Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Biz jets Citation x vs Mustang vs ?

Scott,

The choice between the CX and the CJ1+ can be a tough one. Just as the OP was torn between the C510 and C750, you really can't go wrong. Picking the BEST FIT is a personal choice based on your needs. The CJ1+ is a great change of pace from the CX for those shorter hauls. The avionics package in the CJ1+ is awesome with a full function FMS.

Welcome to business jets, Scott :biggrin: Hang in there , before you know it, you'll own them all :Hypnotized:

WAT1460.png

Thanks guys - appreciate all the help...

:)

Regards,

Scott

Scott, the CJ1+ is only "light" in the sense that it's a single-pilot certified aircraft, and the CX is not...

As a result, there's much less cockpit workload involved.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Bill,

Thanks - that's what I was after with my previous question - it's still just as realistic with the systems modeled - it's just that the real plane has simpler systems... Right ?

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Can anybody comment about the Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0.

Frame rates?

UNS-1 FMS accuracy on STAR approaches?

(I ask because the Citation X sometimes misses STAR approaches and want to be sure the CJ1 does NOT)

Cheers.

Any "misses" would be due to out of date database from Navigraph and would apply to CJ1+2.0 as well since both use the same Navigraph DB.

See VJ Carlos post above. I know he is an owner of CJ1+2.0.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

As Ron stated, any 'misses' would be because of the Navigraph database. What sets the UNS-1 apart from other FMS's though is that it comes with an optional compiled database that matches FS9/X precisely, which the customer can choose to use if they wish. That way they will be guaranteed that the approaches in the FMS and the sim are in perfect synch... B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can anybody comment about the Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ Extreme V2.0.

Frame rates?

(I ask because the Citation X sometimes misses STAR approaches and want to be sure the CJ1 does NOT)

Cheers.

I have found the CJ1+ to perform as well as and in some situations out perform the ESDG Citation X (v2). B)

I have not observed any frame rate issues and the UNS-1 FMS is simpler to learn and use (IMHO). They both use the same Navigraph database so I would not expect there to be any differences regarding SIDs and STARs. If all the approaches are in the downloaded navigraph database, I don't see why there would be anything missing. :unsure:

If you desire HIGH quality business jets to operate in FSX, (with the exception of Flight 1's Mustang) the only ones to consider are from Eaglesoft . My only regret is they are not able to crank one out often enough. :Praying: (XLS)

WAT1460.png

Our thanks for your support gentlemen and please do stop by our Discount Coupons Page: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/coupons.htm prior to purchase to take advantage of the Christmas discount coupon. B)

BOO! nothing worse than a link to an expired coupon! :P prospective customer too...moving forward from PMDG 737/747 MD-11 and most RealAir planes was looking for a small fast jet for a change...

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Its definitely on my list and has been for some time...its just the NEXT one Im not decided on...so far worked up from Legacy to Duke B60 to Turbo Duke to  PMDG 737 then 747 then MD-11....I want something I havent already got covered although a different cockpit like the Maddog appeals although not next as the PMDG manuals have tired me out!

Its worth buying at full price tbh, great aircraft.

So its pretty well down to the Citation X or the J41. The Mustang Im iffy cos of the Vnav so its pretty much an upgraded Duke Turbo with GNS530 RealityXP which I already own.

It needs act more realistic than LOOK realistic as i dont like photo panels with non-working knobs..so the CX VC would be fine for me

I LOVE landing on small runways too... challenges me to get the weight calcs nailed down before takeoff and correctly stabilized approaches set up just right or go around...6000ft in 747 5000ft in MD11 and 4000 ft in 737 are my very comfortable limits right now and I love mountain flying so would love a fast plane with full FMS that could take down on a 2000 footer...or less!

The J41 appeals cos of the very different cockpit setup from the other PMDG's I own and its like a bigger Duke with FMS (although its clmb cant surely match the Turbo...but the CX would Im sure.

Oh well still on the fence the next day or so.

My comment here was tongue in cheek as a 10% discount would have just toppled me over the edge for the CX over the J41!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

The CX will be the fastest aircraft you own, but if you wanted something different, put the A2A Civ Mustang on your list too. I tend to fly the CX and P51 Mustang all the time.

O/T:   I just can't nail my take-offs in the A2A Civilian P-51! ....... Landings are fine, but take-offs are a mess! .... the only plane I've ever had trouble taking off in.  I tend to dart all over the runway and take off with some severe yawing / crabbing! :lol:

Hello

Now that Zoran is part of the Citation X club :drinks:

I can’t make up my mind choosing between the Eaglesoft Citation CJ1+ 2.0 or the Flight1 Mustang.

Both the Collins Pro Line 21 and the G1000 systems suit me.

If you have the Citation CJ1+ 2.0, could you elaborate and share your experiences?

How's it on FPS, the UNS-1 FMS, and the Electronic Chart View?

Thanks

I have the CJ-1. it's a great plane. it's simpler than the X but more involved than the mustang. the FMS in the CJ-1 is very simplified and many features don't work as compared to the X where everything works. Also since you have the garmen 500 in the CJ you can basically use the FMS as you wish and just use the garmen for navigation and approaches and landings. In the X you have to use the FMS as there is no other unit.

The chart viewer works great but is incompatible with newer versions of adobe reader so you have to use an old version of that if you want to use the chart viewer.