Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The big Carbon Cub topic

Bought it. Like it. Something different. (Haven't flown the basic version so I can't and won't compare.) What I do like (for instance) is the new radio: it even has some (DRUM ROLL...) FEATURES!

1. When you set a VOR and have NAV enabled, you see the DME information on the left (nothing special) but when you click on the SEL button, you see the Direct to course, so the heading you need to fly to fly directly to the VOR station, without having to turn the OBS at ALL. I like that! Add or substract 180 and you also immediately know on which radial you are. Again, without having to turn the OBS knob.

2. When you press the OBS button you get a digital readout of your current OBS setting. Nice but not as nice as the SEL option.

The plane has an real high def feel over it: it looks pretty good and detailed, very sharp, but maybe that's also due to the modern appearance.

All in all it incomparable with the Maule, really... It's truly something different. Not the plane I was hoping for, let that be clear, but I am happy to have it in my hangar!

Can you use it for the landing challenges that were previously only available for the Basic Cub?

I really can't believe what people expect for nothing. If any of the people that complain about $15 should have gone through the money some of us have gone through flying FS9 ,FSX. Between addons, not to mention having to upgrade hardware. I know I have spent thousands. For many of us $15 for a plane is a lot better than 50 to70 dollars that can be so complicated you may never even be able to fly it. I think Flight is great.All you have to do is get in and fly. If you wan't something more, go get FSX or XPlane. You'll all be I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!ing about something.

If / When - I purchase the DX version will it take the place of the basic one or will I then have both versions in the roster?

both

I really can't believe what people expect for nothing. If any of the people that complain about $15 should have gone through the money some of us have gone through flying FS9 ,FSX. Between addons, not to mention having to upgrade hardware. I know I have spent thousands. For many of us $15 for a plane is a lot better than 50 to70 dollars that can be so complicated you may never even be able to fly it. I think Flight is great.All you have to do is get in and fly. If you wan't something more, go get FSX or XPlane. You'll all be I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!ing about something.

I totally agree. Flight itself is free; the downloads cost less than comparable FSX add-ons and yet people are still whining about their prices.

Click on T/F Button, it will do the math for you ;)

LOL I just came back here to post the very same. :wink:

will I then have both versions in the roster?

Yes, you will, unfortunately. EDIT O, runfmee already answered that question... :wink:

More features: the transponder shows the altitude and when you press 8 or 9 you can set the brightness of the transponder, radio and 'gps'! (8 is low, 9 is high)

both

Rats! :( But while I'm not fond of the message I do want to thank the messenger. :)

Thanks,

Tom Wunder

Great package and pretty much the only plane I fly in FSX. In Hawaii and Alaska believe it or not. Not as happy with the girl. She just seams a little to wimpy and is always to hot and wants the windows open. I don't think she really likes flying and is just humoring me for some reason.

I understand your point but I disagree with it as it pertains to my point which I guess I wasn't to clear about. I use advanced age as a defense. I could also point out many freeware add-ons that are quite amazing. So there are a plethora of add on planes that run from free to expensive that equal or exceed the cub offering.

Is the Alaska package worth the 30 bucks? Sure and now that I know that the wife's business van will cost only about 700 bucks to fix I will most likely buy the cub when it becomes available on Xbox Live. That said I still believe that many including myself look at this as an upgrade to an existing plane that costs as much as a deluxe plane which is why I perceive it as too expensive. Is it really? Maybe not compared to what I've spent on other planes or even the 15 bucks I spend each month to play the online Star Wars game or to go to a movie which just for the misses and I is about 50 bucks after she buys her popcorn, candy and frozen drink.

$50 to go to a movie. I watch movies on my Roku Box and Netflix for $8 month. In a year with the money I save, I could buy a real Cessna 150....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can you use it for the landing challenges that were previously only available for the Basic Cub?

Yes, just gave it a try!

I´m really impressed...i like a lot of things in this game...but i´ve been waiting for months to truly say something...here it goes...1...2...3....IT´S JUST AWESOME! :dance:

More features: the transponder shows the altitude and when you press 8 or 9 you can set the brightness of the transponder, radio and 'gps'! (8 is low, 9 is high)

It's interesting that they are implementing more than the minimal functionality on these items. I was expecting most of those buttons to be inactive.

I really can't believe what people expect for nothing.

Who said that? What post number?

If any of the people that complain about $15 should have gone through the money some of us have gone through flying FS9 ,FSX. Between addons, not to mention having to upgrade hardware. I know I have spent thousands.

Lots of people did.

For many of us $15 for a plane is a lot better than 50 to70 dollars that can be so complicated you may never even be able to fly it.

$15 is a good price to set for the Cub. Except when you consider how they are pricing all the other DLC. Rather than focusing on a single data-point, the price of one item, and ignoring all the other DLC, consider the price of the VC-Cub in context with all the other data available for Flight DLC-pricing. There's a forest (or at least a grove) there for you to look at, not just one tree.

I think Flight is great.All you have to do is get in and fly.

So do most of us.

If you wan't something more, go get FSX or XPlane. You'll all be I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!ing about something.

I can decide how to spend my own time and my own money, thank you.

I´m really impressed...i like a lot of things in this game...but i´ve been waiting for months to truly say something...here it goes...1...2...3....IT´S JUST AWESOME!

I totally agree. I can't understand the negative reaction of some people concerning the Cub, it is a hoot.. Yes, I would like something a bit faster, not jets please. I can wait as there is much to do here yet. I still go back to Hawaii and the Cub is really great there also. I guess Im just a low and slow kind of guy. I like to look out the window.

Well if you wait for a couple of weeks they will give it away for next to nothing on Steam.

As mentioned more than once it's not the dollar value it's the lack of marketing strategy by MS.

What does any of this stuff have to do with a fun little airplane to fly? I for one will not shoot myself in the foot just to stand on some lofly principle. I rather just go flying.

What does any of this stuff have to do with a fun little airplane to fly? I for one will not shoot myself in the foot just to stand on some lofly principle. I rather just go flying.

Fly on then..if the discussion bothers you don't post.

Rather than "the cup is half empty or the cup is half full" people, we seem to be getting a lot of "the cup is either empty or full, it can't be half way" people.

Moderate opinions are valid too, folks. You don't have to be one extreme or the other.

Having a problem with the way MS is doing something doesn't mean that person hates Flight and should go "do jets in FSX."