Sign in to follow this  
TechguyMaxC

Finally - Answers to my high powered system's low performance

Scarlett, are you suggesting we don't max out our sliders? :)

Actually it's TYSD (turn your sliders down)... I'm going to try to trademark it before she does!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

So what is your average on that same situation Tech "with virtually all settings maxed in the NGX sitting short of the active runway (default) @ FSDT's KJFK looking out the right side of the cockpit toward the terminal with Aerosoft Manhattan X in the background and UT2 traffic settings @ 80% commercial, 100% GA."?

Depends on the view, but it's in the 20's and 30's most of the time.

Yes, we get more than enough of that ever since you brought your presence to avsim a few months ago.

Don't feed the trolls.

And again, you keep following my posts. (You obviously have nothing better to do, or else you wouldn't go out of your way to keep posting like this)

Your constant animosity is amusing. - You clearly are the one with nothing better to do than to come in here and troll users.

Even screaming rigs are dragged into the performance mud with highly detailed add ons. I have a Sandy Bridge system running at 4.8 all the time, liquid cooled, a very good graphic card, tons of memory, separate SSDs for FSX and the OS (which help a little bit with smoothness but not much else). I've done the auto fsx.config tweaker. I've read every blog on this front.

At BFI, with the NGX using ORBX scenery (the most dense area in the PNNW scenery area) with sliders not even fully maxed, at dusk, dawn or night, I'm lucky to be above 10 or 11 frames with realistic cloud textures, even using pretty basic water textures and effects. But that number goes up when I back off the scenery complexity and auto gen.

I've tried the JFC scenery you talk about and the Manhattan scenery - dude, you you would be lucky to be running 10 frames during the day in clear weather.

Even with very high powered rigs, you still can't have it all.

Yes, we get more than enough of that ever since you brought your presence to avsim a few months ago.

Haha I'm sorry but that was a good one.

Even screaming rigs are dragged into the performance mud with highly detailed add ons. I have a Sandy Bridge system running at 4.8 all the time, liquid cooled, a very good graphic card, tons of memory, separate SSDs for FSX and the OS (which help a little bit with smoothness but not much else). I've done the auto fsx.config tweaker. I've read every blog on this front.

At BFI, with the NGX using ORBX scenery (the most dense area in the PNNW scenery area) with sliders not even fully maxed, at dusk, dawn or night, I'm lucky to be above 10 or 11 frames with realistic cloud textures, even using pretty basic water textures and effects. But that number goes up when I back off the scenery complexity and auto gen.

I've tried the JFC scenery you talk about and the Manhattan scenery - dude, you you would be lucky to be running 10 frames during the day in clear weather.

Even with very high powered rigs, you still can't have it all.

Thats a shame. i was saving up for Xmas for a new gaming PC (about £2000). I get around 9-12 fps on UK heathrow extreme scenery with PMDg 737. Sliders are around 50-70%.

I remember reading a long time ago how the FPS counter wasn't even correct in many instances. Sometimes you can get low FPS but still a smooth flight. My guess is because FSX is using such ancient graphics processing that is more reliant on the CPU than GPU.

Yeah even though I see the built in FPS counter saying 16-17fps, it doesn't feel like it to me. It feels much smoother than that. I'm running at 2560x1600 and my average at add-on airports, with UT2 100% commercial traffic, 5% GA, EZDOK, REX, GEX, UTX, AccuFeel, Shockwave 3d Redux, PMDG 737, OpusFSX. I am getting around 15-20fps, once airborne it starts going up 20+ and usually stabilizes at 30fps which is what i have it locked to.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Don't feed the trolls.

Your constant animosity is amusing. - You clearly are the one with nothing better to do than to come in here and troll users.

You say, "dont feed the trolls", and yet you follow it up with a comment like that braceface.

You need to grow up summer.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Hhahahahahahaha I love being a kid! I wanna be a KID 4-EVEr ;o)

why do i have the feeling that this thread will be locked soon?

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I was battling poor FSX performance for months. The absolute best thing I did to speed things up was reinstall it, and rebuild the PC whilst I was at it!

Sorry it's most probably not the suggestion you were after, but believe me I tried many things and gave up. A fresh install is the way to go.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S