Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The big Carbon Cub topic

Oh, I will be buying it, I'm sure... I'm just going to wait to see if they announce an upgrade deal of some kind. The official Flight page still hasn't even announced the Cub being available.

I think that those that don't like the price should absolutely not buy it. Send a message to Microsoft, that those of us complaining about non-cockpit planes will not buy even if our request is honored; unless its at giveaway prices. We would rather hold our breaths and have a good pout; even with the known history that this will be available at some outrageously low price on steam fairly soon.

After all, why give up the opportunity for a good community thunderstorm?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hm, I knew this could happen but I am very surprised at the price... It's the same price as Alaska...?!? Which already had the Cub, be it without VC. So you could say the VC alone costs 15 dollars? I find that a bit odd.

Right, I mentioned this in one of the earlier speculation threads. The VC looks good, but since I don't mind flying outside the plane, I'll wait for the upgrade price or save my pennies for the next completely new deluxe plane or new map zone. I'm new to flight sims and although I have picked up FSX, I haven't been conditioned to paying the hundreds or thousands of dollars on addons over the years. I'm perfectly happy and patient enough to wait for sales (as I do with all other games).

Does anybody know if this aircraft has a working autopilot?

Yep! The mouse :-) It works perfectly as a FBW system, auto-trimming the aircraft for you... It's more like the CWS mode on an AP....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

C'on, all the discussions about the price is so useless. Be realistic, you yourself has all the latitude to buy this or any DLC or to leave it on Marketplace.

Even the returning postings about how much something have to cost is difficult enought.

The producer fixes his price, looks after some while if he has made some profit, advertise his sale ... and the consumer decides: to buy or not to buy! So simple as that.

So enjoy your game that you have bought ... thanks to the producers' marketingstategy.

What came with Hawaii? Wasn't it the RV? So it was 20 bucks for the area plus a deluxe plane. I think that the big issue here, at least for me is that they released Alaska for less then Hawaii and with a "half" plane. IMO the better choice would have been to wait on Alaska and include the deluxe cub for 30 bucks or not release the "half" cub with it. It's all about perception and right now many of us are feeling that we are not buying a deluxe plane but rather a patch or up grade to a previously released one that came with something already purchased. What will the future hold? An advanced Maule with a nice GPS or auto pilot for another 15 bucks because it's a "new" deluxe plane? Maybe another 15 bucks for floats on the cub. Such methods of release and pricing makes me feel like they are nickle and dimeing me to death with upgrades.

I'm sure I will break down and eventually buy the cub because I like the plane but I may wait for another Steam sale or some other package deal before I do.

Some more pictures. Trackir is a big help with this aircraft. There is a lot to look at inside. Love the over head manual flap handle. Kind of like the old "Johnson Bar" in older Piper aircraft, but those were mounted between the seats. Short field landing into the wind. It really helps to land into the wind with this aircraft when ever possiable.

C'on, all the discussions about the price is so useless.

The producer fixes his price, looks after some while if he has made some profit, advertise his sale ... and the consumer decides: to buy or not to buy! So simple as that.

Actually, it's not. It's not enough for a business to know their product is not selling... they very much want to know why it's not selling. It's much more difficult to correct a problem if you are unsure of the cause of the problem.

Price is not the only reason people don't buy things.

I forgot the pic of the overhead flap handle, very nicely done.

Some more pictures. Trackir is a big help with this aircraft. There is a lot to look at inside.

Oh, thanks. Yes, it's nice to see that they did the compass and fuel sight-gauges right.

TrackIR is certainly going to be helpful in the Cub, for keeping an eye on all these things.

Looks gorgeous! Looking forward for:

1) arriving home

2) get some PC time, preferably before diner

3) get it - the Cub pit

4) try it

5) Dream about it....

Great detail for 15$

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I hate to say it, but I'm not going to buy. I would love to support Flight, but I already have a slow two seater that can't do jobs. And besides, if I'm going to fly a two seater in Flight, 95% of the time I'll pick the RV. The Cub would last me just a few days until I shelved it. It's unfortunate because I really would like to support MS making VC equipped planes. From the start, I wasn't too excited about the Cub mainly for it's lack of capability as mentioned. Many have opined about $15 for just a VC, and I agree it's a bit too high, especially for the Cub. If we were talking about a more capable airplane that could move pax and cargo (Caravan, Kodiak, Beaver, etc) I'd be all over it.

Oh well, maybe Flight will come out with some more attractive options to allow us to fly bigger and better jobs in the not too distant future, but for now, I'm not very optimistic about it.

Oh well, maybe Flight will come out with some more attractive options to allow us to fly bigger and better jobs in the not too distant future, but for now, I'm not very optimistic about it.

Don't bother... there's years of MS FLIGHT history ahead... I'm sure sooner or later something that pleases you will get released :-)

The Cub is a plane I have flown, as a passenger, in RL too, and I have very good memories of it ....

Main Simulation Rig:

What came with Hawaii? Wasn't it the RV? So it was 20 bucks for the area plus a deluxe plane. I think that the big issue here, at least for me is that they released Alaska for less then Hawaii and with a "half" plane. IMO the better choice would have been to wait on Alaska and include the deluxe cub for 30 bucks or not release the "half" cub with it. It's all about perception and right now many of us are feeling that we are not buying a deluxe plane but rather a patch or up grade to a previously released one that came with something already purchased. What will the future hold? An advanced Maule with a nice GPS or auto pilot for another 15 bucks because it's a "new" deluxe plane? Maybe another 15 bucks for floats on the cub. Such methods of release and pricing makes me feel like they are nickle and dimeing me to death with upgrades.

I'm sure I will break down and eventually buy the cub because I like the plane but I may wait for another Steam sale or some other package deal before I do.

Exactly. It is just perception. People are thinking about things way too hard.

How much is it worth it to people to fly around Alaska? $15? If yes (would anyone really answer no to this?), then buy Alaska; it's worth it to you.

How much is it worth it to you to fly around in the cub from a VC? $15? If yes, then buy the deluxe cub.

There. It's that simple. Quit focusing on what you think you did or didn't buy already in Alaska, and quit assigning some arbitrary proportion of the $15 Alaska price tag to the basic Carbon Cub. One can assume that the basic CC was $0.01 of the $15 or one can assume that the basic CC was $14.97 of the $15 for Alaska. Just look at the total package: $30 for Alaska and the Cub. If you're OK with that then quit obsessing over how the pricing breaks down.

Regarding the $15 prices for the deluxe cub - here are some FSX addon prices:

- $24.99 for the A2A cub (+ another $19.00 for the accusim addon for it)

- $26.95 for the Carenado C185F

- $19.95 for the Carenado C185 Bush

- $24.95 for the GAS Stearman

Maybe some of these are better quality than the Carbon Cub, but the CC is at most 75% the price of one of these, and potentially as low as 55% the cost of one of these.