Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

Don't Buy Apple...

Telenav Scout for ios6. Usually $25 a year. Giving away free for first year effective 9/21. Good marketing by Telenav.

Eric 

Yes it does with the new iOS 6.

Thanks Randy. After posting the question, curiosity got the better of me so I had a look around.

Forgive me if I am incorrect here, but I think your reply is only partly correct. It is my understanding that the iPhone will not make videocalls over 3G to other phones, but now has the ability to make only facetime calls to other iphones over 3G. Maybe I am wrong, but if you can make a 3g videocall from an iPhone to a Nokia, Samsung, LG, Hyundai, Motorola etc, etc, etc user, then I apologise profusely.

Ah that I don't know to be honest. I only use FaceTime with my family and rather infrequently.

The Tango app for both iPhone and Android phones offers free mobile video calls over 3G, 4G, or wi-fi wireless networks. Android users can now communicate with Android users or with iPhone users and vice versa. Even owners of the latest iPod Touch with front-facing camera can make two-way video calls with iPhone and EVO 4G or Galaxy S Android users as long as they have access to a wi-fi network.

When used on wi-fi, the app does not use your cell phone minutes; so, the calls are free of charge, even if calling another country on the opposite side of the globe.

Its a free app by the way, and I am sure there are probably many others. As they say: "There's an app for that"

For instance Fring, Movicha, or Skype.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The lady from Apple also told the Beeb that the Map App is cloud based. Which means they have no idea how to fix it and are relying on users suggestions.

I wouldn't have one if they were free. The only iAnything that I'm the least bit concerned about is that iPoop regularly... :p0816:

Here's your chance to become a dotcom millionaire with your new Ipoop App!!!! Just think! Never more will the call of nature come at an inconvenient time. Your Iphone app will do it for you! :-)

Type Maps.google in your Safari browser.

Allow Google to use your location.

Follow the instructions that pop up to add the app to your home screen.

Access to google maps returned, though still no street view.

Temporary workaround achieved.

Google is working on a new native app.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

What do people do with their old iStuff when the latest iteration comes out? Are there those who now own five iPhones?

What do people do with their old iStuff when the latest iteration comes out? Are there those who now own five iPhones?

1) Sell it on Ebay. Interestingly enough, if you are going on a new plan and purchasing the latest iPhone for $199 (for instance) and your old phone is fetching a price of say, $100 or likely more, then you can upgrade for a very modest amount in many instances. (because buying an iPhone without a plan is otherwise super expensive, and many people want a phone they can jailbreak)

2) Pawn it.

3) It always pays to have spares.

4) Give it to your slobbering relatives that have been eyeing it ever since you said you were thinking about getting a new one. Note: Don't give the device to anyone very very young or they may jump off the edge of a couch or something to hug you, unfortunately breaking every bone in your body. This is known as the Bob Barker effect and can be risky no matter what your age. -_-

Devons rig

Anyone who is remotely tech savvy will know from the beginning not to buy apple, all the way from their ipods, to iphone, to ipads.

They are a disgraceful company who's last shred of integrity was wiped clean by trying to sew any company who is doing better than them, who is making more money.

enjoy this video

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Very funny video :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of funny, I have just seen the new Samsung TV Ad poking fun at the iPhone5. It certainly bought more than a chuckle to this sore head on a Sunday morning, followed by even more laughter at a comment made about the new iPhone TV Ads - "isn't that voice over the guy from Dumber and Dumber?"

Great to see that there is still some humour to be had at poking fun at the way companies behave and are perceived.

So lets keep this tongue in cheek guys - Randy's arms are already up in the air :rolleyes:

trying to sew any company who is doing better than them

That's "sue" as in "suing your pack animal off".

Very funny video :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of funny, I have just seen the new Samsung TV Ad poking fun at the iPhone5. It certainly bought more than a chuckle to this sore head on a Sunday morning, followed by even more laughter at a comment made about the new iPhone TV Ads - "isn't that voice over the guy from Dumber and Dumber?"

Great to see that there is still some humour to be had at poking fun at the way companies behave and are perceived.

So lets keep this tongue in cheek guys - Randy's arms are already up in the air :rolleyes:

Nah not worth it. Apple haters can't stand that some of us couldn't care less about anything other than form and functionality. Not getting into this corporate evilness debate.

WARNING!

Exploring the new update further, I find that YouTube has been quietly and unceremoniously yanked from the new IOS6. Apparently Apple is not happy with Google eating into their market with android devices and..... boom.

This means Google maps and street-view is also gone as has been mentioned, replaced by a so far much inferior Apple replacement.

Which means that the use of Google maps on the find my iPhone/iPad app is also gone. Replaced with the inferior Apple made app.............

There is a replacement for The missing YouTube app in the Iphone store, but it does not work natively with iPads. Instead, its a wittle, itty bitty app that you can only make better by hitting 2x mode. Apparently Apple is now intent on smacking Google around a bit by making the use of anything Google-made a chore.........

Think carefully before updating.

*Groan.

Thank you for reminding me as i watch youtube on it drinking coffee. Use google chrome on it too. It had update this last night I did not click on it not all updates are good things.