Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

I give up...

reinstall fsx many times and learned it poorly designed. X-plane despite its flaws does not crash like fsx has done. Keep Xplane 10 and flight sim 2004 as backups to use.

It's been "dying" for 20 years. :)

It's never been mass market, and never will be (cf. the failure of MS Flight).

If you're not into the precise art of tweaking as enjoyment, you're better off playing a Zynga game in an iPad.

Real flight simulation is complex, and inherently unstable.

Go to orbs website, find FAQ on their forums, read post about uninstalling ORBX scenery.

Maybe 15 seconds in Google, but how long did it take to type a rant?

The uninstall process...

1. Run FTXcentral, set scenery to default.

2. Go to FSX/ORBX, delete desired scenery folders.

3. Go to FSX/ORBX/scripts, delete desired .cfg files

4. Go to FSX/scenery/world/scenery, delete ftx* files

Done. Time to uninstall, about 2 mins.

Amazing what a couple of minutes research will save you.

From the time I step outside and see a jet above, I'm ready to head back on the sim. <_<

Some disorder or something.

Or maybe we are part of Microsoft's plan to brainwash everyone.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

When XP10 has all the capability that FSX has now let me know!

FS2Crew

RAAS

GSX or AES

AI not limited to 2 planes and by real world schedules

A more realistic ATC system like RC4, or the best I've seen yet PFE (Don't count on it from Austin, because as far as he's concerned, the current XP10 ATC system "Rocks" (Source AVSIM's teamspeak conference)

Voice recognition like MCE (or FS2Crew)

Accurate weather depiction like Active Sky or OPUS

Camera and effect systems like EZDOK or A2A Accufeel

Until then I'll just keep enjoying flight sim experiences like this

Read my post (#23) again, we are saying the same thing, I don't have XP-10 yet because to many thing are missing, my prediction is as soon as XP-10 10.20 64-bit is stable 3PD will get in it and things will change....again time will tell.

It's never been mass market, and never will be (cf. the failure of MS Flight).

That's what they said about The Sims and Minecraft as well... The failure of Flight can be attributed to a lot of reasons. To mention a few: Lack of DLC/addons at launch and after, MS LIVE store's Microsoft point system, unexiting gameplay, unappealing to core fan base, poor marketing.

Half hearted efforts rarely succeed. Microsoft could have done much better. Microsoft's challenge is that creating business software and entertainment products takes very different mindsets. Tou can't create video game art with a B2B mindset.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I have just decided to give up on it now

Me Too! iracing is fun :smile:

all joking aside, I sympathize with your troubles.

Regards;

Fritz

I an reinstalling FSX along-side XPX in my rig. I think my problem was always the additional programs that support fsx causing some sort of PC log-jam and crashes to desktop.

So i decided install only the plane I am going to fly, the airports i am going to fly between, a weather addon, shade or whatever people are using now, and HDE clouds.

Thats it, no more 60 GB installs with tons of unused scenery, it just leads to problems and frustration.

This topic is funny. Sure FSX has its problems, but user error when deleting scenery is not one of them.

Default FSX is worse than XPlane. But right now with hundreds of scenery and airplanes, FSX is still king.

If you are crashing often then go back to default FSX and only do small tweaks from Nickn's guide and Word Not Allowed's tweaks. Slowly add scenery and airplanes from there. Also stop flying with AI that can cause crashes and slowdown. That's what I did. And FSX is smooth and crash free.

Engine wise it is, you can always put lipstick on a cow but it's still a cow under the lipstick.

Does LM think that FSX's engine is obsolete? I don't think so.

XPX has a long way to go and might never catch FSX. Why? Developers need to come on board and that might never happen. Most devs want a stable/finished platform and XP seems to always be in Beta. I hope that XPX 64 succeeds because I would like to see progress. Plus, XP has lots of potential to be great simulator.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hey Arjen, I hear your pain. But first you have to accept responsibility. You know as well as anyone that you don't delete a folder to remove a program. Move it, rename it, better still take the time to google it and find out how to do it right. But what is done is done, and we have all done it. You can probably get it fixed with some help from ORBX and people here on Avsim and even if you don't you'll have a clean install. Why not do a flight on the east coast or europe and forget about the black squares and remember why you do this in the first place? Then fix it and carry on. Don't look at the tinkering as a task, look at it as a challenge and every flight as an accomplishment. Your heart is here so stay here.

I can feel your pain. Nothing more frustration than after spending good money on Add-ons and having a "FSX has stopped working..." message to get you want to throw the hammer at the thing. Here is what I adopted as coping mechanism:

1. I only run ORBX with the simplest payware aircraft. For complex aircraft, I turn the slider way down: autogen and the scenery complexity. After all, the scenery is pretty much gone after 10,000 ft.

2. I removed all add-ons that are resource hogs

That's it. I have not had an issue with FSX since I adopted these rules. They sucks because like everyone else, I want to turn everything max, but the reality is that I want to fly not tweak.

I stopped buying new stuffs, as I don't want to throw good money after bad any more.

I an reinstalling FSX along-side XPX in my rig. I think my problem was always the additional programs that support fsx causing some sort of PC log-jam and crashes to desktop.

So i decided install only the plane I am going to fly, the airports i am going to fly between, a weather addon, shade or whatever people are using now, and HDE clouds.

Thats it, no more 60 GB installs with tons of unused scenery, it just leads to problems and frustration.

Amen to that, same here.

+10

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Does LM think that FSX's engine is obsolete? I don't think so.

XPX has a long way to go and might never catch FSX. Why? Developers need to come on board and that might never happen. Most devs want a stable/finished platform and XP seems to always be in Beta. I hope that XPX 64 succeeds because I would like to see progress. Plus, XP has lots of potential to be great simulator.

We are saying the same thing here, FSX is not obsolete but work on the engine is a done deal, P3D will never make it as it should be, not enough man power for that and forget about 64-bit.

As far as XP-10 you are right, that is what I said, the sim. need to be stable for 3PD to get onboard and make what's missing, sceneries, AI traffic and all that good stuff.

No sim. is perfect but to me if XP-10 64-bit become stable enough 3PD will jump in it like flies on a pile of crap.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2013/01/whats-left-in-the-10-20-betas/

If FSX had been a simple plug snd play simulator I may have walked away years ago. The fact that it attracts so many people with so many skills - all contributing to try and get it to the promised land is what makes it such a great experience to me. There seems to be always something happening are at least being discussed on these forums and else where.

I sincerely believe that the pain sweat and tears that helped evolve this flaw flight sim over the years (while causing me and many frustrations at times and yes mostly secret because you can't really explain to family and friends that your foul mood is because your FPS's are just not cuttiing it) has been the making of it.

All the different varied products etc and level of dedication shown by people is amazing. If you walk away now don't throw away the keys. Keep them in a safe place because you know and we know you will be back.

All the best.