Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosswind

QualityWings BAE 146

I happened to be looking at Flight1 for an add-on and came across the link for QW's upcoming BAE146

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=qw146

Get you cards ready ladies and gents.

Simeon Richardson  a.k.a (KROSWYND / KILO_WHISKEY)

Majestic Software Development/Support
Aircraft Dispatcher (ATP)

Banner_MJC8.png
FS2004 & FSX Videos

Personally, I'm somewhat put off by the convoluted nature of the release and the fact that the FS9 one is coming first, although when it is all finally out, I'll probably end up considering it, although there is also the JF one on the way as well soon, so that's two races QW have on their hands now, one against Aerosim getting the English version of their 787 out, and one against JF getting their 146 out.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ya, I have no idea why they are doing the FS9 version first, o well, it looks like a nice plane but its just not my cup of tea, the only developer I trsut to make Airliner Addons is PMDG, Level-D, Flight Sim Labs any one else I will wait to see what the reviews are.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

although there is also the JF one on the way as well soon

Hello Al

Is the JF version the one being done by CLS ?

I was in East London over the last few days. Sat for hours watching those babies go in and out. That really is some approach!

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

The VC in that 146 looks really well done..

Agree with you about EGLC, Dougal..Those 146' pull UP fast after rotation, and seem to just drop in over Docklands..Got a mate who lives in a boat right under the flight path...They are quiet, though...Have to be for all of the NAP over East-London

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the FSX version of the Avro RJ. It's frustrating that the FS9 version is being done first, but what can you do? That's the decision they made. On a side note.....I really wish that BAE Systems had persevered with the RJX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ya, I have no idea why they are doing the FS9 version first, o well, it looks like a nice plane but its just not my cup of tea, the only developer I trsut to make Airliner Addons is PMDG, Level-D, Flight Sim Labs any one else I will wait to see what the reviews are.

I suspect they do the FS9 version first, because if they do it the other way around they might find out that the aircraft cannot be compiled for FS9.

And that's the problem with all these FS9+FSX addons: you're gonna get an FS9 aircraft that has been made compatible with FSX but uses little or none of FSX's extended capabilities.

Regards,

Tom

I absolutely love the mini-jumbo, but releasing the FS9 version first? Come on... They must have their reasons, but still...

Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.7GHz · 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3800 14-15-12 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

Justflight them selves are making the 800XP.

And the JF 146 is the CLS one, and I seriously hope their cockpit textures are better than the ones on their 767.

Jack Cannon

And that's the problem with all these FS9+FSX addons: you're gonna get an FS9 aircraft that has been made compatible with FSX but uses little or none of FSX's extended capabilities.

+1

The very nature of the announcment makes the entire release look sloppy and makes me question the value and quality of the finished product.

Even if its NOT a port of an FS9 product into FSX thats what people will now be thinking based on the released information.

Glenn

Ryzen 3700X, X570 Pro Wifi, 32GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia Titan Xp "Galactic Empire", RM750x PSU, H700 case, 2x NVMe M2 SSD, 1x SATA SSD

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

33%
    $8,485.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now