in their forum which I glanced over quickly...some of the answers may be listed below

What does the product include and will it be released all at once?

The Ultimate 146 Collection will be released in three stages. See below for details:

With the first stage you get the Avro RJ70, RJ85 and RJ100 for FS9 only. This includes:

-three exterior models (RJ70, RJ85, RJ100)

-a full 2D Panel (widescreen and normal aspect ratio)

-Autopilot with VNAV, LNAV, Level Change and Autoland

-FMC, capable of SIDS, STARS, Altitude Restrictions, Holdings, Fixes, etc.

-fully simulated Electric, Fuel, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems

-Virtual Cockpit with parallel functionality as the 2D and advanced multi-stage night lighting

-full ALF507 sound-set

-full flight-dynamics suite for each variant

-QualityWings Dispatcher to manage your repaints and aircraft load

-large selection of high quality repaints (~30 liveries)

Following in the second stage as a FREE update:

-FSX Product compatibility

-native FSX models including QWHDT High Resolution Textures (utilizing FSX’s advanced materials such as Spec- and Bump-Maps)

-updated Virtual Cockpit with High Resolution Textures

-high quality repaints in standard definition and QWHDT (not ALL repaints might get available in QWHDT, but the popular ones will for sure)

In the third FREE update we give you:

-BAe146-100 and -200 aircraft models with full analogue flight-deck

-BAe146-300 aircraft model with an early EFIS style flight-deck

-GNS-XLS FMC

-FS9 and FSX Product compatibility.

Come on guys, many of us have been spoiled by some of the other big boys in the game, but do realize, these big boys had to start somewhere as well and went through some of the same teething pains.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

And, just to add, I've been watching Aerosofts thread about their BAE too - http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/35214-aerosoft-bae-146/ . I'm really rather excited by it all - I love this plane ever since I went from Gatwick to Bologna so many years ago. I enjoyed Aerosoft's City Commuter package, despite it's lack of VC, then Hannity's rendition that never seemed to progress (not taking away from what he achieved, mind).

It's good that we've got a good regional in the pipeline.

~Sigh. Like London buses. You wait for ages, then three come along at once...

Louise

London, UK

Anyone who has any question about the quality of the Quality Wings 146 should take a look at these screen shots

http://qwsim.flight1...ockpit-previews

Looks fantastic. The QW 757 remains one of my favourite FSX airliners. It flies right, sounds right, looks right.

I'll be buying the QW 146 when the FSX version is released if it's the same quality as their 757.

Adam

I'll be buying the QW 146 when the FSX version is released if it's the same quality as their 757.

After reading about just the new lighting in the 146, I think they raised the bar a few notches! :-)

Just saw this , it should answer concerns about 'port overs'...

http://qwsim.com/index.php/146-family-faq

Jay

I tend to agree, this 146 will surely be a remarkable addition to my FSX collection.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Can't wait to emulate Prince Charles and land the 146 at 35 knots over the recommended approach speed on a 4,000 foot runway, bursting a tire and running off the runway causing a million quid's worth of damage to the aircraft.

Oooh, those Royals and their comedy antics eh? Gawd Blessem. Time to warm up TSR Autobrake and do a runway profile for EGPI methinks LOL

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Al, at this rate you will not be lined up for a dubbing of that Royal Sword on your shoulders and those words, " Arise.........." !! It will the Tower for you.

After that incident, a tower is the last thing Prince Chuck is likely to want to get involved with. :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

After that incident, a tower is the last thing Prince Chuck is likely to want to get involved with. :LMAO:

Al

Don't blame you. But maybe as he is touring with his 'Mama' in the NW, perhaps you can ask him about that landing? We used to dread him coming into Northolt where the Royal Flight Dominies were stationed.

if the fsx update is free I could buy the fs9 version and just port it over until the fsx version comes out i suppose.....has anybody tried using this in fsx?

thanks lee