Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

No Love For Default Aircraft?

Yes and no.

The default 737 VC is adjusted to the -800's fuselage length, while the model in the above package is a -700. Hence, the VC will be a bit too much forward compared to the exterior model.

If you can live with that, okay. I usually can't.

And I tend to create my own packages instead of downloading others anyway.

Thanks for pointing that out (the kind a thing a NOOB would miss!) Not a problem. There were several other variations using that same VC but in an 800 configuration. I can easily download one of those.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Do it. Just mention that it's AFG's base data and you should be good to go.

If they complain (which is very, very unlikely), you can still have it removed.

Uploaded.  [b350_fde.zip] in the Avsim library.

Uploaded.  [b350_fde.zip] in the Avsim library.

Most appreciated! I've downloaded the file. It's late here, so I'll give it a try tomorrow. Cheers!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I would say the default Maule is payware quality. Very, very good.

For an FSX default plane, it's excellent.  One of the few faults I can find with it are the confused orientation of the ailerons from inside the VC, but very solid work all around.  One of the best defaults to ever exist in the entire MSFS line.

The FSX default Maule is well done. Almost as good as it is in MS Flight :lol: 

The only thing missing in the Flight version is the AP...it's there but you can't turn it on.

I agree with the other comments - once you go payware you never go back.

However, a personal favorite of mine is the Blue Angels mods to the bog-stock F-18 - it turns into a really nice flying arrow/dart/weapon with tremendous flight dynamics. Others have noted Dino Cataneo's machines - flat out amazing quality for freeware. And Piglet's Meyers 200D is a really nice flying sim. 

I only have a half-dozen payware aircraft in my hanger, but everyone one of them is an "aircraft" compared to the standard FSX stuff. 

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

go with pmdg for airliners, go with carenado for general aviation. you will never look behind.

i only use default aircrafts for benchmarkings or testing stuff, because they are easy on frames and loading times less.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

I agree with the other comments - once you go payware you never go back.

However, a personal favorite of mine is the Blue Angels mods to the bog-stock F-18 - it turns into a really nice flying arrow/dart/weapon with tremendous flight dynamics. Others have noted Dino Cataneo's machines - flat out amazing quality for freeware. And Piglet's Meyers 200D is a really nice flying sim. 

I only have a half-dozen payware aircraft in my hanger, but everyone one of them is an "aircraft" compared to the standard FSX stuff. 

Thanks for the tip on the Blue Angels mods. I installed the FA-18A+ add-ons today. A nice package of goodies! Look great too.

I had never flown a default aircraft, FSX or FS9. Only payware quality, if I fly an airliner it's a must to have FMS, never use default GPS, if I fly a GA I only use VOR navigation like in real world!!!

Do you mean to say that your real world plane only has VOR equipment or that GA planes only fly with VOR equipment in real life? Because its common for GA to have FMS/GPS capabilities IRL.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I like the small single engine props for VFR flying, especially with those great ORBX terrain products.  For more complex aircraft, I go payware, where PMDG is my clear favorite.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I splurged on many payware aircraft as well as a crap load of money spent on hardware upgrades and then it happened!!! I lost it all... Major surge wiped out everything fsx I ever had. Thanks to a hard copy of FSX that I had in storage I was able to get back to flying but this time I'm flying Vanilla FSX all the way with no add ons... I'm loving every seconds of it.

I fly the Maule, the Beaver, the Baron and the King Air. I just dabble at airline flying, so I fly upgraded versions of the 747, 737 and Airbus. Everything else I fly is payware or top quality freeware.