Sign in to follow this  
torque2

My blurries solved!

by the way. I have lost my great PC armchair (just broke!).

You've been spending wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long in it Rafal. No wonder it broke through overwork. :P

I mostly do heavy metal flying so, blurries aren't the end of the world for me

Same here. But FS for me, except for the aircraft operation aspect, is also a free adventure of virtual travel.

So I wish the world below would not make me want to see the runway immediately...

it broke through overwork

Certainly. I am impressed it survived a whole year of all this simming tension!

Not to mention jaggy roads when driving!

And the impossibility to sit straight on the airmchair.

Plus I have to check the water from the toilet tank.

BTW Does intoxication cause seeing blue screens? <-- Asking the experts only!

I may not be an expert in what causes blue screens, but I am an expert in intoxication... LOL I don't recall any blue screens but I can tell you that it can make almost any woman look like Angelina Jollie - until you wake up with a hangover....

B)

As the original poster of this topic I would like to post a followup. Further experience and testing has shown me that the key for me is to delete the FS9.cfg file then restart FS9 (to the welcome screen) to allow it to re-initialize itself. Then I close FS9 and restart it a second time, this time with my saved configuration file (using the /cfg: command line switch) and my blurries are gone as long as I don't restart my computer. Shutting down my computer or rebooting causes the blurries to reappear and I have to go through this process again. I have written a short batch file to automate this process and I run it each time I start my computer.

I have no explanation for this behavior. It seems that having FS9 regenerate a new cfg file resets something unrelated to the cfg file itself such that I can then run FS9 with my old cfg file and my textures remain sharp for the rest of my session. I pass this off to some peculiar glitch with modern hardware that FS9 is probably not totally compatible with. I never had this problem with my old dual core computer.

David

David, CYXE

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti .0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

MipBias=8

Hello Rafal

Have you tried turning down your mip bias to 4 and in your NV inspector settings.

Texture Filtering - Quality = High quality

Texture Filtering - Trilinear optimisation = OFF

Currently you have it set to quality and also have Texture Filtering - optimisation set to on.

Texture Filtering - Trilinear optimisation = on in combination with Texture Filtering - Quality = Quality always gives me worse results. the extra filtering causes blurry textures here.

You might also want to try 8xS along with dropping your 4xSparse grid supersampling down to 2x

Hey, Maddog!

I've had mip bias so high to - theoretically - reduce the amount of blurr.

And the extra shimmer that follows high mip bias was killed by higher sparse grid setting in the NVI.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will definitely try them today or tomorrow and will tell you how it goes.

For the last few days I've been fighting with frequent BSOD's.

Maybe I am on a good way to kill them. Will let everyone know.

Guest BRISTOL86

Rafal

Did you ever have any luck here?

Blurriest are the biggest frustration ever for me. Another Win7 user...

I know this is an old post but thank you YUHKF for this: try to open terrain.cfg and in DefaultTextureCount=put the number 1261 ( ore last number of your texture.xxxx) i think you'll be satisfied with results My settings were at 238 and I set them as you said and Voila for me is I have something that is presentable and imagine that...there is some elevation change in the scenery. mot just one flat surface..Thank you, Thank you!

Cheers

Rick

CYXE

try to open terrain.cfg and in DefaultTextureCount=put the number 1261 ( ore last number of your texture.xxxx) i think you'll be satisfied with results My settings were at 238 ...

The last one is Texture.1261 and the first one is Texture.1024.

1261 - 1024 = 237, so...placebo?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

The last one is Texture.1261 and the first one is Texture.1024.

1261 - 1024 = 237, so...placebo?

regards,

Joe

Sounds like it might be.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi, David!

I don't want to extinguish your enthusiasm, especially that it may work for you and then it is just great.

But having myself been unsuccessfully fighting with ground blurries / jaggies for more than half a year I immediately tried your method and unfortunately saw no difference.

Anyway thanks for posting and I hope it will work for you.

Part of a screenshot taken during the test some 15 minutes ago

bluraugust.jpg

You appear to have a very realistic lowered visibility effect there, and I would embrace it. It looks just like REAL LIFE when flying on the East Coast USA during the summer ... I LOVE IT !!!