Sign in to follow this  
waleed

Dubai, in all it's glory.

What a freaking coincidence, just last night was thinking about to find a good scenery for this place.

On their forum, George says the frames are close to what one would get at their Athens scenery.

I'm sure they'd have included night textures as well.

I've been flying out of Dubai, being my residence, a lot on the sim and I always thought of switching back to FS2004 just so I could fly out of somewhat realistic Dubai made by FlyTampa. Now, I don't need to :)

This looks lovely and presumably, the place would be alive again with traffic on VATSIM too.

So the perfect combination FlyTampa Dubai + PMDG 777!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I lived in Dubai for 5 years and i can ensure you the scenery is very realistic... I can see in one of the photos the tower where i used to work in...Thank you Fly Tampa!!!

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Hummm... spectacular flightsim scenery for that local area.

But, isn't it like 1000km to the nearest next town. So I guess low and slow GA would not be something you could do there, unless I was excited about flying around in circles around Dubai.

I wonder if they have modeled the miles long lineups of sewage trucks winding their way out of town, now that would be realistic.

I think what would be needed to interest me is a regional scenery, modeled desert sand, blowing sand, and all other airports and communities and road infrastructure in that region (of which there are plenty but just nothing much to see). One fantastic modeled city and airport 1000s of kms from anywhere else does not interest me.

But very good job on this city and airport that's for sure.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

OMDB - LLGB is a good run and LLBG has a good scenery.

Eric 

I'll probably get that. I think I have everything from Fly Tampa.

Imagine San Diego KSAN, and the Carenado area including that military airport and downtown SD done like that by Fly Tampa... WOW! Now, that would be even more amazing! Sigh!

BTW,,, going back to Dubai,

Is there phototextures for that area (UAE)? Is anyone selling that? There is no need for autogens for that area,,, it would be nice to have some decent photo textures for that area.

I have looked out the window flying across northern Africa over the desert, usually even from 33,000 feet you have a clear view of the ground during sunny afternoons.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OMDB - LLGB is a good run and LLBG has a good scenery.

Except it's forbidden in the UAE AIP. :P

Of course this is FS so politics need not apply! Yay! Can't wait for this scenery! :lol:

Fantastic news. :wub:

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Looks incredible. I can't wait!

It's going to be to be an expensive few weeks: FT DubaiX, AS Duesseldorf, AS Airbus Ext., FSDT Vancouver... PMDG 777?

When is FT CYUL due out? George has been working a while on that one.

Eric