Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosswind

QualityWings BAE 146

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Personally, I'm somewhat put off by the convoluted nature of the release and the fact that the FS9 one is coming first, although when it is all finally out, I'll probably end up considering it, although there is also the JF one on the way as well soon, so that's two races QW have on their hands now, one against Aerosim getting the English version of their 787 out, and one against JF getting their 146 out.

Al

Ya, I have no idea why they are doing the FS9 version first, o well, it looks like a nice plane but its just not my cup of tea, the only developer I trsut to make Airliner Addons is PMDG, Level-D, Flight Sim Labs any one else I will wait to see what the reviews are.

although there is also the JF one on the way as well soon

Hello Al

Is the JF version the one being done by CLS ?

I was in East London over the last few days. Sat for hours watching those babies go in and out. That really is some approach!

The VC in that 146 looks really well done..

Agree with you about EGLC, Dougal..Those 146' pull UP fast after rotation, and seem to just drop in over Docklands..Got a mate who lives in a boat right under the flight path...They are quiet, though...Have to be for all of the NAP over East-London

j

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the FSX version of the Avro RJ. It's frustrating that the FS9 version is being done first, but what can you do? That's the decision they made. On a side note.....I really wish that BAE Systems had persevered with the RJX.

Ya, I have no idea why they are doing the FS9 version first, o well, it looks like a nice plane but its just not my cup of tea, the only developer I trsut to make Airliner Addons is PMDG, Level-D, Flight Sim Labs any one else I will wait to see what the reviews are.

I suspect they do the FS9 version first, because if they do it the other way around they might find out that the aircraft cannot be compiled for FS9.

And that's the problem with all these FS9+FSX addons: you're gonna get an FS9 aircraft that has been made compatible with FSX but uses little or none of FSX's extended capabilities.

I absolutely love the mini-jumbo, but releasing the FS9 version first? Come on... They must have their reasons, but still...

Justflight them selves are making the 800XP.

And the JF 146 is the CLS one, and I seriously hope their cockpit textures are better than the ones on their 767.

And that's the problem with all these FS9+FSX addons: you're gonna get an FS9 aircraft that has been made compatible with FSX but uses little or none of FSX's extended capabilities.

+1

The very nature of the announcment makes the entire release look sloppy and makes me question the value and quality of the finished product.

Even if its NOT a port of an FS9 product into FSX thats what people will now be thinking based on the released information.

I think I'll wait patiently for the QW version no matter how long it takes. Much as JF are also bringing their version out, I'm afraid, of late what I've bought from them(DC-3, Comet, Viscount)has not inspired me to be tempted buy anything else from them, even a discounted prices!

The very nature of the announcment makes the entire release look sloppy and makes me question the value and quality of the finished product.

Hello

It did not make people question the quality of the 757, that one seemed to work out quite well for them.

Did not seem to give i-fly any sales problems either.

Looks phenomenal, hope the FSX release is native and optimized. Reading "for both FS9 and FSX" makes me a bit nervous about the performance in FSX, since I've flown my share of port over aircrafts.

Looks stunning. High hopes for this one.

Hello

It did not make people question the quality of the 757, that one seemed to work out quite well for them.

Did not seem to give i-fly any sales problems either.

I was going to respond, but see 747-fan's response qouted below. It says everything I was going to say anyway!

Looks phenomenal, hope the FSX release is native and optimized. Reading "for both FS9 and FSX" makes me a bit nervous about the performance in FSX, since I've flown my share of port over aircrafts.

Looks stunning. High hopes for this one.

Guys,

Rather than speculate the crap out of the product, maybe one should read their forums, and maybe ask questions. Their marketing decision may not be in everyone's favor, but as someone mentioned I am sure that there are reasons for this. They do also realize that there is still a FS2004 market, and I applaud them for going the extra mile to facilitate that platform.

Even if its NOT a port of an FS9 product into FSX thats what people will now be thinking based on the released information.

I tend to disagree with you in your first statement Glenn, If I read it correctly they have clearly stated what their intentions are regarding the stages of their phases of the release. Value, well from the looks of it they are multiple variants being released for the same price, unlike other developers that charge additionally for additional variants - that I would say is good value. Quality - well as with any product all one can go by at this time are the pictures and video provided by Quality Wings. Based on what has been displayed thus far it appears to be fairly impressive. As I stated I have not read much into their forums regarding this aircraft, so I don't know level of systems simulation will be replicated (Time will tell)

From what I have read from the excerpt in their forum which I glanced over quickly...some of the answers may be listed below

What does the product include and will it be released all at once?

The Ultimate 146 Collection will be released in three stages. See below for details:

With the first stage you get the Avro RJ70, RJ85 and RJ100 for FS9 only. This includes:

-three exterior models (RJ70, RJ85, RJ100)

-a full 2D Panel (widescreen and normal aspect ratio)

-Autopilot with VNAV, LNAV, Level Change and Autoland

-FMC, capable of SIDS, STARS, Altitude Restrictions, Holdings, Fixes, etc.

-fully simulated Electric, Fuel, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems

-Virtual Cockpit with parallel functionality as the 2D and advanced multi-stage night lighting

-full ALF507 sound-set

-full flight-dynamics suite for each variant

-QualityWings Dispatcher to manage your repaints and aircraft load

-large selection of high quality repaints (~30 liveries)

Following in the second stage as a FREE update:

-FSX Product compatibility

-native FSX models including QWHDT High Resolution Textures (utilizing FSX’s advanced materials such as Spec- and Bump-Maps)

-updated Virtual Cockpit with High Resolution Textures

-high quality repaints in standard definition and QWHDT (not ALL repaints might get available in QWHDT, but the popular ones will for sure)

In the third FREE update we give you:

-BAe146-100 and -200 aircraft models with full analogue flight-deck

-BAe146-300 aircraft model with an early EFIS style flight-deck

-GNS-XLS FMC

-FS9 and FSX Product compatibility.

Come on guys, many of us have been spoiled by some of the other big boys in the game, but do realize, these big boys had to start somewhere as well and went through some of the same teething pains.

And, just to add, I've been watching Aerosofts thread about their BAE too - http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/35214-aerosoft-bae-146/ . I'm really rather excited by it all - I love this plane ever since I went from Gatwick to Bologna so many years ago. I enjoyed Aerosoft's City Commuter package, despite it's lack of VC, then Hannity's rendition that never seemed to progress (not taking away from what he achieved, mind).

It's good that we've got a good regional in the pipeline.

~Sigh. Like London buses. You wait for ages, then three come along at once...

Anyone who has any question about the quality of the Quality Wings 146 should take a look at these screen shots

http://qwsim.flight1...ockpit-previews

Looks fantastic. The QW 757 remains one of my favourite FSX airliners. It flies right, sounds right, looks right.

I'll be buying the QW 146 when the FSX version is released if it's the same quality as their 757.

Adam

I'll be buying the QW 146 when the FSX version is released if it's the same quality as their 757.

After reading about just the new lighting in the 146, I think they raised the bar a few notches! :-)

Just saw this , it should answer concerns about 'port overs'...

http://qwsim.com/index.php/146-family-faq

I tend to agree, this 146 will surely be a remarkable addition to my FSX collection.