Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Don't Buy Apple...

C'mon, drink the Kool Aid. It tastes good. My IOS 6 updates on the iPhone and iPad are great. New iPhone 5 should be in my hands within a week.

I've seen many Android users over the years finally realize that the iGadgets are the best, and they set the standard for all others to follow (or copy).

Stan

Actually the market says otherwise. It is Apple who are in fact in "catchup" mode. And, to release an operating system with a map/navigation app that tells you where you aren't is daft.

Thy are kings of the hard sell and make you believe that their's is the only product to have. What's their market share? less than 20% if that! Other people prefer other systems because that get what they want and put what they want on their mobles. Whereas Apple owners are told what they want and have little or no choice otherwise.

I did update my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 since I rarely watch google maps in the phone, have Navigon as a GPS navigator and figured being able to close an incoming call and instead automatically send an SMS ("I am l flying, I'll call you later) would be convenient. But no way iOS6 is touching any of my iPads until Youtube and Google maps OR something of similar quality is available. I am too fascinated by being a globetrotting virtual tourist in street view!

I think my iPhone is a great device with an excellent display and smooth albeit booring interface. But if it wasn't for the hundreds of euros I've invested in iOS apps and that I can also use on the iPad's and my wifes iPhone, I definitely would consider switching platform.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Actually the market says otherwise. It is Apple who are in fact in "catchup" mode. And, to release an operating system with a map/navigation app that tells you where you aren't is daft.

Thy are kings of the hard sell and make you believe that their's is the only product to have. What's their market share? less than 20% if that! Other people prefer other systems because that get what they want and put what they want on their mobles. Whereas Apple owners are told what they want and have little or no choice otherwise.

I am not sure all that matters. Apple is a single company, whereas Samsung and others are a hodgepodge of companies that just happen to share approximately the same operating system.

Market share has to look slightly different from that perspective. Android phones may have a huge share, but the individual companies, baring Samsung (and Google itself) are not necessarily all that threatening.

http://seekingalpha....s-do-not-matter

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Bills are for responsible chumps. Gadgets are a much better use of money.

I agree LOL

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

By the way, for the loss of YouTube there is at least a temporary solution:

Got to M.YouTube.com in your Safari browser.

Hit the Add Bookmark Button and Click "Add to home screen" Instead.

Voilà! You now have a replacement YouTube tab on your screen. (can do this for any site)

A stopgap for the missing Google Map that may be at least temporarily satisfactory is "Live street view free" Which is available in the ap store.... for free.

Be prepared for some nagging from the new IOS about your passwords and added security. I hate that crap, especially when mandatory, and usually fill them out with....... impolite things.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Welcome Apple users to 2008 :lol:

I got an HTC G1 in November of 2008 that had turn by turn navigation and it worked from day one. I also had a real Evo 4G phone and not one that lied it was operating on 4G like the iPhone 4.

It's amazing how people can blindly follow a company. I hope in the future I can create a company people trust like this so I can strip them of all their money. :rolleyes:

Wow this is as bad as FS vs XPlane. Amazing.

Ah, those are equally crap :lol:

idon't know what all the idiocy is with the ipads and ipods . Reminds me of the stampedes and riots over Cabbage Patch kids.

Kind regards,

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook.

idon't know what all the idiocy is with the ipads and ipods . Reminds me of the stampedes and riots over Cabbage Patch kids.

Kind regards,

I am just barely old enough to remember this. It continued on with those Beanie Babies.

Well research in motion has about 4% of the phone market and shrinking, so they could not pull a large silly crowd even if they wanted too! :-)

Devons rig

Well research in motion has about 4% of the phone market and shrinking, so they could not pull a large silly crowd even if they wanted too! :-)

They were the big dogs not too long ago.

Hopefully that will happen with Apple, just after I pull out of their stock and put it into Google. :biggrin:

Kind regards,

Mine came in the mail. I can't figure out why people go stand in line over night. Perhaps the Internet doesn't work where they live or the mail system has collapsed.