Sign in to follow this  
AZsoccer

ALASKA RELEASED

Thanks jcomm. That confirms it is the old NAVAIDs. Good luck to everybody trying to find the out of date FAA publications. It's a shame they are so adamant about only selling the most current versions, but I understand they don't want real world pilots flying with outdated info.

Get your dirt-cheap Expired Sectional Charts "For Training/Simulation Only" right here: http://www.mypilotst...tstore/sep/7089

They do have Anchorage in-stock, so get them while they last. Mine is already on the way!

Nice catch RoboRay. Any idea where out of date Airport Facility/Directories or Terminal Procedures can be acquired?

So there is no new planes?

WTH! the new push cub is not a plane.

Icon at the seaplane bases? That should be interesting.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Waiting for it to be available on Steam. I still can't download from the xbox marketplace. :(

Marketplace keeps asking me for an American billing address. I'm really close to giving it a fake address because I know it doesn't matter, as long as I give them a correct credit card.

I think the problem is my Live ID is for some reason American and can't be changed. I am thinking about perhaps creating a new Live ID with a new Hotmail address, making sure it's "Canadian" thus making it possible to enter a Canadian billing address, and attaching it to my current gamertag.

Or I could just wait for this thing to come out on Steam. I think the latter.....I am REALLY hoping that happens today!

Nice catch RoboRay. Any idea where out of date Airport Facility/Directories or Terminal Procedures can be acquired?

Sorry, no idea.

A friend who's still in the Navy got a recently-expired AF/D for Alaska, along with High and Low charts for me from his squadron's chart room, saving them from the shredder, but they didn't have any VFR charts so I ordered my own.

if anyone has the time and can do me a favor to post a picture of how the end of the scenery looks like towards the south were the area covered by the alaska pack looks like ????? i was just wondering if it looks faded out or just the blury textures we get with uncovered terrain on it may say coming soon.????

Image removed as image is no longer available.

But let's wait for someone who can check the ILS-feather-count in-game.

I count 36 feathers. I see many other navaids, even NDBs in Russia and Canada (go figure). Listed approximately south to north, back and forth east-west, physical count of feathers as follows:

ICDB

IAKN

IDLG

IADQ

IHOM

IENA

IANC

ITGN

IBSC

IEDF

IVDZ

ICDV

IYAK

IJDL

ISIT

IPSG

IRGL

IECH

IBET

ISMA

IANI

IMCG

IOME

IUNK

IGAL

ICNA

IFAI

IEIL

IEAF

IBIG

IOTZ

IBTT

IECD

ISCC

IUBW

IBRW

I'll be glad to count other navaids but I won't count the airports as their are many and they only appear at a high zoom.

Respects, Bob...

Any idea where out of date Airport Facility/Directories or Terminal Procedures can be acquired?

If you own a reasonable EFB for iPad (like FSK2 - not advertising here!!) It has most AFD and TP's for the continental US in it..They are probably up to date..hang on; I'll check...Yup; certainly got PAEE and PASI and PAKT

obv. not much use if you don't have a FondleSlab, but there are Android equivalents (and don't FSC and FSB and Aivlasoft have them all in? - (I'll check that when I get in)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I am amazed that it is so cheap !

Thanks MS.

Fred.

Waiting for it to be available on Steam. I still can't download from the xbox marketplace. :sad:

Marketplace keeps asking me for an American billing address. I'm really close to giving it a fake address because I know it doesn't matter, as long as I give them a correct credit card.

I think the problem is my Live ID is for some reason American and can't be changed. I am thinking about perhaps creating a new Live ID with a new Hotmail address, making sure it's "Canadian" thus making it possible to enter a Canadian billing address, and attaching it to my current gamertag.

Or I could just wait for this thing to come out on Steam. I think the latter.....I am REALLY hoping that happens today!

Yeah that's the problem Spent 20 minutes on line chat support . Only to figure it out my self. The guy was a door knob. I created another Canadian Live id but was still not able to purchase it. i think there is also a problem downloading it through xbox Canada.

still managed to download all the free stuff from US XBox.

Have to wait for the steam clowns to put it up.

I count 36 feathers.

Sounds about right since there are a number of HI-ILS approaches that obviously share the same ILS feather as the standard approaches. As well, most of the LOCs are backcourses.

They are probably up to date..

Being up to date is the problem, since Flight is out of date and uses old NAVAIDs, thus requiring old approach plates. Obviously only if one insists on using FAA published procedures. For those who just approach and land willy-nilly freestyle this whole issue is a non-issue.

I'm really surprised at the price. I was honestly going to hold off after finding out that the Carbon Cub has no cockpit, but honestly, at $15, I would have bought Alaska without an aircraft being included (in fact, I think I would've preferred that *if* they had made the Carbon Cub a 'deluxe' plane.) So I bought Alaska, and will be keeping my fingers crossed that a good 'deluxe' bush plane becomes available soon.